Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Wait maybe Guram’s partner is Miroslava Duma lol?

(She was formerly married into an Oligarch’s family, they were sanctioned after Russia invaded Ukraine)

Last edited:
Wait maybe Guram’s partner is Miroslava Duma lol?

(She was formerly married into an Oligarch’s family, they were sanctioned after Russia invaded Ukraine)
oh so she's split from her husband? and I assumed GG, like most male fashion designers we know of, is gay lol

She is divorced from her husband, yes.

Law Roach has revealed which major luxury brands refused to work with Zendaya at the start of her career, and why she still doesn’t wear some to this day.

The stylist, who’s gained worldwide fame for his fashion collaborations with the Challengers star, recently opened up about the difficulties of sourcing red carpet looks for Zendaya. While appearing on the latest episode of The Cutting Room Floor podcast with host Recho Omondi, Roach spoke about being turned down by Chanel, Saint Laurent, Dior, Gucci, and Valentino.

“I would write [to] Saint Laurent, Chanel, Gucci, Valentino, Dior and they would all say: ‘No, try again next year. She’s too green. She’s not on our calendar,’” Roach recalled. “I still have all the receipts. I still have everything.”

The 45-year-old fashion icon explained that by the time Zendaya landed her first American Vogue cover in 2017, the Disney Channel alum still had yet to wear designs from the five major labels. According to Roach, Zendaya only began wearing Valentino when she landed a contract with the brand in 2020.

“She still has never worn Dior on a carpet, she still has never worn Chanel on a carpet, she has still never worn Gucci on a carpet. Any press, any appearance, never,” Roach maintained.

Now, it seems that the stylist has since kept a record of which luxury designers refused to dress Zendaya before she became two-time Emmy winner. “When I said: ‘If you say no, it’ll be a no forever,’ that rang true for a long long time,” he added.

e814bcf9e7ac466186443a25f045f59f_1715290532

As a clip of Roach’s podcast appearance went viral on TikTok, many fans took to the comments section to praise the stylist for defending Zendaya throughout their relationship – which began when she was just 14 years old.

“I love that he don’t play about Zendaya,” one fan commented on TikTok, while another user said: “He protected her and I’M HERE FOR IT.”

“I want those designers BEGGGINNNGGG now,” a third fan exclaimed, as someone else wrote: “He stood on business and I applaud him for that. Also, every designer that said yes, she looks great in!”

This isn’t the first time Roach has spoken about the difficulties of dressing Zendaya in designer brands at the start of her career. Speaking to Vogue, he shared that the duo would pluck vintage pieces for Zendaya’s red carpet appearances out of necessity.

“We’ve been [pulling vintage] since Zendaya and I began working together, for 13 years now. At first, it came out of necessity because back when we started, nobody would lend her clothes,” he said. “And I come from vintage – I had a vintage store in Chicago – so a lot of the things that she wore were things from my store or vintage pieces.”

Law Roach attends the 2024 Met Gala with Zendaya

The Euphoria actor went on to make her Met Gala debut at age 18 and scored her first Vogue cover two years later. Since then, the duo have turned heads with their iconic fashion collaborations. During the press tour for Dune: Part Two, Roach styled Zendaya in a robot-style outfit from the Thierry Mugler archives for the film’s London premiere in February. While promoting Challengers, Zendaya gave tenniscore a whole new meaning with her bright green gowns, white tennis skirts, and show-stopping tennis ball heeled shoes.

Earlier this week, Zendaya made her return to the Met Gala for its “Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion” theme - where she also served as co-chair. The Spider-Man: No Way Home star walked the red carpet in a peacock-coloured gown designed by John Galliano for Maison Margiela Artisanal, styled by none other than Roach. Along with her dramatic blue and green gown, which was a nod to Dior’s spring 1999 couture collection, she paired the look with a Philip Treacy headpiece featuring a singular black feather and a fake hummingbird resting on her shoulder.

In addition to her draped blue and emerald green dress, Zendaya changed into a surprise second look: a black dress from Givenchy’s spring/summer 1996 couture collection, paired with a floral bouquet as a headpiece.
THE INDEPDENDENT

I genuinely dont care enough about this girl to even know what she wears.

Zendaya is one of these famous on the internet types whose hype doesnt match their draw.

Zendaya is one of these famous on the internet types whose hype doesnt match their draw.
Is there anyone to you that isn't famous on the internet? Genuinely curious, I can't stand Zendaya but who do you actually consider famous in today's age??

are you just guess blurting out words lol although im not sure why she's all over lately shes had quite a good body of work with greatest showman and spiderman. Definitely not a "famous on the internet" type like the chamberlain lady. besides nothing wrong being a internet star as they are now one of the main customers in fashion.

