• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Searching Siberia" Documentary follows IMG scouts in Russia

somebody please upload it to megavideo...i can't watch it on snagfilms because it isn't available in my country...please!

This film was really, really interesting and very enlightening.

It was very sad, but also kind of a slap of reality, to realize that from thousands of girls who were prepped and scouted, made to believe that they might be plucked from obscurity to become the next big thing, only seven were deemed suitable for development. And of those seven, only one ever went on to become successful.

It makes you wonder where all those girls are now. Still working underground? Gone back to Russia?

But the most interesting thing for me was the "discovery" of Tanya. For those that haven't seen the doc., they basically said that ever since she was 11, they had been working/coaching her on what it would be like to model so that they could "Americanize" her mindset so that the culture shock when she started working at 14 or 15 wouldn't be so extreme. It kind of takes away the glamorous Cinderella story aspect of that kind of story and makes you realize that a lot of assimilation tactics must be utilized in order for small town models from developing countries to be ready to work.

Here's another source of that a little bored but overloaded with cuties from Russia (and one from Belarus) documentary. It will be only 5 (from totally 7) days online counting from today. It's second time online but again only for seven days and probably it may gone forever. TVN is Polish commercial tv station so that documentary is only with Polish lector but you can hear some English words too.

http://tvnplayer.pl/programy-online/syberyjskie-pieknosci-odcinki,240/odcinek-0,S00E00,2987.html

If you cannot watch it I have a good news - I captured it so I can try to upload it somewhere on request.

Here's another source of that a little bored but overloaded with cuties from Russia (and one from Belarus) documentary. It will be only 5 (from totally 7) days online counting from today. It's second time online but again only for seven days and probably it may gone forever. TVN is Polish commercial tv station so that documentary is only with Polish lector but you can hear some English words too.

http://tvnplayer.pl/programy-online/syberyjskie-pieknosci-odcinki,240/odcinek-0,S00E00,2987.html

If you cannot watch it I have a good news - I captured it so I can try to upload it somewhere on request.

Thank you for the link although it is not working anymore :(
Could you uplaod it somewhere else please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asparouk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->