Gucci 'Lido' Summer 2024 by Anthony Seklaoui

I don’t hate it. For such an uninspired assortment of products, it’s appropriately accessible. The underwater product shots aren’t all hitting, but I like the shot with the Jackie and the ball cap, with models present.

Gucci is so unmoored right now, though. Each campaign (Lido, womenswear, loafers, jewelry, Valigeria, etc) almost feels like a separate brand.

Last edited:
It's a good idea, but it's for the wrong brand. Something like this would work for Jacquemus, not Gucci. For a brand of this calibre, there should be glistening supermodels lounging on yacht with a Gucci bag and glass of champagne, not at a pool in someone's backyard. At the end of the day Gucci is still a high end luxury label. They shouldn't be trying so desperately to cater to this demographic. Sell the fantasy of Gucci. Give people something to aspire to be. Nobody wants this kind of Gucci, and that's been proven with sinking sales. It's time for everyone at the brand to step it up, otherwise it's game over.

Aww fun but it's not Gucci. Nor it is aspirational. What I have problem with Gucci is that they are so oblivion to self-aware and market research. They wanted to target younger demographics but they are doing all the wrong things. As much as I hate Virginie's Chanel. They do sell to lots of younger Chanel generation. And it's not really about the campaign but it's in merchandising. Gucci store is as boring as it gets. The products are just not worthy and they think masking it with a cheapss fun campaign would make it work.

After the Daria Werbowy by David Sims offering, I had such unbelievably high hopes for Sabato De Sarno's Gucci campaign imagery. However, I've been left so deflated and majorly underwhelmed by the vast majority of it. Not feeling this summer campaign whatsoever, hate the underwater concept and the random casting.

People need to stop shooting underwater. It is giving ANTM and nobody, almost ever, looks good.
I also do not really understand how this fits in Sabato, supposed direction or universe building for the house.. Unnecessary campaign.

The Floating ed of VI remains the best work underwater, and I'm pretty sure Tyra Banks took the idea from that to make the infamous episode which some of her girls are getting a dangerous cold. The ridiculousness of AMTM was the exposure of dangerous challenges for the sake of audience. Not even Meisel, who did the original story, put his girls in such a situation. He always cares about the models, he really does. And I'm sure this Gucci ad was made in safe conditions. The close-ups seems like a wink to the FW 1997 campaign, but of course the context is way different. I'm not disliking this at all, but lacks of something.

^ Please, at least those A&F images by Bruce Weber were incredible.

This is just plain sh-t. Truly some one of the worst fashion campaigns of the past few years. The concept is mediocre, the photography gives you nothing, the cast is not cohesive, the product assortment is hideous... and I could go on.

It's giving me worse version of Annie's Little Mermaid advertisement for Disney + Nirvana's Nevermind album cover.

1715204968256.png
missgeeky

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velaryon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->