• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Elisabeth Bergner

mulletproof and estella,good to see you back :heart: !!

estella,i think that you´re 2-word characterization of the two ladies describes them perfectly but i won´t even try to find a translation it would probably lead to a complete lingual disaster:lol: .

northernsky said:
btw. i just had the honour to see katharina schüttler as a silent actress, because she lost her voice and couldn't speak. i guess comparing those two brought me bad luck. :huh:

WTF :o ????that sounds horrible.i saw her as hedda gabler on tv (3sat) yesterday (fortunately miss schüttler wasn´t "speechless").while watching the drama i couldn´t help but thinking of elisabeth bergner :wink:.btw,great acting,but watching the complete disintegration of humanity was sometimes hard for me to bear.well,okay,i guess i´m off-topic again.sorry :blush:...

WTF ????that sounds horrible.i saw her as hedda gabler on tv (3sat) yesterday (fortunately miss schüttler wasn´t "speechless").while watching the drama i couldn´t help but thinking of elisabeth bergner .btw,great acting,but watching the complete disintegration of humanity was sometimes hard for me to bear.well,okay,i guess i´m off-topic again.sorry ...

hm, we regretted not having watched it on TV before going to see it on stage (which would have been a stupid idea of course in any other case..)

i guess i know what you mean. normally the whole theatre situation always keeps me from letting myself slip into the story too deep and enables me to be a distant watcher, but this time -even with that additional distancing effect ^_^ - it was a little bit harder. maybe because i could relate to hedda. (now how does that make me look? :ninja: )

on-topic. for those who receive 3sat, they air "fräulein else" on sunday morning.

fräulein bergner on the last page:doh:...
this fabulous shy wonder being,this timeless woman and actress:heart: meanwhile i had the chance to see her in "as you like it" with laurence olivier.because of her androgynity she wasthe perfect rosalind...
i hope there aren´t too many reposts
pcs scanned by me

237491.366elisabethbergner_pk.jpg

237494.972elisabethbergner_pk1.jpg

237502.169elisabethbergner_pk2.jpg

237500.260elisabethbergner_pk4.jpg

237506.685elisabethbergner_pk3.jpg

237501.548elisabethbergner_pk5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members