• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cat Power new face of Chanel Jewelry

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Fashion Scoops:
MEOW MIX: Rock singer Cat Power has been tapped as the new face of Chanel's jewelry collections. "This, this and this, is Chanel," she said, pointing to her chunky gold necklace, ring and matching bracelet at a raucous party Friday night at the VIP Room for Karl Lagerfeld's new mix CD. The songstress related how Lagerfeld "discovered" her in front of New York's Mercer hotel. "I was outside waiting, sitting on a pile of Louis Vuitton luggage, drinking water, with an apple and a cigarette in my hand, my cell phone, oh, and two guitars, and out comes Karl," she said. "He walks up, looks at me and says, ‘Only a woman can look glamorous when smoking.' And I lowered my glasses and pointed to [the shadows under my] eyes and said, ‘With these?'" Clearly, Lagerfeld appreciated her sense of candor.

wwd.com

She's a singer. and released 4 or 5 albums. I would say rock -country (something you've ever heard in Dawson Creek lol). I really like her. She is with Matador

I know nothing of her, but looks wise I don't think she's Chanel. Plus I think we do not need anymore celeb campaigns.

shes amazing.

and i think she will look great in the ads.

but im sure im biased since i like her

cat power is awesome. i'm biased, too cause i like her.
pic from epitonic.com

Attachments

• catpower_250.jpg
    catpower_250.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 426
:rofl: exactly mullet. honestly :rolleyes: She has a cool look but I'm so over her little 'oh i was sitting amongst my luggage being naturally hip' sort of story.

Who? I had never heard of her...and I don't think she looks quite Chanel-y :huh:

Is she on Karl's cd? :innocent:

MulletProof said:
omg, karl is so hip!.
:lol:

it could work, i guess

catpower_full.jpg

richardavedon.com, an editorial for the New Yorker (i think?)

Last edited by a moderator:
aaaah, i love her and her music and i think she's gorgeous. i only hope they don't go all glam/airbrush crazy and try to make her look like a model.

TheGlassAngel said:
She does covers :smile:
Well, I'd say most of her songs are original material, if that's what you mean. But I do respect the comparative popularity of The Covers Record (and her decision to cover a track from Smog, who I'd call one of her musical contemporaries).

I think she's wonderful, but somehow I feel this pairing is destined for the weird news archives... :lol:

Lets wait and see..personally im exited ..its a new twist for chanel

i love her music..but she sounds so conceited in that article

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pleaseaskalice
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->