The Miniskirt S/S 07

I thought those pleated miniskirts of a few years ago were quite risqué considering how high up they were. I've always said that you're taking a risk wearing a miniskirt. These minis could elegantly show off your legs like a Chinese Qi Pao or a Cheongsam (both are types of beautiful Chinese dresses) And I'll admit... looks best if done right. Thing is, I've never hated miniskirts. Maybe it's because I'm a guy. Maybe it's because I haven't been so opposing towards ladies wearing them. I especially hated the leggings deal in which it seems REQUIRED you wear leggings to ruin the beauty of such a skirt as well as downgrade your overall image. I'm guessing the high-waisted minis would be popular to ladies for the same reason most ladies opposed low rise pants and jeans. I just think that miniskirts aren't exactly mini with a high waist. A high-waisted skirt (much less a mini doesn't really seem to define the waist and hips very well. It wouldn't be a bad trend if ladies here in Houston picked up and worn some high-waisted minis, but more of a weird trend. Still a mini; just a higher waist.

Other than that, the miniskirts on Page 1 look great.

I finally got to H&M & bought that black stretch mini!! They only had black but thats what I wanted anyways. I love it... since Im short I can also wear it high waisted & its not too short & it was only 7.90 US... SO CHEAP!

So you think high-waisted miniskirts would best favor petite styles, then, Tiffany7? What about taller ladies? What about body styles ranging from "some excess baggage" to even full-figured types?

I have no clue lol. I didnt mean that since Im short Im more suited to wear a high waisted mini. I just meant that because Im short I can pull the shirt up high waisted & the skirt isnt to short on me when I do that. Since I am short if I wear it low on my waist its almost to me knee so not a mini skirt really.

Meeeeeeeeeee too! I love it... its looks just like Ashley's. Thanks so much for telling me about it. :flower:

So you think high-waisted miniskirts would best favor petite styles, then, Tiffany7? What about taller ladies? What about body styles ranging from "some excess baggage" to even full-figured types?

Whilst I believe that it is neither mine nor anybody elses right to dictate what a woman should wear based on body type, it is my personal belief that the high waisted mini (especially the elasticated variety pinktinks, tiffany and myself are referring to) is a trend which is primarily suited to the more slender figure. Like tiffany, I too am a little on the petite side, (5"5, but with a long torso and irritatingly short legs!) but I find that this particular style of skirt adds length to my legs, presumably by shortening my torso, so is particularly flattering. Presumably this effect would be increased on a taller lady.

I can't really comment as to whether this style of skirt would be suited to a fuller figured lady, however, due to the focus of the skirt on the waist and hips, I would imagine that it would be wise to approach this trend with caution if these are particular problem areas for the person wearing it.

I have no clue lol. I didnt mean that since Im short Im more suited to wear a high waisted mini. I just meant that because Im short I can pull the shirt up high waisted & the skirt isnt to short on me when I do that. Since I am short if I wear it low on my waist its almost to me knee so not a mini skirt really.

I agree with you I am very petite also 5'1 so I like to wear mine high waisted too :smile:!!

Presumably this effect would be increased on a taller lady.

Nothing quite like a 16" skirt on a 5'10" brunette. And it CAN be done very tastefully.

I've been trying to look for high waisted mini skirts to no avail, or at least one that suits me. I'm not a giant but still on the taller side at 5'9", but it has been difficult finding one that suits me without looking too... ummm attention-seeking? :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->