All About Airbrush Makeup

i_<3_chanel

elementary.
Reaction score
this isn't new by any means . . but there didn't seem to be a thread for it . . .

uslu airlines gives women what they want: a super natural look, where make-up is used with a minimalistic approach. Less is more. The most admired natural look is usually the one where the make-up is practically not there. Understandable, because this natural beauty is coming from within.

With traditional products and tools, this sheer super natural look is not easy to master -every professional make-up artist will confirm that. Hence, some women prefer not to use any make-up at all. They just don't want to look "made-up". Their search is for a make-up to sensibly enhance their natural beauty in a quick and simple way.

Now there is uslu airlines airflow make-up: It is quick and simple to apply. It achieves extremely smooth poreless looking skin. The even distribution of a micron-pigment mist enhances the face rather than hiding its unique features under a layer. Airflow beauty make-up aims for a merely 10% coverage on the skin rather than the full cover of a regular product. The applied colors blend organically with the face. This fosters an exceptionally
healthy and natural look.

A woman on uslu airlines will never feel like wearing a make-up mask. And it will show: To most, she will just be a gorgeous female without any make-up at all. Or maybe just a tiny hint? But where? Even for a professional make-up artist, it is often hard to tell wether the striking beauty of a woman in airflow make-up is not "just" natural proof of an afternoon on the beach, a good nights sleep and a happy lifestyle. Getting compareable results with a regular brush or a sponged fluid would be next to impossible in most cases.

Is this Magic?
It almost sounds like magic. But no. uslu airlines puts ingenious airflow technology under the supreme command of natural beauty. The specially micronized uslu airlines pigments are distributed over the skin as a mist of thousands of microdroplets. These droplets are so small, that one alone is almost invisible to the human eye from normal personal distance. This secret lets uslu airlines airflow make-up trick us into believing that there is no make-up at all and we are looking at a natural face. We just see the entire face looks great, but we are unable to determine why.

a fantastic promo video . . split into 3 parts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LfBugvpBeU0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sYnLZwb9G2o
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zl57Iw82uhk

the machine itself . . air(o)pak

aop_2_0_cup_250.jpg

there's a really wide range of liquid colours . . but w/the machine's price itself starting at around 500 EUR/300 GBP it's not cheap & is mainly a professional tool for now
but a fantastic concept all the same. & i am seriously considering a purchase in the near future! ;]

anyone here tried it out?

usluairlines.com

No..but I'm tempted.. Henrik Vibskov (danish designer) has the system in his store..and so does Colette in Paris. I posted some pictures of her work with the airbrush makeup in the Make Up art thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Feride Uslu explains airbrush makeup and her product:

from www.ferideuslu.com

Why Airbrushed Make-up?
Airbrushed Make-up achieves extremely smooth poreless looking skin and allows for shinethru of very tiny details at the same time. The evenly distribution of a sprayed pigment mist paired with a very sensitive usage of materials enhances the airbrushed face rather than hiding its unique features under a layer (covering it up).

