• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

88th Annual Academy Awards 2016

You've got to be kidding me !!! That freaking disaster of a song will now be next to Adele's Skyfall. Besides Sam sounded absolutely awful during his performance tonight.

Amazing speech though, gay bias all around but yeah that felt good.

George Miller was robbed! What are the chances that MM will win Best Picture? :/

i can't believe they keep playing that awful wagner over top of speeches - esp when people want to make an IMPORTANT point.

stupid dumbasses.

people work for sometimes years on these films. you can't let them have 4-5 minutes?

why not cut out some of the other CRAP...

/rant.:angry:

Miller was totally robbed !! I really hope The Revenant doesn't win Best Picture.

They've ruined so many speeches with the music and rushing out people from the stage. I don't know who produced the show but everything feels so silly. Did you guys notice how they had short people to introduce short films, foreign actors to introduce foreign films, animated characters for animated pictures etc. Beyond stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ :rofl: no way! short people for short films, that's crazy..

I didn't know Brie was dating Alex Greenwald.. he hasn't aged well but he was oh so dreamy circa 2004, I had a crush.. :lol:

I think it was Costume winner who said something like "I want to say something serious" and in that precise moment they started with the music! I agree, so many stupid bits... like the Girl Scouts one, trying to imitate -and failing miserably- Ellen's pizza sketch...

So Leo won, I kinda wanted him to lose just to have him as the butt of jokes and memes :P

Aaand Leo just drop the mic :D

well leo's won! :muscles:

but more importantly - he used the platform to talk about climate change.
GO LEO... that's more important than the gold statue.

I wasnt rooting for Spotlight but anything other than The Revenant it's ok...

First of all Brie Larson really seems like a fantastic girl. So glad she wond seemed genuinely happy. She apparently hugged every single of the survivors from Gaga's performance when they left the stage. Her dress is really bad it's such a shame.

The streak is finally over !! Leo has finally defeated the devil, I'm sure the internet feels like the end of an era. He makes me cringe sometimes and had way more deserving performances but I'm happy he finally got it especially since he delivered such a beautiful speech. Also did you guys catch the way he left the stage like a boss ? :lol: :lol:

Predicted Spotlight would win ! I really really loved this film and as a journalism student it makes me so happy. But a part of me wanted Mad Max to win just because science fiction really deserves more than tech Oscars.

yeah leo marched off the stage like a boss
he should've said OUT
and dropped the mic as kokobombon suggested. :lol:

Tom & Charlotte :wub:

Also Kate Winslet? I know you said you'd never let go............But yeah, it's time :rolleyes:

Congratulations to Brie and I am very happy for Spotlight as well. Also I'm very sad that the Leo memes will be going away...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseaboys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->