• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Victoria Jackson - Scam or not?

Feline

rock-chic
Reaction score
On Saturday, I got to Doncaster station, found my train was cancelled, so went to have a look round the shops. I was approached by a lady who said she was a Victoria Jackson rep and gave me a demo of the products (which looked pretty good) and said it was to promote the brand as it is well known in the States, but not yet over here. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I bought a set of products for £30.00 that she said should have cost about £200. I decided to look online for reviews as the rep had told me Victoria Jackson is a well-known U.S. make-up artist and they are professional standard products. When I looked, I found lots of bad comments on forums saying the ones sold in shopping centres are a scam, poor quality products trading on the Victoria Jackson name and basically a rip-off. I know I bought on impulse as I was annoyed at having to wait ages for another train, but they do look like decent products.
Has anyone else come across them and are they really a rip-off?

Yep. They pop up in my local W.H.Smith every few months and I avoid them at all costs.

SCAM SCAM SCAM

sorry but I absolutely HATE this "company".

They have been running this scam for a couple of years now, claiming that the products will be launched in department stores "within the next few months" and they will cost upwards of £200. Another line they like to spin is that the products are comparable to Bobbi Brown. ahem, no. The products are the same quality as that of Primark [or worse.]

Im not sure if Consumers Direct would be able to help you, its worth contacting them [go to consumersdirect.gov.uk to find their contact information.] Explain the situation [that you were misled by their sales rep into believing they were worth £200 and also tell them about what you have discovered online, if you fill out the online contact form you can paste links to websites/messageboards] they'll be able to advise you and they'll keep a record of it so as more and more people contact them they can build a case.

If they are operating inside or on property owned by another company, contact their head office as either they are not aware they are selling there [which would obviously be illegal] or they too have been scammed into believing they are a genuine company.

I know it will seem like a lot of hassle especially as you are unlikely to see you £30 again but until people start alerting the authorities more and more people will be conned into parting with their money.

Also please dont use the make up! who knows where it was made or whats in it.

ETA:
I found this, which has some comments from past employees:
beaut.ie/blog/?p=6071
britishbeautyblogger.blogspot.com/2009/05/victoria-jackson-alert.html#comment-8314551958343221770

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, laisla. These companies make me sick. It's called make your money off your own name, not by ripping off someone else's...

Thank you so much, Laisla for your advice which I will follow up. I have also told people I know not to buy from them and pass that on to others. I am not usually at all gullible, but was fed up with train delays, so was more easily diverted and receptive to the sales patter. As the saying goes. 'If something looks too good to be true, it usually is'

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanillaCrush
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->