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]Since Airbrushed beauty make-up aims for a merely 10% coverage on the skin rather than the full cover of a regular product, the unique features of the face blend organically with the applied color. This combination fosters an exceptionally healthy and natural look. Even in “full armor”, made-up for the big social night of the season, a woman does not have to feel like wearing a Make-up mask.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]And it will show: To most, she will simply be a georgeous female without any make-up at all. Or maybe just a tiny hint? But where? Even for a professional Make-up Artist, it is often hard to tell, wether the striking beauty of a woman in Airbrushed Make-up is not “just” natural proof of an afternoon on the beach, a good nights sleep and a happy lifestyle. Getting compareable results with a regular brush or a sponged fluid would be next to impossible in most cases.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif](The well-known and widely feared joke/comment “she looks like a clown that swam thru a paint bucket” will no longer be applicable. Too bad!)
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]Is this Magic?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]It almost sounds like magic. But no. Airbrushed Make-up puts ingenous design technology under the supreme command of natural beauty. The pigments are distributed over the skin as a mist of thousands of microdroplets. The droplets are so small, that one alone is almost invisible to the human eye. (We would love to show you an example, but normal computer screen resolution is not fine enough to be able to display such a small dot!) This is why Airbrushed make-up has the power to trick us into believing that there is no make-up at all and we are looking in a natural face. We just see the entire face looks great, but we are unable to determine why.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]How does an Airbrushed Make-up system work?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]Quite simple. An Airbrushed Make-up system consists of four components:
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]1. The Airbrush itself, sometimes called “the gun”. It has about the size and weight of a pen.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]2. A thin flexible hose, that connects the Airbrush to the Airsource
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]3. The Airsource. Usually a compressor -about the size of two stacked pieces of soap- that puts out a soft continuous flow of air.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]4. Specially formulated Make-up colors. Liquid, with a viscosity and thickness like milk to make them sprayable.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]For application, a few drops of Make-up fluid are filled into the Airbrush gun which uses the compressors airflow to create a very fine mist over the desired area of the face/body. The constant softed airflow adheres the pigment onto the skin as it delivers it.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]Where can I buy an Airbrushed Make-up system?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif]Feride Uslu has founded her own company "Uslu Airlines" to bring the beauty of airflow to make-up. Go to usluairlines.com and find out everything about it.
[/FONT]

ERA Airbrush Makeup (Classified Cosmetics)

I always see the makeup artist on the tv show "What Not to Wear" using ERA spray foundation on the people getting made over. Has anyone tried it? How well did it work? I have always been curious about spray foundations.

I got an email today saying that it will be on the Home Shopping Network today:

i-broadcast-evryday-hsn_03.jpg

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Hi Everyone...It's Yolanda.

I am writing to let you know I will be on HSN with our new airbrush line, ERA® Everyday. Show times are:

• Thursday, November 1st: 7am eastern/4am pacific
• Thursday, November 1st: 3pm eastern/12pm pacific
• Thursday, November 1st: 8pm eastern/5pm pacific
• Friday, November 2nd: 9am eastern/6am pacific

These special shows will be the World Launch of our gorgeous new pink shimmer called Pink Topaz in our ERA® EVERYDAY formula. The shade is a subtle, bronzy rose perfect for applying all over face and body for a quick spritz of glamour, or for adding a wash of color directly to lids, cheeks and lips.

It’s featured as part of our limited edition holiday collection for HSN. The 3-piece set also includes a compact size ERA® EVERYDAY Bronzer and an ERA® EVERYDAY Foundation in our most popular shades for an amazing price of only $32.50.

Below are answers to some frequently asked questions about the new ERA® EVERYDAY line vs. our original ERA® line.

HOW IS THE ERA® EVERYDAY LINE AND ORIGINAL ERA® LINE THE SAME?

The new ERA® EVERYDAY line was created by Yolanda Halston, the original innovator of spray on makeup, as an extention of the globally popular ERA® product series.

ERA® EVERYDAY is the lighter side of luxury and features many of the desirable benefits consumers have come to expect from ERA® products.
Both ERA® lines can be applied expertly with your finger, makeup sponge/brush or sprayed directly onto the skin for the ultimate airbrush result. Other similarities include:

• Internationally patented technology
• Oil-free
• Wear/water resistant
• Can be worn on face & body
• Same perfectly matched foundation shades
• Contamination-free makeup
• First-time fresh application with each use.

HOW IS THE ERA® EVERDAY LINE AND ORIGINAL ERA® LINE DIFFERENT?

The new ERA® EVERYDAY line was created to address specific needs of the everyday cosmetic consumer without compromising the luxury ERA® is known for.

Below are some differences between ERA® EVERYDAY FOUNDATION and ERA® FACE FOUNDATION.

ERA® EVERYDAY FOUNDATION
• Sheer and hydrating
• Ideal for regular, everyday use
• Formulated as foundation light primer
• Layer for light-to-medium coverage • Gentle, daily dose of vitamins &
botanicals
• Natural-looking complexion smoother
ERA® FACE FOUNDATION
• Luxurious and soothing
• Preferred by celebrities & professional makeup artists
• Formulated as foundation concealer
• Layer for medium-to-full coverage and special concerns
• Specialized medi-spa levels of vitamins & botanicals
• Natural-looking coverage of tattoos, scars, birthmarks & varicose veins.

