trends / new styles you wish would happen

Forget trends you're sick of...

So, I see there are MANY trends that people are sick of, vintage, ladylike, LV bags and the list goes on. So here's my question to you! What trends would YOU like to see more of. Or just see in general.

we do have two similar threads : 'trends you love' and 'trends/new styles you wish would happen' ... which one do you want to have yours merged into?:flower:

I would love to see a return to "all-american style" (in the U.S. anyways)... I'm mostly thinking about the white t shirt (without "Abercrombie's Bait and Tackle Shop" or similar printed on the front in sparkly lettering)... it used to be such an American classic. The other essential element of classic American style is jeans that aren't shredded and faded beyond recognition. So called distressed jeans look sloppy... And in general, there needs to be a return to formality. Its not okay to walk around looking homeless just because Mary Kate Olsen does. ( she's a billionaire and gets to do and wear whatever she wants). For us regular people, its disrespectful to those around us and, furthermore, shows a lack of self respect.

I definately agree with the non-distressed non-faded jeans and the white t-shirt without the logos.

I feel that super heavily distressed/ripped jeans can either make you look like a rockstar or a hobo. There is a fine line there but it exists. IMO it usually has more do with the fit of the jeans and the person wearing them as opposed to the actual distressing.

As for plain tees they are an understated look of maturity. I used to love A+F college jock tees but at every kegger I went to in college I secretly hoped that noone else wore the same "moose 92 athletics dept." tee that I had, at least not in the same color. :lol: I think that anyone over 21 or at latest 21.5 (6 months to get a new wardrobe) should be banned from wearing them. Unless of course you work for the X-games or are an extra in American Pie 4 which is then I guess acceptable.

A trend I would like to see is better shaped shoes for men. My problem is with the J Crew and BR loafers and dress shoes that are as wide as they are long. I think they are extremely unflattering and if guys had more choices they would opt for something more streamlined. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->