• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Best Editorial Models

I'm amazed that noone else has said Kate as I'm not such a fan of the obvious shape throwing, big posey , obvious posing models like coco, and Karlie, trentini etc , I think it's harder to be more subtle and natural but still emotive and expressive, Kate is the queen of this ! I think in posing like music, there needs to be quiet as well as loud!

Kate? I like her print work when during 90's & early 00's but now? Not really.

As for the supermodels, Linda Evangelista!!(duh!)

Also, Karen Elson & Kristen Mcmenamy!

Sasha Pivovarova, Coco Rocha, Caroline T, Hannah Holman, Giedre Dukauskaite, Sophie Vlaming..

Lara Stone
Kristen McMenamy
Raquel Zimmermann
Freja Beha
Mariacarla Boscono

Mariacarla Boscono
Sasha Pivovarova
Freja Beha Erichsen
Kate Moss
Julia Stegner
Raquel Zimmermann
Natasha Poly

-Malgosia Bela
-Sasha Pivovarova
-Karen Elson
-Iselin Steiro
-Viktoriya Sasonkina
-Lara Stone
-Raquel Zimmermann
-Masha Novoselova
-Valerija Kelava

:heart:

i disagree about anja - if she closed her mouth in pictures a little more i would change my mind! aside from the ones mentioned above, i'd like to reiterate how impressed i am with arizona muse every time i see her editorials.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Muse has gone downhill for me. I like her printwork when she was just starting.

Also add, Meghan Collison. :wub:

well muse beats the new crop of blank-eyed, open-mouthed models any day :smile:

i hate when models try too hard when it comes to posing eg. dalphne, karlie and a few more.

it surprises me that pretty much no one has mentioned giselle. i consider her as a average model when it comes to eds, she doesnt shine in this area. she should be greatful that she has a great body.

Sasha, Iselin, Stam, Lily C, Snejana, Daria W.. For me Sasha is hands-down the best editorial model from her generation. She has true versatility and expression.
Also I really like Audrey Marnay, Devon Aoki, Guinevere, Malgosia, and Mariacarla

From the newer girls I like Kirsi, Hannah H, Ranya Mordanova and although I don't like Lindsey's look that much I think she is one of the stronger girls in print from the girls her age in the industry

^^
Yes, Giselle Bundchen is not that great. That's why I sometimes wonder why is she a Supermodel. Also, Naomi Campbell is the weakest editorial model in the Trinity, imo.

well an average person wont be able to tell who's good at posing for eds and whos not. they can only tell who looks beautiful commercially. and giselle looks incredible to the general public due to that body of hers more so than her face.

i consider giselle as a very hot and sexy looking model but not a talent one. when u take talent into account giselle or naomi are not on the same league as daria, raquel, karen, stella,kate and linda.

Weird/Quirky-looking Models always leave me in awe after seeing their printwork.

Lily Cole
Valerija Kelava
Lindsey Wixson
Meghan Collison
Guinevere van Seenus

Can you ever get editorial models only who don't do runways. Emily Didanto I thought she was an editorial model before she took on runways, I wonder if Bambi Northwood Blyth is not stepping foot onto the runways any more since this year she's had editorial work but no runways.

Any models who are just about the runways? Top models who have never been on the runways.

^Ashley Smith rarely does runways.

I just looked at her profile on Style.com and NY magazine, thank you. I thought she did many runways but it looks like she has only done less than 10 or 10.

Any one else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcddf
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->