HOW DO I KNOW WHICH LINE IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Your individual makeup needs will determine which ERA® line is best for you.

If you...
• Expect full, flawless, airbrush results
• Need more coverage for specific concerns
• Want to pamper your skin with a medi-spa level of vitamins & botanicals
• Like the luxury of using Hollywood-preferred makeup

You will want to use the original ERA® line.

If you...

• Want feather-light airbrush results
• Like to wear little to no makeup
• Need a light, sheer finish
• Want to treat your skin to an affordable endulgence from a luxury company

You will want to use the new ERA® EVERYDAY line.

But there are no rules! ERA® is more than makeup... it is a valuable cosmetic tool. Have fun and experiment. Alternate or layer products from each line to fit your style and needs.

Be sure to tune in to HSN and see my live demonstration, and have a beautiful holiday season in whatever ERA® line you choose!

source - classified cosmetics

it's time to revive this thread! has anyone tried it? how well do you think it worked? did it look fake?

I freaking love this stuff; the original is my holy grail foundation (I've never tried the "everyday" version), and it's difficult for brown girls to find good foundation!

I wear it in R9 and R8. Looks super-natural in photos too: just like skin. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up getting the holiday collection off of HSN; not the original, but the everyday version. The price was just right considering that one foundation alone is about $65. If anyone wants it, HSN has the best prices!

Anyhow, I like it a lot but I don't spray it directly on the face like they say you should; I spray it onto a sponge and then apply. It stays all day and the coverage was pretty good and the foundation is very light too.

I just tried this stuff in the pharmacy today! I had no idea everyone loved it so much! It looks really good too...

Airbrush foundation for face and body at home

Can anyone recommend professional level foundation airbrush system for face and body that can be used at home. I am a MAC NC50 so I would need an airbrush system that offers an array of tones to compliment dark skin or an airbrush that can be used with other foundations. Please advise! Thanks.

Does anyone here use airbrush makeup? I became intrested in airbrush after using the skii airtouch which uses ionization instead of air, but it was by far the best foundation I've ever tried. I just got a temptu portable compressor and brush and really love it but it takes some practice. I can't quite figure out how to not get it to splatter at lower psi, and I want to learn how to do eye makeup. I've tried every normal foundation out there and my skin has never looked so good. Concealing blemishes works particularly well since you get a thin, even layer which you can't get with a brush. Temptu has a new consumer airbrush set exclusive to sephora but your limited to the makeup that comes in their pods, whereas the proffesional version you can use any color/finish you want. I have very oily skin so I found the makeup in the temptu pods too shiny, but it's a good system if you want something less complicated.

i am also very interested in airbrush make up. but i have no clue which company is good or some experience with it
i looked at ebay and they have quite a variety, eventhoug i don't know if it makes that huge difference which company you buy it.

i had no idea you could use it for eye make up, too!

I haven't gotten a chance to try out a lot of brands but from what I've read best brands are iwata and temptu for the compressor and airbrush, and occ, kett or tempu for makeup. Right now everything I have is temptu. If you go on their site there's a video of them doing eyeshadow for a runway show. Airbrushing is something that's hard to master but I've gotten good enough with just a little practice. If you really want something easy and hassle free I'd get the one at sephora but like I mentioned earlier your limited in what you can do with it.

i just looked at sephora and the one airbrush kit for non- professionals.

but what is it i can't do with the ones for consumers: i can't do eyehadow or mix colours?

i would like to get it first for my skin only

If the airbrush is splattering, it might need a thorough cleaning. You also need to be careful not to put too much pressure on the trigger or lever. Also make sure you use the right type of foundation for the airbrush you have - Eg. you can't use an oil or alcohol based foundation in an airbrush that's intended for water-based foundation.

Does anyone know of a good airbrush foundation, similar to TEMPTU, that is available in Canada? I live in Canada, and that product isn't carried here (and nor is it available to purchase online from Sephora).

I really want to try the airbrush application, but I am having a difficult time finding a comparable product. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->