US Vogue Summer 2024 : Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

People forget that with the likes of Kendall the magazine gets a 3 in 1 package as opposed to using a strictly high fashion model. They get a model, celebrity and insta star. Meaning the cover will be talked about and create hype and relevance for Vogue which is what their advertisers and suits want to see. Gen Z may not be buying magazines but they are buying the Balenciaga shoes and tiny Valentino bags and are the army Anna needs to create stars by them supporting that particular person on social media. We are in the era where even a celebrity cover has to really be a popular celebrity to create any hype otherwise the magazine becomes a fossil. Complaining about Reality stars, Nepo babies, Insta celebs, Kpop stars and now even Youtubers and Tiktokers is all in vain because all that matters is how much it trends. It has gotten to the point of Hollywood injecting in the random trending instaceleb to a tv show or movie to get more eyes. I remember in the 90s it was the same thing when people complained about the supermodels over exposure, then in the 2000s people complained that baby dolls and the Prada robot girls didn't have personality as the Brazilians then in the 2010s people complained that the new breed of Binx, Adwoa, Selena Forest, Mona Tougaard etc lacked charisma.
My two favourite groups of models are the doll face ones and the Karlie’s era clan

Another Meisel edit? Edward's departure did Anna a huge favor, though I want him to shoot for a cover just to see if his photograph still looks good with the current US layout (When was the last time he shot a US Vogue cover again? I can't remember.).

Do you know its page count, Gergin?
May 2009! The models group fold-out

The water is real star on that cover...true that inside images work better than the actual cover.

Let's cheer to the next ten years that she will need to prove her skills because the first ten only proved that we are right...lol...

Enough said about Kendall, the better. Were Mert & Marcus always this bad? Because... it's not all Kendall's fault.

I cannot believe myself but I’m gonna have to say it: Lia’s editorial is terrible. her facial expressions are not delivering at all and there’s only a couple of nice pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->