• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Haute Couture Clients

This thread has launched my own personal style journey into orbit. Some of these people just look so f*cking bad

Totally! Some pieces look like they have been made by a local modist, trying to copy haute couture pics from "Hello" magazine...unbelievable bad!!

It costs a lot to look that cheap...

Honestly, if designers use 5ft11, size 0 mannequins as a baseline for all collections, it's no wonder your average woman is going to struggle. A floor-length coat is going to look different on a model than on a 5ft4 woman no matter if it's made to measure.

Also, I wished there were more eccentric collectors out there like Daphne Guinness, all these choices shown here are very safe. I get that you can't wear an IvH to your local grocery store, but if you got the money, why not go all out on a red carpet once in a while?

59.- Asia - China - Anna Wang

SDaz6uD.jpg

zJ1dRcG.jpg

UFGf96E.jpg

XTeMnQH.jpg

jQ7Ko9Y.jpg

942d09h.jpg

ZaOiUBe.jpg

yRk2cKc.jpg

LWKUsBk.jpg

Most of the Chanel clients seem to fall under the fashion victim category, sure they can afford it but it makes them all look so boxy. Yes it’s custom made but the designs are still unflattering, one would think the house would advice them to lower a waist, wear the belt a big lower or to not have a hemline at such an odd part of the legs. But whatever the customer wants the customer gets and Chanel will deliver exactly that even if the customer has questionable taste. It’s even highlighted more since Chanel provides questionable designs to begin with.

The Russian lady with that glorious white jacket nailed it. Then again she has the height for it.

Also kudos to that Russian Barbie girl who took that 3 piece Chanel number and told them to f*ck off and give her a mini dress in that fabric. Sometimes it’s better to keep it simple.

I love the choices Monica Marthen from Indonesia made, some stunning Dior pieces.

What I want to see are some real life Armani women, I feel like the house provides flattering clothing anyways and they make the proportions just right with custom pieces. Plus I want to see those glorious jackets in “everyday” environments.

Would love to see those Margiela Artisanal clients irl
From what I’ve heard there aren’t really any… It’s been a while but in 2019 I think it was, I was told there was 1 order that whole year and it was someone in London.

Ivy Getty did get her wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses there last year but that’s the most recent I’ve seen

I despise it when the original designs are adapted and changed completely for the client. Apart from the wedding dresses, the rest of the modified designs look absolutely ghastly and terrifyingly cheap.

If you have to make that many adjustments to the original design, then why even bother at all? You're ruining the vision of the designer and making a Frankenstein design in the process.

This is very sobering, I've got to admit. Why bother designing your a** off, when your clients prefer the same old matronly cuts? And the adjustments...
64.- Europe - Ukraine - Maryna Filatova
XfLGwhf.jpg

kiyKxnY.jpg

Woah, there! The original was a bit too exciting, glad they changed it.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I don’t mind slight modifications that will make the client happy. The runway versions don’t always look good on the average woman (and the modified versions don’t look too much better), but at least they might feel more comfortable and have a one-of-a-kind of a one-of-a-kind by personalizing it even further.

But yes, most don’t look good and look very cheap.

I don't understand the point of critiquing non-celebrities who happens to be wearing haute couture. It's not their duty to make the clothes look expensive or covetable. Models however are paid and groomed to do just that so that these people would want to buy and wear it. Every company tries to sell the dream regardless of the real-life outcome/product. Not just in fashion.

They can wear it how they want and they can modify the design as much as they want. If they didn't want to redesign it according to their taste then they could have shopped for rtw. Would have avoided the long wait and the hassle of all the fittings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maneaterwife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->