Caring for Damaged Hair (Colored, Bleached, Frizzy, Heat Styled)

Originally posted by Golden_butterfly@Nov 9 2004, 04:31 PM
SpookyGirl where can I buy it ? :flower:
[snapback]424651[/snapback]​

It's an in-salon service, so you'll have to go to a hair salon to do it... :smile:

Try to find a leave-in product with silicone in it; this will protect your hair from the heat of the hair dryer and hopefully give you nice shiny locks as well! :flower:

i think there is this process called ion rebonding where they straighten out your hair stick straight. your hair remains straight until hair grows. mine remains that way for about 5 to 6 months.

Caring for Frizzy Hair

Okay, I have really poufy, frizzy, curly hair. I want to get something done to it to make it look shinier, healthier, and less poufy. I've heard that the Japanese relaxing treatment and just regular relaxing are very damaging. My hair is already damaged from when I used to blow dry it. What do you guys think I should do?

don't straighten it! curly hair always has the potential to be beautiful, but people always assume that straightening will fix their problems. why have an not as pretty version of straight hair when you could have natural beautiful curly hair? find a stylist who is good with curly hair- ask around. all you need is a good cut (and curly hair doesn't nescarily look bad shorter despite what many people seem to think) and maybe some type of mousse for curly hair or something to make it more like "riglets".

Oh def lay off the blow drying! Embrace your curls! As savage said, look into a good cut with some long layers. Only shampoo your scalp, not all of your hair and cut shampooing to every other day. Comb your hair while in the shower--preferbaly when you have conditioner in your hair. Add some styling lotion or mousse and air dry!

Hope I gave you some help! :flower:

Curly Hair is in all the fashion magazines lately! I have Struggled with my curly hair for a long time and I finally decided to just let it go. The following tricks work well on my hair which is naturally curly, fine, frizzy and puffy. If your hair is more coarse then these tricks may not work as well.
1. The best deep conditioner I have used is Crede ER treatment (expensive but worth it...very concentrated so it doesnt take much)
2. Keep your hands out of your hair...it makes it frizzier
3. Dont shampoo a lot...sometimes just wet your hair instead of shampooing...but still use conditioner.
4. Infusium 23 is a nice cheap leave in conditioner
5. Avoid combing or brushing it...except to comb thru conditioner...then rinse, apply styling product and leave alone
There is a great book about curly hair by Oiudad with a lot more tips.
Hope this helps...if I think of anything else I will post again.

super damaged nd super frizzy hair...help!

I have straight bouncy hair w/c is super dry, damaged nd frizzy.. I really cant take it anymore..this is most probably a result of having sooo many chemical treatments in the past..ie color,perm.etc... What should I do with this? Im thinking of going for loreal xtenso but Im not sure of what it will look like after.. I still want my hair to be bouncy and still have body but I want it to be shiny and frizz-less... plllssss... help me.. Can u recommend any treatment that can give me the hair that I want? I really need to fix my hair badly...

Egg whites whisked til foamy and applied to hair every night? It's supposed to make your hair stronger but I've only tried it once and my hair looked much thicker and shinier. Other than that, you can try olive oil in your hair on alternate days or as a last resort, maybe you can cut your hair short and grow it out again? Sorry, not an expert.

Oh, when I read this I thought "how many times have I done this to my hair" a million. I have always been obsessed with colour and when I was younger did some dreadful things to my hair. The first rule is:

1. DONT PANIC - when we panic we do things we regret later - think out a plan of action.

While a trim is probably a good idea I dont know about cutting it off, Ive done this and it just made me feel worse because then I had short damaged hair.

Hair treatments: Anything good I always found delva the best for chemical damage if not Joyco. Leave it in the hair for a good 2 hours and use a hot towel over it.

Try to wash your hair as little as possible so you do not put extra strain on it.
Use only good products that dont have a lot of detergent in them and no dandruff shampoo (to harsh).

Dont do styles that encourage breakage while you are treating it - e.g. tight ponytails, heaps of gel etc.

Dont colour ir with permanents. Water rinses seem to add shine, volume and condition, stay away from anything with amonia.