Is there anyone to you that isn't famous on the internet? Genuinely curious, I can't stand Zendaya but who do you actually consider famous in today's age??
are you just guess blurting out words lol although im not sure why she's all over lately shes had quite a good body of work with greatest showman and spiderman. Definitely not a "famous on the internet" type like the chamberlain lady. besides nothing wrong being a internet star as they are now one of the main customers in fashion.

my opinion of Z comes from my peers in LA who are way more plugged into film than me. I know very little about film. Like I tell them what clothes to wear they tell me what films/tv to watch.

The gossip is that Z is over hyped and doesnt sell equal to her supposed popularity. They just spent a fortune advertising that movie that isnt really showing returns. Its her first lead role and its not looking like she is driving people to theaters. Despite her immense e-popularity… I was briefly interested in that black and white film she did but was told not to waste my time so i didnt.

As far as famous on the internet vs famous in real life. Julia Roberts would be traffic stopping in most of the Western world and is relatively unknown on the internet. Even Kendrick Lamar appears to only be becoming internet famous now despite being real life famous for a decade. The internet is not reality.

If i were going to link my fashion label to any artist right now in the 18-30 age bracket. I would do Saweetie, Melanie Martinez if I were trying to really appeal to a loyal young audience who has money to spend. Its a business. I would put my mom in an ad for funsies but that doesnt drive sales. As far as for men goes Id prob do kendrick lamar anyway bc he has a loyal fanbase who have money to spend. If i were gonna go younger Id prob do Playboy Carti. If i were going for an international audience id prob go with brooklyn beckham bc his moms fans. as far as girls id prob go with someone like lalisa.

Chanel knows Zendaya is not pushing people to buy that bottle of Chance or that splurge on a flap.

Last edited:
my opinion of Z comes from my peers in LA who are way more plugged into film than me. I know very little about film. Like I tell them what clothes to wear they tell me what films/tv to watch.

The gossip is that Z is over hyped and doesnt sell equal to her supposed popularity. They just spent a fortune advertising that movie that isnt really showing returns. Its her first lead role and its not looking like she is driving people to theaters. Despite her immense e-popularity… I was briefly interested in that black and white film she did but was told not to waste my time so i didnt.

As far as famous on the internet vs famous in real life. Julia Roberts would be traffic stopping in most of the Western world and is relatively unknown on the internet. Even Kendrick Lamar appears to only be becoming internet famous now despite being real life famous for a decade. The internet is not reality.

If i were going to link my fashion label to any artist right now in the 18-30 age bracket. I would do Saweetie, Melanie Martinez if I were trying to really appeal to a loyal young audience who has money to spend. Its a business. I would put my mom in an ad for funsies but that doesnt drive sales. As far as for men goes Id prob do kendrick lamar anyway bc he has a loyal fanbase who have money to spend. If i were gonna go younger Id prob do Playboy Carti. If i were going for an international audience id prob go with brooklyn beckham bc his moms fans. as far as girls id prob go with someone like lalisa.

Chanel knows Zendaya is not pushing people to buy that bottle of Chance or that splurge on a flap.

But the young lady from Gossip Girl (whose name genuinely escapes me at the moment) is? The fact that the show was cancelled is not lost on me.

I think they saw a missed opportunity with Zendaya and needed to diversify their celebrity ambassadors. I'm sure they didn't expect her show to not do well, but here we are.

At the very least, Zendaya has been in back to back big projects that have had a lot of press. In which case, I'm sure her carrying a Chanel bag wouldn't have hurt.

“She still has never worn Dior on a carpet, she still has never worn Chanel on a carpet, she has still never worn Gucci on a carpet. Any press, any appearance, never,” Roach maintained
......while I understand his broader point and don't doubt that some big brands absolutely did refuse to dress Zendaya in her Disney-girl days, what exactly does Law define as red carpet and an 'appearance' exactly because this is Zendaya in January 2014 at a pre-Grammy party in Gucci Resort 2014 i.e. the latest season at the time.
Zendaya-In-Gucci-Friends-N-Family-17th-Annual-Pre-Grammy-Party.jpg

also does it not count if the pieces were vintage (I guess this is the logic? Since we all saw her in Galliano-era Dior not a week ago) and does an event for a magazine cover not count as 'press' because here she is in vintage Chanel for the launch of her Marie Claire cover in 2016 (and she says it's vintage Chanel on her own instagram). This isn't counting any instances of wearing bags from those brands at an event/red carpet btw, just clothes.
Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 09-35-11 Zendaya on Instagram Serving 90's supermodel tonight with a ...png

This is NOT to take away from the fact that he managed to effectively elevate Zendaya to fashion A-list (and that from there, she picked up the work projects and opportunities to become actual A-list) without using some of the biggest and most cachet-y brands at the time, it's an incredible achievement from both of them but dude when you make a statement as absolute as your client 'never' having worn a certain brand for an official appearance.....at least make sure it's factually true, or qualify it with 'they hardly ever worked with us' or 'just once' or whatever, especially since he's so specific about being responsible for all her looks at events.

