Alexander McQueen F/W 2024.25 Paris

Oh wow, that’s really bad. No redeeming looks at all.
There’s no story, no context, no nothing. The clothing looks really badly tailored, especially those coats in the beginning are too ambitious. The steel dresses at the end make his models look fat. Shapes have no discipline, darkeness seems cartoonish.

Didn’t anyone intervene at kering?

All your hate makes me sick.

To find something good in all this: i really loved the venue with the white parachutes blowing in wind & the powerful opening look. I think it started really good.... but...yeah...

As you proceed to make a, let's be real, backhanded compliment? You might as well just left that whole sentence out because calling the venue one of the only good things comes across as a "great gowns, beautiful gowns" statement. It's an internet forum and the negative statements here on TFS are much more mild than other forums.

No one is wishing ill on him or speaking poorly about him as a person. His job is to make desirable clothes for a luxury brand that sells overpriced clothes to rich people, and part of his job to be subjected to people's opinions. Doe he need a gold star sticker for effort? He's not some indie brand just trying to make it.

In fact, I and many others were actually hoping for him to be good, because we had nothing to base our expectations on. That's part of why we are disappointed. Here's a compliment though: he definitely has some kind of design language because now when I go through JW Anderson collections from when he took on womenswear, I can really identify his work.

just read sarah mower's review and i have never been more certain that this dinosaur needs to retire asap. girly can't mention a single critique for fear of getting ousted from condé nast
That and also ANYONE British gets a rave review 😂😂😂😂😂

Apparently Kering started a new competition among their brands: who will get the top prize for most ruined brand?
We started with Balenciaga, then Ancora Gucci came along but looks like McQueen will be a serious contender too.

The more backstage videos I see of designers talking to journalists, the more I think they should be absolutely banned from doing so. If a collection wasn't already that great, hearing them talk about it makes things much, much worse.

The last couple of looks shown here were absolute horror, they have no place on a runway in any collection/designer/city/aesthetic but to put them under the name of McQueen is just...rude.
Balenciaga store was packed yesterday in Paris. Same in NY and LA. They are doind great.
Ancora and this McQueen stuff is cringe

Burton is going to Burlington socks and coat factory. And Peter Dundus Chloe Menswear

By the way, who styled this monstrocity of a show?!?!??

G H A S T L Y
show.
No thanks
next?

I haven’t posted in literal years but I had to jump in and say that I’m simply speechless at the level of disrespect for Lee’s legacy on display here. What sort of clown clothes am i looking at. This wouldn’t even fit in a post demna Balenciaga. I can’t believe they actually allowed this nonsense on a McQueen runway.

Balenciaga store was packed yesterday in Paris. Same in NY and LA. They are doind great.
Ancora and this McQueen stuff is cringe
I was just thinking Balenciaga might be back. I see there purses EVERYWHERE in nyc and as much as people hate demna, a lot of people mimic his style

Monsieur Pinault, it’s not too late to call Dilara 📞…
Just saying.

She would have done a better job. She got interviewed for the position but they chose the wrong candidate in the end.

I was just thinking Balenciaga might be back. I see there purses EVERYWHERE in nyc and as much as people hate demna, a lot of people mimic his style
Agreed… their bags are flying off the shelves… as well as the clothes. Not sure who really hates demna?!? Only some tea party idiots in texas

You bring Frankie Rayder back and put her in a trash bag? Bin the whole collection while you're at it. Although the show does work from a comedy perspective. The dragging bag, majority of the cosplaying cast, and closing looks were like a Saturday Night Live parody sketch. Can see Lee laughing from beyond at the awful perversity of this whole thing. He did have a wicked sense of humor. Hope Sean has thick skin, he's gonna need it.

This appointment is a severe miscalculation. From the bad choice of fabrics, unflattering silhouettes and tailoring with horrid proportions, Kering is plummeting itself with these insipid debaucheries.

Sarah might be dull and monotonous but at least she gave us well-made clothes. Sadly, this debut is apocryphal and embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->