Attack of the Clones

^ lol, I know a group of girlfriends and they all dress like you just described on nights out!!

Also agree with the longchamp bag sentiment, it's not even a particularly nice bag to begin with :/

Where I live, EVERY SINGLE GIRL dresses the same when they go on a night out. Black strech mini REALLY MINI skirt, black chunky platforms and something sheer on top of a tiny thing, oh! and a bun.
It's like you're seeing double or 5x because it's no joke, this combo doesn't change much. I wonder if they say anything when they meet with their other 5 friends that are all dress the same way. How can someone's personality be so repressed?
Why do you think their personality is repressed? Maybe thats what their personality is like exactly- conformist, safe, fitty-in ?
Both places I lived in were exactly the same, everybody looks like each other, but i think 90% really like it that way, mabye even on a subconscious level, they just really really want to fit in and be desirable to a large group of like-minded conformists and they fund the clothes to do so in.

That's precisely it, if they're conformist and just want to fit in, they'll supress any thought that they have and just follow trends with no input at all. If not, they wouldn't get to the point of being clones of each other, but share some aspects. Same shape, fabric, colour, combined with same accesories, hair, etc shows nothing of what makes that person special or different.

Yes, I agree. They dont want to be different, especcially in conservative, small and/or narrow minded communities. Being different is hard and it scares people of as well, I think those girls probbably dont think about it that much but try to fit in and not be singled out because life is just easier that way and who wants life to be hard or harder than it already is? :D
Even in a bit more forward looking circles people still follow signals and wear stuff approved by the leading figures. I think its inevitable wherever you go

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It's all fine and reasonable, but that doesn't mean it's an excuse, at least not a good one. :wink:

Maybe I'm too used to not caring, but I honestly think it would be harder to live trying to satisfy everyone by being a certain pre-molded way. And awful, too.

Yes, I agree. They dont want to be different, especcially in conservative, small and/or narrow minded communities. Being different is hard and it scares people of as well, I think those girls probbably dont think about it that much but try to fit in and not be singled out because life is just easier that way and who wants life to be hard or harder than it already is? :D
Even in a bit more forward looking circles people still follow signals and wear stuff approved by the leading figures. I think its inevitable wherever you go

yes-agreed...
it is harder to lead than to follow...
which i guess is why i personally admire people who push back against the narrow, conservative-minded expectations of others and follow their own heart...

it takes courage to be different...
but no one ever changed the world by being the same as everyone else...

:smartass:

Fashion Sheep (copying)

As I look through fashion blogs, online publications, magazine clippings and email newsletters, I realize more and more how people are copying trends despite their personal preferences and style opinions. Sure, neon is a huge trend but im not going to buy it because I dont like it personally.

And I mean this mostly in fashion blogging. Why do all the fashion bloggers like the same things? post the same Valentino Rock stud heels and show instagram snaps of pastel macaroons? Is originality dead or is it suppressed when you're trying to get to the top and stay relatable ?

Not bashing at all. I am a fashion blogger! Just wondering what you all think.
xo

This is quite funny thread.
In my eyes there is no more uniqueness in this world. Everybody dresses the same, even those peple who think that they are "oh so different from others" Hah.

^^i was at the museum yesterday and opened a book on the myths about design...
one of them was that everything has already been done...

the author went on a rant about how absurd and ridiculous this idea is...
i won't do that now, but i could...

i humbly suggest you open your eyes a bit more...
there is nothing that a well-educated mind cannot do...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate when person thinks he or she dresses uniqly when in reality he or she doesnt.
That happens alot in my neck of the woods.

But main thing is each of each own. Best thing is to dress how you like, not how other people want you to.
Älso these people who judges people and talks **** how they dress. Quite contoversial meaning my earlier comment..but it's the truth.. We finns say jokainen taaplaa tyylillään.

In my area guys and girls dress like each other. Guys go for weird quiffs that don't compliment them at all with chinos, suede shoes and plain coloured shirts. Girls go for crop tops, leggings and ugg boots. Its all so horrible!

this was a briliant thread...

in the last two days i've seen three women on instagram wearing the same dress...
what was unusual about this is that it was a very striking Comme dress...
:shock:...

comme going mainstream...more and more...

even my weirdest stuff isn't really weird anymore...
:lol:...

^ agree, this is one of my favorite tFS threads, thanks for the revival.

From the blogger clones, we now have all the Instagram clones out there. You know the type -- terrible Cult Gaia bag on their arms. Vomit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->