The rules of flats

flats are so practical and comfortable but still have the potentional to look powerful and pulled together. i love them and think everyone looks good in them and should wear them.

Guessgirl96 said:
I dont agree with the article that heels dont go with mini skirts or shorts, I think it looks great.

Am I commiting a fashion crime? :ninja:
No! I think pumps look amazing with mini skirts or shorts. It's not trashy unless you're flashing the kids with it too. ^_^

(katemosscollections)

becker_vogue2003nov.jpg

I live in my flats, especially pointed ones. I'm definitely short (5'0), but they're easy to get around in, I love the look and the selection to choose from is awesome.

For medical reasons, I now can only wear flats. For a while I was super bummed and depressed (no more manolos), but have learned to :heart: flats and am able to dress them for all occassions. I highly recommend Marc Jacobs for pointy ones and London Soles for ballet flats. Also, sassanova.com (a store in DC, has a great website) and Hollywould carry tons of awesome flats.

ARRRRRGGHHH!!! I CAN'T WEAR FLATS!!!!!!! I have the biggest feet ( US 10, European 41) and I feel self-conscious. I am kind of tall though ( 5'7.5" US, 170.5 cm)...so maybe I can pull them off...

Miss Moss showing off a pair of heels. WITH socks.

(groups.msn.com/katemossnow)

You shouldn't follow any fashion rules. If you're fashionable and know how to put an outfit together then it'll turn out great. If not.. well.. you may find your bleeped out head in the back-pages of Glamour.

kate20in20luella202001071120at1.jpg

What's with association with flats and cankles? I personally like flats, I think they're practical and I'm 15, so wearing heels is really inappropriate. But say with Emma Watson - she wears flats and many comment on them making her ankles look twice as wide. And I've heard about this happening with other celebs.

Is this just with wide-ankled people or something? I've got rather small ankles, and pretty thin legs too (aside from my thighs)... so should I shouldn't I?

And for the record, I do own a pair of black flats which I love and can pair with almost anything! :flower:

^ If you own a pair of flats and like how you look, you probably shouldn't be worried about wide-ankles. :flower:

Great article! Thanks for posting. I love my flats cause they are so comfy

GabiChic said:
ARRRRRGGHHH!!! I CAN'T WEAR FLATS!!!!!!! I have the biggest feet ( US 10, European 41) and I feel self-conscious. I am kind of tall though ( 5'7.5" US, 170.5 cm)...so maybe I can pull them off...

Don't be so "arghhhh", i'm Eu 39-40, but rather 40 and flats look nice on me. 41 can't be bad either! :flower:

i :heart: :heart: :heart: flats, but at the moment i only have 3 pairs - a pair of classic black ballet flats, pink ballet flats and a pair of pointed toed black flats with beads. and im short at 5'3 but i dont care, saying short people cant wear flats is like saying tall people cant wear heels, which is untrue!:flower:

Bixby said:
Miss Moss showing off a pair of heels. WITH socks.

(groups.msn.com/katemossnow)

You shouldn't follow any fashion rules. If you're fashionable and know how to put an outfit together then it'll turn out great. If not.. well.. you may find your bleeped out head in the back-pages of Glamour.

kate20in20luella202001071120at1.jpg

Am I completly crazy for thinking socks w/heels or flats looks great?

tangiblelove said:
Am I completly crazy for thinking socks w/heels or flats looks great?
Not when you have a super cute dress on! :P

i love flats, but my ankles and legs would definitely look better with heels. :ermm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->