Chicago shopping

^^Horrible! I need to make it there too. It's tragic how all these small designer boutiques are suffering right now.

i heard one of the SAs say that the store is closing because the owner is having her second child and moving on. :] not so sad.

^^Marc Jacobs is opening up a boutique here (apart from Marc by Marc)??!

i heard one of the SAs say that the store is closing because the owner is having her second child and moving on. :] not so sad.

I read that afterwards as well!

The selection at Hejfina was quite limited... as expected, but I didn't find anything really, sadly. There were a pair of Alexander Wang pants for $50, but they were much too long and bellbottomed for my taste. The first signage for the new Marc Jacobs store is up in the windows in the Elysian on Rush. I was kind of hoping it was that new wood + windowed (looks similar to Jake, actually) building across the street, but my friend told me that's rumored to be John Varvatos.

the wooden building is actually going to be lulu lemon athletica...

Geostud -- yes, the main line!

& mlg08 - That's even more disappointing! Oh well, at least it's pretty...

I just have to say how excited for Zara I am and the new Barney's didn't seem to have the sale shoes like they did at the old one, maybe I just went in at the wrong time.

^I cant wait for Zara either. I am looking for more vintage/thrift stores any ideas right now I like Land Of The Lost and Ragstock. f

Went to Hejfina earlier today to check out their going out of business sale. There was hardly anything left as june gloom said... couldn't find anything worth having. There were three pairs of APC jeans left, several gorgeous Acne coats, several Band of Outsider button downs and ties, but not much else. Really sad considering this was my first and only time to Hejfina. :cry:

Wow, I have no idea Hejfina is going out of business... simply due to a lack of sales or what? They're an institution...

Zara is open on Michigan Avenue. I haven't been there yet but have seen loads of people with shopping bags.

The Zara store on Michigan Ave is gorgeous. Much, much nicer than the ones I've been to in Europe. Whoever did their interior architecture and visual merchandising is a genius. It makes H&M look like Kmart.

The first week was wild. The racks were stripped bare. I didn't find a single size Small.

They're opening that other Zara in the Loop, by Nordstrom Rack and Loehmann's.

Apparently Block 37 is supposed to open in phases starting this month. We'll see... As Gleam mentioned, there will be a Zara as well as PUMA, Anthropologie, Sephora, and Steve Madden.

Apparently Block 37 is supposed to open in phases starting this month. We'll see... As Gleam mentioned, there will be a Zara as well as PUMA, Anthropologie, Sephora, and Steve Madden.

hmm..hopefully pending the foreclosure doesn't happen, right?

the stores are open and apparently so is the pedway between the blue and red lines at the washington stop.

I thought that the old Barney's location was going to become an Anthropologie but I was walking by today and saw that the windows are all orange and they're applying Hermes' decals...are we really getting a mega-Hermes?

Too bad about Ultimo.

Has anyone visited the big Zara and Anthro on Block 37? Any other stores of interest newly opened there?

Too bad about Ultimo.

Has anyone visited the big Zara and Anthro on Block 37? Any other stores of interest newly opened there?

Don't know about new stores but I thought the Zara was disappointing when compared to the one on Michigan Avenue...and the Anthro not as good as the stores on State or Southport. Perhaps I went on the wrong day but they seemed like a "downtown presence" and nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->