Dont use hair-dryers, straightners etc while treating if possible this will only encourage breakage.

Rinse with tea (if brunette or red) gives shine and alkaline.

Mostly perservere, hair is dead but you can get it back to some reasonable condition with lots of TLC and good products. Use a shine spray to help it look good.

Personally, I found during these times I was best to just wear it in a low ponytail and forget it until it looked better.

Becareful with heavy products like henna oil etc, because they take a lot of washing to remove them and so you put more strain on the hair.

Good luck - it will recover - Monique :blush:

tnx soo mch 4 the info... though I was thinking more of treatments such x-tenso nd the like... do u have any experience on those?

Glamourette11 said:
Oh, when I read this I thought "how many times have I done this to my hair" a million. I have always been obsessed with colour and when I was younger did some dreadful things to my hair. The first rule is:

1. DONT PANIC - when we panic we do things we regret later - think out a plan of action.

While a trim is probably a good idea I dont know about cutting it off, Ive done this and it just made me feel worse because then I had short damaged hair.

Hair treatments: Anything good I always found delva the best for chemical damage if not Joyco. Leave it in the hair for a good 2 hours and use a hot towel over it.

Try to wash your hair as little as possible so you do not put extra strain on it.
Use only good products that dont have a lot of detergent in them and no dandruff shampoo (to harsh).

Dont do styles that encourage breakage while you are treating it - e.g. tight ponytails, heaps of gel etc.

Dont colour ir with permanents. Water rinses seem to add shine, volume and condition, stay away from anything with amonia.

Dont use hair-dryers, straightners etc while treating if possible this will only encourage breakage.

Rinse with tea (if brunette or red) gives shine and alkaline.

Mostly perservere, hair is dead but you can get it back to some reasonable condition with lots of TLC and good products. Use a shine spray to help it look good.

Personally, I found during these times I was best to just wear it in a low ponytail and forget it until it looked better.

Becareful with heavy products like henna oil etc, because they take a lot of washing to remove them and so you put more strain on the hair.

Good luck - it will recover - Monique :blush:

Soory dont have any info on these treatments but I'd like to know about them myself, so hopefully someone will come along and tell us :wink:

I used to have,if not frizzy, but close to frizzy and very dry hair.
I don't know what happend, wether I " outgrew " my dry hair ( at age 21 ? )
or if Sunsilk ( the orange one ) really saved me.

Wow thanx for the thread
i have learnt to NEVER brush my thick curly hair unless i got conditioner on it and am in the shower to rinse it afterwards!
using an anti friz helps alloooot...try it:smile:

hope i helped

I have thick and naturally frizzy hair, and I find using good shampoo + antifrizz serum really helps.

shampoo: kerastese bain douche or oleo reflex shampoo, or as a cheaper alternative, John Frieda anti-frizz shampoo (I find the one with purple color bottle better than their original formula)
conditioner/ mask: kerastese hair mask (maquinease? not sure about the spelling, but it's fantastic), John Frieda is also fine for me.
serum: Kerastese oleo reflex serum, or L'Oreal anti frizz serum (I find them very similar).

Beauty secret from Orlando Pita, hairstylist.
Source: Br. Vogue January 06
"To smooth a frizzy hairline, I spray an old toothbrush with strong-hold hairspray and run it over the hair."

I've had great luck with Phyto's Phytodefrisant, Phytojoba shampoo, and Phytokarite conditioner. My hair is just curly enough to be annoying so I'm constantly battling frizz :doh:

i've got fizzy hair and this is what i do....

cut: i keep my hair long -if it's too short my hair is curly but when longer it goes wavy and i'm happy with that

regular trims :my hair looks a whole lot worse when it needs a trim - frazzled ends are yucky!!!!
so i make sure i don't leave it too long - a trim every 2 months

conditioner: i use terax origninal crema - i comb it through my hair and leave for a while

deep conditioning: nothing beats kerastese

my little trick: sometimes i brush my hair and then apply a smoothing cream or serum and then with a scrunchie, tie my hair in a loose bun and leave overnight....it makes it less frizzy the next day

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brky1907
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->