Shopping Tales

E

em 692

Tell TFS about your craziest shopping experiences:

Mine happened a long time ago- maybe when I was six or seven (I don't know how I can even remember this), at JCPenny's (yes, really). I was shopping for shorts and I didn't see any I liked. So the salesperson said she would go and find me a pair I would be sure to like. And so she brings me these awful shorts that were down to my knees! I knew the second I put them on that they were boys' shorts. No, the lady did not mistake me for a male thank-you-very-much. Now I see she was just trying to help me find a pair of shorts, but honestly, what kind of salesperson does that to an innocent little girl?? Imagine if I had worn those what me friends would say about me...

Any time I've ever been shopping with my grandmother is the craziest shopping experience I've ever had; I swear, she out does herself every time. Besides being brutally honest, she feels the need to talk to everybody - sales clerks, fellow shoppers - no one is off limits. I'll be at the counter, purchasing whatever I found, and she'll tell the clerk, "I can't believe she's buying that. It's absolutely vulgar" or "that didn't look very good on her." But what can I say? She's my grandma and I love her :wink:

today was one of the best shopping trips ever!

we went around our town looking for cheap stuff. we also went to salvation army and found the most perfect things ever!

--wooden beaded necklace (SO marni-like!)
--kelly green dress with tiny flowers (very marc jacobs!)
--blue tunic dress with white stripes and tiny flowers (SO marc!, looks awesome over jeans and with a belt over)
--brown belt
--blue/black dress with awesome embroidered birds and big flowers, going to turn this into a skirt and add the flowers around it
--2 dresses from a local boutique. both look boho, mine is yellow with white lace and sequins on the neckline, with panels of gauzy yellow and paisley print.
--2 kukui nut bracelets, one brown, one black. the benefit from coming from hawaii-they were only $1 each!

i need to get pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
This one time, I was loose in the mall with one of my better friends, and we had wandered into H&M for the first time. I remember I was having a hard time finding something I liked and I was just wandering around aimlessly. Then I looked at the wall next to me and I was like wow! Thats an amazing shirt, I've got to buy that! I turn to tell my friend and he's looking above it at the giant sign that says... Maternity Wear.

I still think it was a great shirt...

I just remember shopping trips from when I was little, mainly in marks and spencers. In particular when my mam picked up a dress in a blue and white china type print, and she went 'how about this one?' already bitter at being dragged around shopping I exclaimed 'NO! I'll look like a teacup!!!' there was an old lady standing next to me who proceeded to tut very loudly, let go of the teacup dress she was looking at and walk in the other direction. I also used to love collecting the little cubes with the sizes on :ninja:

I cant think of any recent shopping stories :neutral:

I also used to love collecting the little cubes with the sizes on :ninja:

me and my friends when we were little used them as beads and made bracelets outta them :(

I don't really have a shopping tale but I hate when someone follows me around thinking I'm going to steal. Only to have their jaws on the floor, once the American Express Black card is whipped out. Morons. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->