Beautiful Women

Monica Bellucci for sure. she outshines everybody imo. her beauty is breathtaking.
206h0ep.jpg
foros.vogue.es
monica_bellucci.jpg
monicabellucci124.vox.com
MonicaBellucci.jpg
greatitalians.com

for me: Monica Bellucci
Gemma Ward
Julianne Moore
Roxane Mesquida
Heather Marks
Ymre Stiekema

Probably, other perfect face for me it's Laetitia Casta's:
laetitia_casta_balenciaga_vogueruss1.jpg

livincool.com

LaetitiaGold2-105243_XL.jpg

aufeminin.com via Laetitia's thread, post #666

Carey Mulligan is absolutely Beautiful! Her face is so different and classic:

carey-mulligan-vogue-us-october-2010.jpg

nextnewfashion.net

Also Julia Nobis. I love her face!

picture-304.png

frockwriter.blogspot.com

julianobis_fashionspot.jpg

frockshopstyle.com

I have to add Nora Arnezeder. Her face is perfection:

Nora_Arnezeder_OrSeriE-96d02.jpg

image_reference.jpg

169580-nora-arnezeder-a-la-remise-des-637x0-3.jpg

foros.vogue.es

Re: Harumi ... I still stick to my guns. I do truly think Lily's type of beauty is rather generic (operative word being 'I', since I also subscribe to the belief that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder). While there's no doubt that she's beyond gorgeous and is streets ahead of the average woman I'd clap my eyes on in the tube, I don't think there's anything unconventional about her at all. So maybe her eyes are spaced apart, but she's not got an unconventional mouth a la Lindsey or Daphne G or an unconventional nose a la Lindsey(again) or even wholly unconventional to behold a la Lara or Angelina. She's an extraordinarily pretty girl, and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. It's the same with Toni, though I think Toni is even more prettier than Lily. Even the one odd flaw perceptible in Lily face is absent in Toni's. Toni represents an uncontestable perfection, her alluring angularity and lapidary features instantly evoking an aesthetic which is at once Teutonic and exquisitely aristocratic, if not quite necessarily unheard-of or unimaginable.

Which brings me back to what I earlier said: generality. I wasn't associating generality with the average woman or with the ilk of Emma Watson (who, though pleasing to look at, can never, IMHO, be even called very pretty), but rather with the ranks of the exceedingly pretty. When I said Lily and Toni are generic, I meant they embody a generic paradigm of beauty, the ambit of which isn't ever quite transcended.

Which is not to suggest that I'm only endorsing the non-conformist aesthetic either. While I think Angelina is incredibly beautiful, I don't necessarily always espouse her 'brand' of beauty. Not every unconventional looking woman is beautiful. I wouldn't ever think Lindsey Wixson is pretty, let alone beautiful, though she does have strange features. If I'd never seen Angelina before, and were someone to describe her features - high forehead, brown hair, green eyes which aren't almond shaped or big or round, small nose, harsh facial planes and grossly caricaturish puffy lips - to me, I swear I wouldn't envisage a beautiful face the way I'd envisage Toni's face were someone to describe her to me. Only these features when juxtaposed come together to represent one of the most improbable beauties of all times. The lineaments of her face when grouped together transcend their individual inadequacies, which is what, I guess, makes her so incredible and intriguing to look at.

Were I to consider a far less unconventional face - like say that of Eva Green, who, incidentally, I do find very beautiful - it isn't so much the fact that the individual components of her face are staggeringly beautiful, than that together (along with her black hair, pale skin and dusky blue eyes) they impart an almost mesmeric singularity to her. Or Cate Blanchett for that matter. In isolation, her features would perhaps seem a little too heavy to be entitled to stake a significant claim to femininity, but when I look at her, I don't quite feel the same way at all. Her face is not superfically - and I'm not talking about inner beauty or any of that crap here, for I think a woman can be a cold-hearted, conniving b*tch and still look drop-dead beautiful - or perfectly beautiful, but there's a depth and a certain, as it were, meaning, to it. I find it far more fascinating than plain perfection.

I don't know if I'm expressing myself well here or even getting across what I mean. :blush: I'm not dissing perfect faces here. They certainly aren't easy to come by, only I don't think they evoke any element of novelty or mystique in me. I'd acknowledge the perfection, rather than be compelled by it. Then again, there's always going to be the exception that proves the rule... :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's safe to say everyone has different views when it comes to beauty. Not everyone will agree. I hate to be cliche, but "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I'm one of those who don't think Lily Donaldson is particularly beautiful (she's got a bit of an under bite). She's not unattractive, but she's also not "The most beautiful woman in the world." I feel the same way about Blake Lively. I think her body is amazing, but her face is quite bland. However, I'm pretty sure there are many who would disagree.

I do however think women like Emma Watson, Natalie Portman, and Carey Mulligan are absolutely gorgeous, but in a more classic way. While women like Angelina Jolie and Marion Cotillard and Monica Bellucci have that exotic, breathtaking beauty. And then there are women like Cate Blanchett or Keira Knightley or Tilda Swinton or Emma Thompson who have that unique beauty that can sometimes be mistaken as ugly upon first glance.

There are different types of beauty and different interpretations of beauty. Everyone disagrees, which I think is the point of this thread. :wink:

So if we merge this thread with the perfect face one (I do agree with Harumi that they basically serve the same purpose).. how should we rename it? suggestions allowed!. :P:flower:

Or "Most Beautiful People" since the Perfect Face thread includes men too.
LOL. I'm not very creative.

^In terms of perfect faces Lily's is really not it at least IMO (and I'm a fan). What I define as a perfect face is one thats as close to symmetrical as possible and all the facial features just are perfectly proportioned , classically beautiful etc. Only two modern day models, in my opinion can fulfill this criteria : Doutzen Kroes and Valentina Z.

Done, guys, thanks for the input. The thread now starts with the 'perfect face?' intro as that was the oldest one. :flower:

pavonin, your comments, particularly about Angelina Jolie, whom I find stunningly beautiful, were quite interesting. It's so true that some people sound so pretty on paper but in reality are not, and some people sound average if you describe them, but are breathtakingly beautiful in actuality.

I like that the two threads were merged, and the new title is perfect. There are SO many beautiful women in this world, and while some of us may find just one by far more beautiful than any other woman out there, some of us just really enjoy beauty and all its many forms.

I do disagree about a true beauty having to be beautiful at all ages. Some beautiful women were not the best-looking children, and some may be beautiful all their younger years but age very poorly. I personally would not consider someone who has been pretty her entire life as a greater beauty over someone who may not have looked hot every year but at a certain point was staggeringly beautiful.

Sorry to all those I bored with the long post, but I find these discussions fascinating since I love beauty and find it interesting we all have such different ideas of what it is. There are some people I find stunningly beautiful whom most others don't and vice versa.

^I adore her beauty.

ethereal Sridevi:heart:

25890_100571996652541_100000992222685_2566_8040654_n.jpg
29211_413008265024_552280024_4722823_4251381_n.jpg

26451_102742469768827_100000992222685_19639_6557997_n.jpg
59796_446563170024_552280024_5576945_2426569_n.jpg

from her page on facebook

Miranda is cute, no doubt, but she just sparkles here. :wub:

16i9zl3.jpg

credited as Miranda Kerr fan forum by kito09