• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Ethical Fashion

I think ethical fashion also means not to steal your ideas from other designers. On that note, Marc is often guilty.

Well steal is part of a process of evolution... if its stealing without adding it's just pure plain stealing but if you do get from one idea to make an evolution its just a natural biological process... to make changes...

"If you can speak what you will never hear, if you can write what you will never read, you have done rare things".
Henry David Thoreau

^ I believe Marc has done both ... I'm sure he has very sophicated post-modernist reasons for it all though :innocent:

exactly right^ :o

at the same time it's nice if you are able to work from yourself rather than looking outside for ideas. it's a challenge and you develop more, more independent

thanks for the interesting quote, ediewho

^ I like the quote too.

I just saw The Time Traveler's Wife yesterday ... when I read the book I kept thinking, Wow, this is completely different from any other novel I've ever read. So the movie is this complete sentimental cliche--what a waste of good material :doh: [Brad Pitt, executive producer :innocent:] There is some good acting ... don't want to throw that under the bus. Rachel McAdams and the daughter are both very good.

well as Salvador Dalí said:" Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. "

Well steal is part of a process of evolution... if its stealing without adding it's just pure plain stealing but if you do get from one idea to make an evolution its just a natural biological process... to make changes...

"If you can speak what you will never hear, if you can write what you will never read, you have done rare things".
Henry David Thoreau

Sorry if I come off as rude, but you do not understand what I am saying. Or perhaps I am not expressing myself the right way. But I will not bother.

Ethical/conscious/humanistic luxury- what do you think? Is it a fad or here to stay? Are there brands to look for, and to avoid? Excited to hear what you think!

I think there's definitely green washing by some labels. Those who are small startups with a clear mission statement, aesthetic (which more often than not is classic, chic and versatile) are the ones I tend to focus on. I think tied in with this though is the huge shift (at least in Australia) to consider thrift stores more and be a conscious consumer. This is the biggest challenge. You can want to be an environmentally and human rights conscious brand but you're still creating new things, if your production process is less harmful than others, that's a plus.

Consumers are now, trying to balance between buying something you truly love, and will use A LOT (#30wears) then it's worth your money. If you happen to find things you love that are pre-loved, then that's not a bad thing either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanillaCrush
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->