• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Jeanette Thevenin

Vivienne Tam Fall 2008
00370m.jpg

style

i found an interwiev with her :smile:

What's on your mind as you walk in a Marc Jacobs show?

Don't fall. [laughing] It's a little intimidating; I'm not going to lie. My hands were shaking, and my legs were trembling. I just kept looking straight ahead and concentrated on what I needed to do.

Marc is known for star-studded front rows. Were you hoping to see any celebrities?

I think I saw Courtney Love, but that was backstage! I hoped I'd see some more.

So what was up with that two-hour delay?

The clothes weren't ready, really. They made them all the day of the show. He changed his entire collection, he was totally inspired by something.

What was that?

I don't really know, to tell you the truth. We kept hearing "everything's going backward." But I thought it was all just so amazing -- the set, the clothes, the video.

Yes, those giant screens showed models walking silently across the stage, in modest bras and underwear. Did you do that right before the show?

No, that was all done the night before. We had hair, makeup, everything, just like it was going to be for the show. We were up to 3 a.m. shooting that video and doing the walk through.

So there weren't any fittings or anything? When did you find out you were doing this show?

The day before. That's not really all that unusual.

What's the casting like?

You go see a designer, and they ask you to walk for them. You walk to end of the room and back, and they say "thank you" and then you hope to hear from your booker that they liked you.

Did you go to the after party?

No, I went straight home. I was so tired, it was a long day.

Did Marc give you a gift bag after the show?

Yes, he is so sweet. Most of the designers always give you some kind of gift. Marc gave me this really amazing bag, a huge white duffle bag, it's beautiful, and a bottle of his new Daisy perfume.

Did you get paid for the show?

It was in trade -- we got paid in clothes. I can choose five pieces from Marc's fall collection, the one that's in stores now.

Can I ask your age?

Well, in Cleveland I'm 23, but yesterday I was 17 [laughing]. They always want the girls to be younger, you know. But I do look 17.

You really do. What's the best thing about modeling?

Probably all the traveling. I leave for Milan on Monday and from there go to Paris. I don't get back until Nov. 12. I've been to Asia, the Dominican, Greece. It's so fun. And the people you meet, just being in this industry has opened my eyes so much -- I've met people from all over the world, from different cultures and such diverse backgrounds, it's really expanded my world view. It's amazing, and it's something I really treasure.

What's the worst?

All the maintenance. I have to watch my weight, take care of my skin, my hair, go to the gym. There's a lot of maintenance to being a model. And I hate being away from my family so much. I'm a real mama's girl, and I miss my sisters to death. But I can come home to Cleveland in November.

blog.cleveland.com

Last edited by a moderator:
oh !! she looks so nice, thank you for posting those :heart:

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 17: A model walks the runway at the Norma Kamali Spring 2010 Presentation on a sidewalk in SoHo on September 17, 2009 in New York City
2m4vgjm.jpg

Daylife

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
discrepancyofficial
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->