Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2002.03 Paris

I remember watching this on TV. That image of John, preening on the stage w/ his shirt blowing open, tanned skin basting in Wesson vegetable oil, is the stuff fashion nightmares are made of.

That one look makes me nostalgic for that strap-yourself-in trend that was happening around this time.

same pleats at Comme des Garcons SS 2003. just a couple months after this show

livingly.com

I think that ultimately, this is maybe my favorite Galliano for Dior Haute Couture collection!
When I look back at his tenure, in terms of Couture, it’s always this one, then Fall 1999 and then his two first Couture…But beyond the simple desirability of the clothes (that makes me love all the others), this collection, this show, this overall vision is so in tune with what I love about fashion!

I’ve got the same feeling looking at those images today as I did when I watched the show 20 years ago on Paris Premiere!
Extreme modernity in 2002 looks still very modern in 2024. I think this collection is such a Fashion with a capital F moment that it will always give the same feeling.

Everybody can recognize the Dior classic shapes but it’s not like we are used to.

Those clothes are to die for and so was the presentation. Galliano at his peak, unstoppable (at least until 2004).

They took Galliano rtw fw 2002 runway samples patterns, added couple extra details and called it Haute Couture, and then there was Dior rtw based on this couture as always :lol:

gettyimages.com and Scotty's archive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->