Do You Use Conditioner?

eliaino

Reaction score
Thread title is self explanatory. Do you use conditioner (also called cream rinse) on your hair? If so, how often? And what kind?

I haven't used conditioner for a few months now. I have fine, straight hair; I found any conditioner I used would build up on my scalp. Someone recommended deep conditioning once a week or every two weeks, but I'm wary...there doesn't seem to be such a thing as an objective, non-commercially-influenced expert who could tell me "this product would be better for you than this one," you know what I mean?

um, i have very fine straight hair too that is pretty oily. i have found DOVE brand works best on my hair. when i condition after shampooing though, i only put the conditioner on the ends of my hair, otherwise i get build up too. once or twice a month i used neutrogena clean shampoo too, so it gets rid of any build up i have either from the shampoo/conditioner or from styling products. hope that helps

Thread title is self explanatory. Do you use conditioner (also called cream rinse) on your hair? If so, how often? And what kind?

I haven't used conditioner for a few months now. I have fine, straight hair; I found any conditioner I used would build up on my scalp. Someone recommended deep conditioning once a week or every two weeks, but I'm wary...there doesn't seem to be such a thing as an objective, non-commercially-influenced expert who could tell me "this product would be better for you than this one," you know what I mean?
Well, conditioner isn't meant to go anywhere near your scalp, so...

I deep condition every time I wash my hair, which is not often.

I used it every time I wash my hair too, makes it much easier to deal with..

I find that conditioner often isn't enough for my thick, frizzy, long hair. I alternate between conditioners and masques/treatments.

^ Same here. I'm always using conditioner after shampooing - just can't go without it as my hair is a total mess otherwise and I won't be able to comb it. But once in a week (I wash my hair about three times a week) I try to use a masque instead of the conditioner. Just for being sure that it really gets all the treatment it needs, and I won't have split ends that often.

But overall, a good conditioner is certainly the most important thing for my haircare.

I condition every time I wash my hair, and deep condition once a week ^_^

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by deep condition?

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by deep condition?

Well when I wash my hair and condition, I usually leave it in for around 3 minutes or so. Once a week I will either leave my regular conditioner (terax crema) in for 10-15 minutes for a deep condition, or use a special hair treatment product.

You should always use a conditioner on your hair after shampooing and use a repairing hair masque (a.k.a deep conditioner) once a week to lock in moisture. There are a couple of reasons why you are experiencing greasy roots after using conditioner but the most probable one is that you are not using the product correctly.

Conditioner should be applied all over the hair concentrating mostly on the ends and mid lengths. Be careful not to apply it directly on to the scalp or massage it in. Use a wide toothed comb from the mid lengths through to the ends to distribute the conditioner evenly. And then for the most important part: rinse, rinse and rinse some more!

The second most likely reason is that the conditioner you are using is not suitable for your hair type. You need to look for a product specifically designed for fine/limp hair. Volumising conditioners would also be suitable as they tend to work in a similar way.

Its also a good idea to wash your hair brushes and combs in shampoo as oil collects on them too.

Personally I think product build up is a bit of a myth as every time you shampoo your hair you are removing products. Same goes for swapping products around. Provided you use them correctly theres no reason why you shouldnt be able to use the same ones every time your wash your hair.

If you follow the steps above and you still find that you are experiencing the same problems then its possible the culprit is actually the shampoo. Again, make sure to use a product that is designed for your hair type.

hope that helps :flower:

oh and my favourites:
When I'm on a budget (i.e always) Aussie (especially 3 minute miracle :heart:) and Herbal Essence (although I preferred the old formulas :cry:) are both really good.

And when I have the money (i.e never) kerastase and Redken (especially all soft ^_^) are excellent.

I use after each wash a normal conditioner, but once in a while I use a conditioner which has to stay on my hair for about 30 minutes and my hair is in great condition .

I'm actually going for shopping on Staurday and I was thinking of buying a new conditioner, becaue I've almost used up the one that I currently have. Does anyone have a good suggesstion? :smile: (I have thick wavy hair and it also gets oily)

I just use conditioner on the ends. I have oily hair and I don't like putting conditioner on my scalp. I try to use a hair mask/deep conditioning treatment once a week, but sometimes I forget/feel lazy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->