• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

L'Wren Scott Banana Republic Collection

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
“Banana Republic was so part of my youth culture, it was the big store where you’d go when you wanted something chic,” says designer L’Wren Scott. It’s amusing to imagine the statuesque beauty, now sipping coffee in a penthouse suite at the Plaza hotel, shopping as a teenager in Utah (where she grew up), but a lot has changed for both Scott and Banana in the decades since those mall visits. She, of course, has skyrocketed from top Hollywood stylist to major designer with an atelier in Paris. Meanwhile, Banana has shifted from its safari-themed roots—remember when there were army jeeps in the stores and T-shirts displayed on wooden crates—to becoming a global label beloved for its urban, accessible, day-to-night wardrobe. Now, the two forces are coming together with the Banana Republic L’Wren Scott Collection, launching in select stores and online December 5.

“We were looking for something beautiful and feminine and fun for the holidays,” says Banana Republic creative director and executive vice president of design Simon Kneen. As one would expect, the well-edited capsule selection of clothes and accessories includes plenty of what Kneen affectionately calls “L’Wren-isms.” By that he means figure-skimming, hourglass dresses, fitted blazers, skinny pants, and colorful, playful prints. One of the patterns is a replica of a photo Scott took with her iPad of the peonies in her garden. There are also candy-striped silk pajamas for entertaining at home—the ultimate luxury, according to the jet-setting designer who co-created this collection with herself in mind. Though, when it came to creating the embellished faux-fur collars and lip-patterned clutches, you could argue Scott was also thinking of her friends and family. “I kept saying to Simon, ‘Can’t we do gifts?’ ” she says with a laugh. “Which was so my own selfish interest to make my holiday shopping list a little lighter. I’ve already pre-ordered everything I can.” (vogue)

Attachments

• bananascott1.jpg
    bananascott1.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 11
lwrenscott instagram

Last edited by a moderator:
GlamourParis

Attachments

• scott1.jpg
    scott1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 8
glossy.ru

Attachments

• lwren_look_01.jpg
    lwren_look_01.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 3
  • lwren_look_02(4).jpg
    lwren_look_02(4).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 3
  • lwren_look_03(1).jpg
    lwren_look_03(1).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 3
  • lwren_look_04(1).jpg
    lwren_look_04(1).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 3
  • lwren_look_05(2).jpg
    lwren_look_05(2).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 2
  • lwren_look_09(1).jpg
    lwren_look_09(1).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 3
  • lwren_look_08(1).jpg
    lwren_look_08(1).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1
  • lwren_look_07.jpg
    lwren_look_07.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1
  • lwren_look_06.jpg
    lwren_look_06.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 3
  • lwren_look_14.jpg
    lwren_look_14.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 3
more. i like the lace dresses best.

Attachments

• lwren_look_15.jpg
    lwren_look_15.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 3
  • lwren_look_16.jpg
    lwren_look_16.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1
  • lwren_look_17.jpg
    lwren_look_17.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1
The print advertising.

mobilism.org (US Elle December)

i am GAGA over the red long sleeved dress that l'wren wears in the ad. i hope it comes in other color ways as well (fingers crossed)

did anyone get anything? i tried on a number of the pieces in store. a lot of the dresses seem to run two sizes too large. also my store (which usually carries petite) did not get any of the petite sizes in. maybe they are limiting stock as compared to the issa or milly collaboration.

usually a 4P in banana stuff, i am going to pull the trigger on the 2P stuff online and then have it taken in if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
discrepancyofficial
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->