(but seriously - Chanel? They made a joke of themselves with that early 2010s Gossip Girl campaign where even Chanel's American employees were sniping to the press about how she was too downmarket, even a Disney-era Zendaya wearing some of their frocks wouldn't have done them any damage, especially since she actually did look good in designer clothes even then unlike some of Karl and Anna's more mysterious fixations)
(pics from people.com/redcarpetfashionawards.com, screenshot of Zendaya's instagram and cosmopolitan.com)

1460477212-gty-zendaya-03-160412.jpg

If i were going to link my fashion label to any artist right now in the 18-30 age bracket. I would do Saweetie, Melanie Martinez if I were trying to really appeal to a loyal young audience who has money to spend. Its a business. I would put my mom in an ad for funsies but that doesnt drive sales. If i were gonna go younger Id prob do Playboy Carti. If i were going for an international audience id prob go with brooklyn beckham bc his moms fans. as far as girls id prob go with someone like lalisa.
this part is satire, right? surely

If i were going to link my fashion label to any artist right now in the 18-30 age bracket. I would do Saweetie, Melanie Martinez if I were trying to really appeal to a loyal young audience who has money to spend. Its a business. I would put my mom in an ad for funsies but that doesnt drive sales. As far as for men goes Id prob do kendrick lamar anyway bc he has a loyal fanbase who have money to spend. If i were gonna go younger Id prob do Playboy Carti. If i were going for an international audience id prob go with brooklyn beckham bc his moms fans.
good luck with your (hopefully only imaginary) fashion label....LOL

melanie-martinez-v0-vnycxar7vbta1.jpg
Saweetie-Response-Quavo-Chris-Brown-Beef-Fan-Reactions-Hip-Hop-News-scaled-e1713885815443 Kopie.jpg
Melanie M, Saweetie, Brooklyn B.
TELEMMGLPICT000000285625732_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqXW61vz_3bSmK0KpgrSXHYTdESC3FBk1DSYgqaD24EGY Kopie.jpg
reddit/telegraph/nhhh

I saw a clip where he was asked about Annie Leibovitz photographing black women.
And he said he specifically asked for Annie for the latest Zendaya cover and that he thinks both Zendaya's and Coco's covers were great. The interviewer was baffled.

This is NOT to take away from the fact that he managed to effectively elevate Zendaya to fashion A-list (and that from there, she picked up the work projects and opportunities to become actual A-list) without using some of the biggest and most cachet-y brands at the time, it's an incredible achievement from both of them but dude when you make a statement as absolute as your client 'never' having worn a certain brand for an official appearance.....at least make sure it's factually true, or qualify it with 'they hardly ever worked with us' or 'just once' or whatever, especially since he's so specific about being responsible for all her looks at events.
I don't know about this. I really don't think he should be credited for Zendaya's trajectory from TV to the A list just based on how he's dressed her (like a C-lister clown, not an A-lister...).

To go back to the beginning, he started dressing her in 2010 when she was 14 and had only been in that Disney show. She was a child, a tv actor, mostly in clothes from Target, why exactly would the teams of Frida Giannini, Hedi Slimane and John Galliano (all heading these houses around the time he claims they said no) would be interested? it's just delusional.

Her big break is Spiderman but mostly Euphoria, she single-handedly carries that show and it's not another thirst-trap for horny teenagers thanks to her acting alone, she's excellent and has more than proved herself despite the way that show keeps characters in boxes of insufferable clichés. Her acting in movies also constantly receives positive reviews from serious publications and I doubt it's Law Roach giving her acting classes. Even if she dressed like s*it, what she does in front of the camera is all her, clothes are secondary. That being said, she always had small features and a face that looks much younger than her age, she has grown into her looks just as her acting has become more dimensional, it's the type of progression that is ideal for an actress because it creates momentum and interest and an increasing desire from the public to see her more, and brands will follow that.

Sadly, I think this relationship with grooming undertones is detrimental for her potential. Fashion is not that necessary for her but he's clearly sabotaging her standing with brands based on personal resentment that came from his failure as a fame-starved 30 year-old to use the 'little gem' he had found (14 year old Zendaya) to give him an express pass into the big leagues of fashion, and he's still using her to hopefully secure himself a contract or the percentage of one. His 'if you say no, it'll be a no forever' only to agree if there's a contract involved (so it's not really about integrity)... sorry but, this is the freaking stylist?!, where are her agents?. His retirement as a form of emotional blackmail only gives you an idea of the kind of abusive and toxic dynamics he must employ with younger women behind doors. I hope she eventually realises that she's better off without this leech just like Anya Taylor Joy did..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->