What do you do in the shower?

sleazie ninja

Reaction score
I am curious what other people's routines are in the shower. Do you have a daily regiment or do your showers have the creativity of a john coltrane solo?
What products do you use, lengths of and time of day, what songs do you sing, do you let your dog(s) watch, ecetera, ecetera...I'm quite fond of Patrick Bateman's routine in American Psycho, always get a kick out of that scene...Pictures not necessary...

I usually shower in the evening for about 12 minutes, medium hot to hot water, concentrated nozzle setting...

I usually shampoo first with Aveda Rosemary Mint, or Philosophy when I run out...I usually rotate in origins Ginger up, but please dont tell anyone about this.

On my arms I usually use a scrub as I have a minor case of Keratosis Pilaris, dont worry, its not communicable nor is it a std to my knowledge..(thanks webmd)... to treat this, I either use Neutrogena exfoliating body scrub, because it has salisilic acid, which is a good. I love acid, but thats neither here nor there. Also, when I feel like spoiling myself, I'll bust out the Origins Paradise FoundBalinese body glow... A couple of pinches of this stuff and you will be immediately transported to a waterfall in tahiti, or Bali as you may...But more tahitian treat feeling in my opinion.
(believe it or not, I am not gay).

For a body soap I use an Olive Oil Lavender Soap bar that I picked up at the Ferry Building...If there's one thing that I love more than chicken wings and pabst blue ribbons on a sunday afternoon, its the smell of lavender on my body...

For a facial scrub I use Aveeno skin brightening daily scrub about twice a week, as it tends to dry my skin a little, on all other days its usually three pumps of aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser...

For my feet I use philosophy amazing grace, but its a little too fragrant, so Im thinking about changing to Philosophy spiced apple cider...

Songs I like to sings range from 70's soul to today's country hits. Last nights song, Al Green's Let's Stay Together -> Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, during which I sang all the parts.
:ninja:

Welcome sleazie ninja, great post!

I think you are definitely towards the Coltrane end of the spectrum, whereas I am a hack bar band. :lol:

I try to take a 15 minute hot shower every night before bed, I find it to be the perfect way to relax into a good night's sleep.

I always thought I was pretty "into" soap for a guy, but you put me to shame. I like handmade and "small batch" soaps and tend to buy them every time I travel, looking for local products.

Recently I have been alternating various Lush soaps (figs & leaves and sea vegetable are my favorites) with African black soap and various sage soaps I have bought here and there in my travels. I use the same soap for my whole body, no special treatment for feet, face etc.

I have been using Lush Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo lately, but I think I am going back to American Crew.

I don't sing in the shower. I have always done my most creative thinking and problem-solving in the shower. Something about the white noise of the water and the feel of it frees up my mind like nothing else. My big problem has always been remembering my revelations after getting out, drying off and getting to where I can write them down. I have been meaning to put some kind of waterproof board and a grease pencil in the shower for most of my life but I haven't gotten around to it yet, mostly because it sounds tedious to have to write stuff down instead of enjoying the shower. :lol:

Being a type of conservationist, I try to keep my showers on the short side. However, winter usually puts a damper on my efforts to save warm water... I light a couple of candles as my only light in the bathroom, and have a steaming shower. Wash my hair, condition, and then exfoliate.

I sing here and there, but not to music... usually it's U2...

And I purposefully leave the fan off so it can get nice and toasty in the bathroom. :blush:

Tangerine - I've never tried the American Crew Shampoo but I do use their hair wax, the one with the green label, a product that I am a big fan of. As far as musician go, I consider myself the ravi shankar of taking showers. Tonight, I might try reading the financial times or wash some butter lettuce while in the shower...

Erin - I hear you on the conservation tip, but when it comes to showering, I'm a big spending, natural resource wasting, gas guzzling, belly scratching, right-wing, neo-fascist...I love long showers, very therapeutic..

What kind of Candles do you prefer? I've always stayed loyal to the Henri Bendel Fig Candle, which they luckily carry at bath & bodyworks....

:ninja:

Ninja, you put me to shame also in the products dept. :P I shower in the morning always ... if I want to relax, I take a bath. I have this aromatherapy bath stuff in Sleep (has lavender I think, forget what else) from Bath & Bodyworks ... I think.

Shampoo ... I like Aubrey Organics, various types, but at the moment it's Biosilk bought at the grocery store after the places where I can buy the organic stuff were closed. (Yes, it was a shampoo emergency!) Hate it, but I'm gonna use the whole bottle. Conditioner, my hairstylist insists on Toni & Guy ... the new one ... what's it called? Super C or something?? The tagline goes something like "a chic, high-end line" which totally cracks me up. Anyway, it smells like strawberries and mint and it's fabulous.

Shower gel ... also buy organic, different every time ... right now it's lavender and aloe from some green company whose name I can't remember and it irritates my sensitive skin.

Face, MAC green stuff.

I have this salt scrub that my dog likes to chew on the container ... she gets more out of it than I do. It's locally made. Oh, it's grapefruit something or other.

Shaving gel, another organic brand, soy for sensitive skin. This is actually good ...

I do not sing in the shower (which takes about 15 min), but like tangerine I do think. Showering, driving, and falling asleep are when I have my best ideas. When I'm driving I use my cellphone to leave myself VM about my brilliant ideas :wink:

Candles ... I actually love the ones that smell like food, the cake and cookie ones. Currently burning a soy candle in Tahitian Gardenia I think it is. (Bought one for my sister for Christmas and treated myself while I was at it :wink: ) Only when I take a bath, not a shower.

As far as conservation, I don't shower any longer than I need to, but I also don't worry too much because my electricity is 100% wind. I def use the fan because it's my house and any damage caused by the moisture is mine to deal with. I did buy a fan on the small side because I didn't think I could stand the noise of the next size up.

Not very exciting I'm afraid :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome sleazie :flower:

I shower at night right before bed unless I'm going out during the day. The first thing I do is wash my hair with Mantra Renew shampoo. I wash myself while it's in my hair, I dont use a specific body wash, but whatever drugstore brand. After both are rinsed off I use Mantra Replenish conditioner, I typically use a ton of conditioner, it makes a big difference for me. While the conditioner is still in my hair (I like to have it sit a few minutes), I shave and brush my teeth. I use mens Gillete March3 razors without any shaving creme. I dont use the handle, I just use the heads, I dunno why, it's just more comfertable for me. I use a Phillips sonicare toothbrush with Rembrant intense stain toothpaste, but I dont actually have intesnce stains, I just like how white it gets my teeth.

I dont sing in the shower, I dont even know what I think about :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->