• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Culottes

05he-12-1-072.jpg

05he-12-1-071.jpg

05he-12-1-073.jpg

arthur.gr.jp

^^^ gorgeous pic's runner:heart:

does anywhere on the highstreet sell them? i would really like to try some on. havent seen anyone here sporting them though.

very cute indeed runner...

interesting little loops for the ribbon...
makes them much 'sweeter'...
i like the second pr...

thanks...:heart:

Oh I love those too,runner...love the volume,and the way they're worn as has been mentioned. Wow!:flower:

I think they're all right with heavier, textured fabrics, but girls around here wear the stretchy jersey ones that usually give them some serious cameltoe :(

I have two pairs - one black and one chocolate brown. Mine aren't jersey but like "pants" like the above pic in grey. I've been wearing mine with brown or black tall boots and I like to wear fishnet type tights in black or espresso colors with them. (doesn't look sl*tty or stupid, honest)

I've seen others wear the same type of thing around my area in Wisconsin but usually women my age or older (I'm mid 30's). This look is great paired with a clingly sweater with a cowl neck and a long beaded type necklace. Too me anyway. :wink:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/1249867-post180.html

I wanted to bring the gauchos from this post to this post, because they look really nice. They have that look which gives you the illusion of your average past-the-knees skirt. I sometimes see culottes as all-year fashions. And that's what some ladies try to do, make a certain look or trend as a year-round deal. This seems more like a year-round deal to me. I remembered seeing in JCPenney sale papers of cropped career-style pants for juniors, and instead of long boots, some even paired them with flats, so they can be functional outside of fall and winter trends.

Do you see these as an all-year fashion? How about them being the new Bermuda Shorts (remember, I dislike Bermuda shorts)? How about (maybe) the new Capris? My only gripe about culottes/gauchos as all-year fashions is, are the culottes too hot to wear in summer conditions? I don't think these would fit very well as beach fashion, unless someone comes up with sexy, widely-flared gauchos to wear on the beach. They'd have to have lightweight and smooth fabrics.

Ardiennet said:
I have two pairs - one black and one chocolate brown. Mine aren't jersey but like "pants" like the above pic in grey. I've been wearing mine with brown or black tall boots and I like to wear fishnet type tights in black or espresso colors with them. (doesn't look sl*tty or stupid, honest)

I've seen others wear the same type of thing around my area in Wisconsin but usually women my age or older (I'm mid 30's). This look is great paired with a clingly sweater with a cowl neck and a long beaded type necklace. Too me anyway. :wink:

sounds really nice...
so they have hit wisconsin have they?...
interesting...thanks for posting...:flower:

They don't work for me. I am 5-7, 116 pounds. I feel it makes me look short and stalky. Even with boots or sandals. I DO love how they look on tall models,with killer boots though.
I feel, like the A-line skirt, it makes your eye go outward. So,even with the smallest waist, if you have the slightest amount of curve it takes all of the fabric in that direction.

i just wore a pair of claudie pierlot culottes that were part of my alteration bonanza...
they hadn't seen the light of day in about 6 years...

wore them with a beautiful ruffled yohji white shirt and little sheer navy yohji cardi and some tall MJ black boots to visit my mom on mother's day...

yattah!
i will wear!!!

^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of this post from years ago when I got these the other day.

^oooh, love that. Especially the waistline.. how are they from behind? usually, culottes tend to give a "saggy bum" look

btw, you have to credit that picture, tFS policy:flower:

oops :o it's from yoox.com (can I edit posts?)

Thye fit perfectly from the back. I think the fact that they sit so high on the waist avoids the saggy bum look.

^oooh, love that. Especially the waistline.. how are they from behind? usually, culottes tend to give a "saggy bum" look

btw, you have to credit that picture, tFS policy:flower:

geez- the quotes are really difficult to read with the new layout...
:doh:...

:lol:...

sugo- nice to see you around lately...
great find...who makes those?
they are so special...

So happy you are still here. Always a comfort to see familiar faces.

This whole forum looks so different (you would think they would fix the UI after all these years. :unsure::innocent:)

They are Alexander Wang. No idea from which season. I got the from the yoox.com sample sale.

geez- the quotes are really difficult to read with the new layout...
:doh:...

:lol:...

sugo- nice to see you around lately...
great find...who makes those?
they are so special...

these look pretty good to me...
see by chloe

^_^

net-a-porter.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads