Question about jeans measurements and Seven jeans

QuirkyCool

Reaction score
For those who design or sew...what is the "rise" of a pair of jeans exactly?I am considering buying a pair of Sevens online but I don't want them toooooo low cut..

It says the "rise" of the jeans in my size is 6.5 inches...where is this measurement taken from and could I measure one of my current well fitting pairs of jeans to compare,or doesn't it work that way?

Are Sevens generally very low cut?

The body proportions of the model wearing the jeans at the website have nothing in common with mine:lol: .

Hey QuirkyCool -

The rise is generally from the seam in the crotch to the waist line. 6.5" is very low. I have a pair of Sevens that are 7.5" and they're pretty low.

Sorry, Quirk. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear :( Maybe you can contact the vendor and have them tell you how they define the rise. Maybe they define it differently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much Curious...nope,I had pretty much figured out what you've just said and yup,that's bikini was territory:blush: .

I'll just not buy them then.Thank you very much for your quick response!

Only 6.5"? I imagine that to be very low, but I wouldn't know for sure. I think the median inseam, even for low-rise jeans, is about 8" or maybe 7.5"... :(

that's like "if you stretch your arms upwards everyone is going to get a quick peek at the goods" sort of low!

QuirkyCool you should definitely buy the Sevens.

"Moschino blouse, Seven jeans" is my ideal outfit for girls in the summer time.

I have a related question: how the heck do you figure out your size for low rise jeans? Does 27 mean your real waist measurement or where the jeans waist band hits (such as 4 inches lower)?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->