Charlize Theron is back on the market...

I kept waiting to ear that this was another of those split rumors that seem to pop up at least once a year for them... :(

Wed, 13 July 2011 at 12:50 pm Ryan Reynolds: Dating Charlize Theron?

Ryan Reynolds and Charlize Theron are reportedly dating!
ryan-reynolds-charlize-theron-dating.jpg

The 34-year-old Green Lantern star and Oscar winning actress, 35, have been dating “for months,” a source told Us Weekly, adding, “They’re exclusive, and it’s very hush-hush.”

Ryan split from his wife, Scarlett Johansson, last December, while Charlize split from her longtime beau, Stuart Townsend, in January of 2010.

The insider told the mag not to expect to see Ryan and Charlize on the red carpet together, saying simply, “That’s not her style.”

DO YOU THINK Ryan Reynolds and Charlize Theron make a cute couple?

UPDATE: People reports that Ryan and Scarlett went out to dinner at Little Dom’s in L.A. on Saturday night and were “leaning in closely to each other when talking”. Confused yet?
justjared

For some reason, I'm surprised they're so close in age.
Charlize just seems older to me (she doesn't look it), because she's been around so long.

But I like them together in a weird way.

^ Agree about the age thing. She looks great, but I thought she was near 40 because she's been prominent for quite a while. Meanwhile, I thought Ryan was quite a bit younger as he often plays the comic foil man-child role.

Charlize is such a class act and talented person in my books, so it's a bit weird to see her matched up with Ryan, who I think of as the male equivalent of a bimbo or a silly Hollywood starlet with no acting range. (But clearly, she doesn't value career prospects that much in her partners, as she stayed with Stuart for a bloody long time.) If it makes her happy, then good for her. Maybe she's just looking to get back in the dating game.

I don't know why people dislike Ryan. I mean, all right he was married to Scarlett, but Scarlett is hardly Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or Katie Price, is she? I mean, yeah Scarlett isn't terribly talented, but she doesn't really come across as cheap to me either. If anything, his rumoured fling with Blake is what makes me a tad bit sceptical, but sometimes decent people date cheap people, which doesn't necessarily make them cheap in themselves...

^ Agree about the age thing. She looks great, but I thought she was near 40 because she's been prominent for quite a while. Meanwhile, I thought Ryan was quite a bit younger as he often plays the comic foil man-child role.

Charlize is such a class act and talented person in my books, so it's a bit weird to see her matched up with Ryan, who I think of as the male equivalent of a bimbo or a silly Hollywood starlet with no acting range. (But clearly, she doesn't value career prospects that much in her partners, as she stayed with Stuart for a bloody long time.) If it makes her happy, then good for her. Maybe she's just looking to get back in the dating game.

I could not agree more with you about Ryan Reynolds, he is so untalented, he has never opened a movie on his own, I think he is like the male Blake Lively lots of hype and a huge push by the industry but the public is just not biting.

I kind of wished CHarlize would get together with Ryan Gosling, they supposedly had a fling, but nothing long - term, which is a shame as I belive bith to be super talented, and so good looking!

Wow. It happens to be very easy to call people "junk".. like Scarlett.

It is undoubtedly easy to sit behind a computer and call people "junk" ;/

Charlize is a beautiful woman, Ryan is a handsome guy. They both seem down to earth. Predictable.

I could not agree more with you about Ryan Reynolds, he is so untalented, he has never opened a movie on his own, I think he is like the male Blake Lively lots of hype and a huge push by the industry but the public is just not biting.

I kind of wished CHarlize would get together with Ryan Gosling, they supposedly had a fling, but nothing long - term, which is a shame as I belive bith to be super talented, and so good looking!
you obv haven't seen Buried? i had my doubts about this fellow, but he was beyond amazing in that movie. he did the whole movie by himself and in my opinion was one of the ripped off ones this year when it comes to Oscar nomination. i seriously don't get where all the hate for this guy comes from? i mean i got a feeling we're talking about one of the Jersey Shore guys, not an actor with more than a steady career who got critically acclaimed? i don't know in what universe i'd compare him to Lively..:innocent:

if we want to talk career wise he's having a more succesful one in the last few years than Charlize...apart from The Road (which was so underrated due to marketing strategies that were all around the place) or Hancock which was a financial success she didn't do "much" after Monster nor boxoffice nor critic wise. she's just now filming movies back to back which have a bigger potential to serve her talent right...

on the couple note - they kinda visually fit, it's not a "bad coupling" or weird one actually...

Last edited by a moderator:
Half of these rumoured hook-up never even happen anyway. There was a point years ago when Charlize was apparently hooking up with Orlando Bloom, more recently it was Jeremy Renner, then Scarlett was supposedly seen with Renner. It's like the whole Bradley Cooper/Olivia Wilde thing. I don't know, of course I can't say it did or didn't happen but there's an awful lot from a source, insider or a witness and I do know that 9 times out of 10 they work for one of the mentioned celebrities. And I know from experience that all the actors I spend time around are usually quite tactile and will, without thinking put an arm round you and things, it's a very positive body language and I think sometimes when that's seen from the outside it can look a lot more intimate than it actually is. That's probably where a lot of these things start.

Ryan and Charlize have both just come out of long-term, serious relationships and seem to be realtively private people so maybe they're just looking for a bit of fun with someone in the same sort of situation, nothing wrong with that. Not every Hollywood hook up (if it's even that) has to be career/image enhancing. They certainly look quite good together.

@dajrekshn I am sorry but i have seen "Buried" and no I do not think he was robbed or overlooked, I do not mean to offend ou but, and this is just MY OPINION, he is quite untalented, like Manola Draghis said of the NYTimes this guy has no on-screen presence, he is very one dimensional, you see him "playing the role" not inhabiting the role.

Of course I do not realy care if he and CHarlize are dating, I guess I am just bitter b/c I wanted Ryan Golsing and CHarlize to get together - now that is a hot couple.

@dajrekshn I am sorry but i have seen "Buried" and no I do not think he was robbed or overlooked, I do not mean to offend ou but, and this is just MY OPINION, he is quite untalented, like Manola Draghis said of the NYTimes this guy has no on-screen presence, he is very one dimensional, you see him "playing the role" not inhabiting the role.

Of course I do not realy care if he and CHarlize are dating, I guess I am just bitter b/c I wanted Ryan Golsing and CHarlize to get together - now that is a hot couple.
oh no, i just asked did you see it cus you stated how Ryan didn't open a movie on his own. why would your opinion about Ryan be offending to me? i'm not even a fan of him (saw Buried by sheer coincidence and loved him in it), i just don't get where all this hate is coming from cus he seems like a pretty private guy without much stories about him...guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :flower:

i dunno about Gosling and Charlize now that you mention it...she seems "too old" for him, kinda...not that she's old, just that, as it was already stated in the thread, been in the biz for ages now...

I don't believe any of these rumours. For starter Charlize said herself that she was single recently on USA Today. Second, she is not the type to hide her relationships. Yes she is private (you hardly knows anything about her life compared to some celebrities) but when she is dating someone she doesn't do the Stewart/Pattinson thing. They hang out, kiss, hug, travel together, she talks about them/him on talk shows. She pretty much own her life. If she was dating Reeves, Randy something (photographer) or Reynolds I am sure we'd know. If she doesn't say anything it means that there is nothing to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->