Former Celine Alum Ivana Omazic Joins Maison Martin Margiela

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
this is the first real appointment of a senior director since margiela parted ways. i dunno anything about her though or her design aesthete to really compare. otherwise this could potentially go even further into the commercial drum.

(NEW YORK) Maison Martin Margiela may have a new design talent on board: insiders say Ivana Omazic, a Celine alum, has joined chez Margiela in a senior creative role. However, since Margiela's departure from his eponymous label three years ago, the line has been whipped up by an in-house design collective, in lieu of one specific creative director figure. Omazic's stint at Celine, from 2005 to 2008, predated Phoebe Philo's arrival at the label. In addition to helming creative matters at Celine, Omazic's resume includes roles at Prada Sport, Jil Sander, and Miu Miu. However, the addition of the Croatian designer to Margiela's crew has yet to be verified by the label; given their preference for an anonymous posse of designers working very behind-the-scenes, confirmation may not be in the cards. Regardless, it's quite a haute moment for all matters of Margiela, what with the H&M collab launch earlier this week.

*fashionweekdaily.com

Yuck, she was bad enough being under the house of Celine, how is she worthy of such a position?

i was thinking when i heard,why not a designer who understands the core language of the label? somebody that knows margiela's vocabulary but still keep it on an accessible level. london-based polish designer katarzyna szczotarska came into my head immediately. she's no longer designing her label and is a former assistant to margiela so she knows the spirit of the house. jurgi persoons would have been stupendous(although he doesn't seem very much interested in getting back into the business at this juncture).....shelley fox has that ability as well.

again i don't know much of this woman's work,but given her experience and where she's coming from,doesn't bode well for MMM's direction. it's a shame that it seems that they want to rid the house of all its original design intentions to create just another bland commodities label.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muk5
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->