Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Law isn't really painting himself in the best light with the "Cutting Room Floor" pod, and same as the one for the SHOWStudio one "Fashion Radio", but seemingly is able to get away with it when it comes to fan service and his "resume".

I don't think it will ever click that Law is at the end of the day just a stylist and the things he is talking about really should be done by the PR team and associated agents. He doesn't work for a big brand either as an in house stylist or consultant so the sway he has in the business really isn't that influential which from the sounds of it, eats him up on the inside. He's just an assistant. A right hand side lackey that manages to weasel his way into the ears of his clients to grasp some form of control.

There is no denying his work ethic, but everything that has been coming out of his mouth is really alarming and toxic. And to say "this brand refused to work with Z so we don't go near them" is such a backwards way of working. Did Law ever also think that maybe, just maybe, some brands also don't want to work with or dress Z because him? He no longer has to "protect" her as a young new person in the industry as some form of mentor, and sounds more like he's puppeteering to keep his name on everyone's lips when the real event is the star themself.

Law knows that contracts are involved, and the brands he mentions are part of the CONGLOMERATES. He should no better, and chill out.

Law is beyond delusional. I mean you have to laugh, he thinks he single-handedly created Zendaya. He is such a caricature I keep half expecting him to reveal he's in on the joke, but it never happens. Anything he says should be taken with a fat pinch of salt, everything out of his mouth is in service of his delusions of grandeur. He's a hired hand who thinks he's the star.

Praying Zendaya humbles him at some point because I cannot imagine him tagging along beside her, flaunting himself as her peer at every turn, is a pleasant experience. She has the patience of a saint. The way he takes ownership of her success is a bit sick.

The Roach is more of an influencer than an actual stylist. So many of the top stylists in this industry (Chaix, Lotta, Koller, Templer, MAS) have such a wide breadth of projects ranging from editorial styling to design consultation. Meanwhile, the Roach's entire career rests on being "the genius behind Zendaya". That's not a career, it's a prolonged PR stunt.

There was a clip making the rounds on twitter of an interview where he says he doesn't date because he feels he was put on this earth to be loved by the masses. Lol. And also have you guys seen he has his own show now with Julia Fox? It may be to keep the content of the show a surprise, but basically the entire trailer is just clips of him in different outfits emoting like he's waiting for the gifs and rxn clips to be made for social media.

He got that part of his name right. Roach. He is a roach and he keeps coming back through the cracks. He is not right in his mind by saying that he's supposed to be loved by the masses. If you want to be loved by the masses be humble and don't think so much of yourself, and praise yourself like you are a God. No you are not you are just another cockroach who survived a slipper.

And also have you guys seen he has his own show now with Julia Fox?
I've been wondering why Julia Fox has been doing so many Youtube appearances lately and didn't realise it was for this. Watched a trailer for it and it's just another cringe filled fashion design challenge show where all the contestants are barely a blip on the radar. Fitting to have Law Roach as a host for it though.

I don't know about this. I really don't think he should be credited for Zendaya's trajectory from TV to the A list just based on how he's dressed her (like a C-lister clown, not an A-lister...).

To go back to the beginning, he started dressing her in 2010 when she was 14 and had only been in that Disney show. She was a child, a tv actor, mostly in clothes from Target, why exactly would the teams of Frida Giannini, Hedi Slimane and John Galliano (all heading these houses around the time he claims they said no) would be interested? it's just delusional.

I hope she eventually realises that she's better off without this leech just like Anya Taylor Joy did..
Law may have toxic main character energy, but his work with definitely Zendaya elevated her image/status. But, you’re right: Law shouldn’t take all the credit. The real person responsible for Zendaya’s trajectory is the E! News correspondant who said that Zendaya looked like she smelled like patchouli and weed like 8 years ago. Nobody knew who she was prior to that.

While I do think his mouth could get her in trouble, I’d rather him dismiss Chanel entirely than go the Kate Young/Karla Welsh route and put my clients in the UGLIEST Chanel or Dior gown to satisfy a contract. Besides *maybe* Harry Lambert and Danielle Goldberg, no other celeb stylist is creating memorable fashion moments like him right now.

Ironically, Anya Taylor Joy is trying to have all these “archival” red-carpet moments post-Law and looks a mess.

But are Zendaya's fashion moments really that memorable? I feel like it's more due to roach and team trying to paint her as next fashion icon plus her being the social media darling. She does look good most of the time but it's always so calculated and clearly done with intention of going viral which is quiet prevalent among celebrity stylists nowadays. Now it's all about hunting that vintage piece all the tasteful insta gays have in their inspo folder.

But are Zendaya's fashion moments really that memorable? I feel like it's more due to roach and team trying to paint her as next fashion icon plus her being the social media darling. She does look good most of the time but it's always so calculated and clearly done with intention of going viral which is quiet prevalent among celebrity stylists nowadays. Now it's all about hunting that vintage piece all the tasteful insta gays have in their inspo folder.
Compared to the current work of his peers, absolutely. Why shouldn’t her team push for fashion icon status? She’s been one to watch on the carpet for a few years now. I’m all here for intention and virality. Also, I’m not mad that vintage permeated the zeitgeist but you can tell whether or not it was pulled for gimmicks on some celebs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->