Phoebe Philo - Designer

Yeah, I was really wondering about that, because that bomber Tilda is wearing is very saggy (Philo is the queen of structure) and unflattering, whilst the Philo one is cropped creating a very flattering silhouette. Plus, it's leather which makes a huge difference, as it doesn't look sporty but instead sleek and edgy. I normally don't like bomber jackets, but this is truly one of the best ones I've ever seen. It's perfect for spring:
Untitled-13.jpg

Edit: I just saw that in the PP website, there is a green similar nylon bomber to Tilda's, but it's still not the same one. It's more cropped and flattering, the material looks finer (even if criminally overpriced).

I like Tilda’s look and how she incorporated the PP pieces in her look.

Can I be hypocrite for 1 bit: I don’t mind it being unflattering because I find it stylish. I have different standards between people wearing clothes on the RC or events and people wearing clothes for themselves in their everyday life.

I love the color combination with the long skirt look! Top styling!

LOL
who cares anyway? it's just not flattering. Period
The point is to say that she is not wearing a Phoebe Philo bomber as we are on the Phoebe Philo thread in case people thinks so…

Finally visited the pop up at Bergdorfs. To call the offering underwhelming would be an understatement :(

The best pieces are the bombers, especially the leather one. They are extremely well-made and look terrific in person. The square toe pumps and tassel mules are also very nice. The gig bag is also much, much larger than it looks online.

Everything else won’t stand the test of time. Almost all of the pieces had substantial pilling or pulls on the fabric. The leather on the club loafer is TERRIBLE. The shiny coating cracks, almost like its going to peel off after a few wears. The closure clasp on the small kit cabas bag is absolutely criminal in how it bends the leather. It is definitely not an everyday bag and probably will lose its shape with repeated use. And don’t even get me started on the $31,000 coats…

Finally visited the pop up at Bergdorfs. To call the offering underwhelming would be an understatement :(

The best pieces are the bombers, especially the leather one. They are extremely well-made and look terrific in person. The square toe pumps and tassel mules are also very nice. The gig bag is also much, much larger than it looks online.

Everything else won’t stand the test of time. Almost all of the pieces had substantial pilling or pulls on the fabric. The leather on the club loafer is TERRIBLE. The shiny coating cracks, almost like its going to peel off after a few wears. The closure clasp on the small kit cabas bag is absolutely criminal in how it bends the leather. It is definitely not an everyday bag and probably will lose its shape with repeated use. And don’t even get me started on the $31,000 coats…

So sad to hear this, particularly because of the price tags. To be honest, I have not been blown away by anything but a couple of pieces. She seemed to go more into the 'quiet luxury' direction, which is understandable, since as a new brand she needs to sell. However, I miss a lot the special twists and extra thought she put on everything, regardless of the fact that a lot of the tailoring seems perfectly well executed (admittedly, like no other). This is pretty disappointing to read. Plus, I thought the price tag was justified due to fair trade and sustainability, which is pretty dubious according to this thread.

So sad to hear this, particularly because of the price tags. To be honest, I have not been blown away by anything but a couple of pieces. She seemed to go more into the 'quiet luxury' direction, which is understandable, since as a new brand she needs to sell. However, I miss a lot the special twists and extra thought she put on everything, regardless of the fact that a lot of the tailoring seems perfectly well executed (admittedly, like no other). This is pretty disappointing to read. Plus, I thought the price tag was justified due to fair trade and sustainability, which is pretty dubious according to this thread.
The space itself was small. Bergdorfs doesn’t even carry a 1/3rd of whats on her site. There’s a lot I wanted to see that wasn’t offered. It almost felt like its there just so people have a general idea of sizing.

As far as tailoring, they only had a striped blazer and those trousers with the strap across (both nice except the hardware on the trousers).

I never noticed this mess until I saw it today

20B3AF42-BD1C-4952-8E4C-F995A952CCCE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->