Does This Work? Get Fashion Feedback Here.

Hi I'm considering buying a slightly used Saint Laurent dress shirt. It was very beautiful and cheap (only a bit more than $450, the retail price is $1500). The problem is it is a bit long (back length 30.5 inch, I'm 5'9" with a slightly short torso so the shirt would go near half my thighs). Do you think this can work? Any suggestions on how I could style this?

Lacoste Tee

I actually love my Lacoste Tee! It's a plain white basic with the Lacoste logo. Try that over the polo with your vintage jeans. Sneakers for a casual day, loafers for some edge, a pump if you're looking for that comfy-chic effortless look!

Need some Advice.

So hello people! I am new to this forum, so i am not so sure that i posted this in the right place.

Anyhow! I used to be a outcast, a social outcast that is.. In the recent years i have been working on developing my looks and the way i carry myself.

Recently got invited to this forum. and now i want som advice from the fashion gurus here.

Need feedback on the way i dress basically what I'm asking.

First, the leather jacket.. i kinda feel like that black part with the button sticking out on the top is a bit misplaced.

Also do you guys have any recommendations of what i can wear with my dark brown timberlands and black faded jeans?

Attachments

• Photo on 08-07-15 at 17.10 #3.jpg
    Photo on 08-07-15 at 17.10 #3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Photo on 08-07-15 at 17.10 #2.jpg
    Photo on 08-07-15 at 17.10 #2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo on 21-07-15 at 19.14.jpg
    Photo on 21-07-15 at 19.14.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Photo on 21-07-15 at 19.14 #2.jpg
    Photo on 21-07-15 at 19.14 #2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 12
Welcome! :smile:

The black strap on your jacket doesn't look misplaced to me, it's quite common in that type of leather jackets. I'm pretty sure no-one will notice it or think it looks misplaced. :wink:

For me pretty much everything works with black jeans, it al depends on your personal style. I'd recommend to look ate some designers/collections that you like to get some inspiration and find out what kind of outfits/colors/styles you like. Once you get an overal idea of your style preferences finding the right way to wear something to fit your style becomes much easier and more natural. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Arfus!
I totally agree with Fewormany too.
In fact, I think the strap makes the jacket extra cool, like F says it's one of the defining features of that style of motorcycle jacket, and I like the nonchalance of the strap when it's worn open.

I agree too that pretty much anything goes with your jeans and shoes. :flower: Maybe you usually do this anyway, but for another idea, you can experiment if you like with tucking your shirt in and wearing a nice belt too. There is an art of tucking in, ranging from the ridiculous to the flattering and discreetly stylish all the way to the embarrassingly pretentious, so like Fewormany says you can look at photos of what you like and play around with that too. Ditto for sleeve rolling. I think the shirt fits you well. :flower: Have fun!!!!!

Welcome Arfus!
I totally agree with Fewormany too.
In fact, I think the strap makes the jacket extra cool, like F says it's one of the defining features of that style of motorcycle jacket, and I like the nonchalance of the strap when it's worn open.

I agree too that pretty much anything goes with your jeans and shoes. :flower: Maybe you usually do this anyway, but for another idea, you can experiment if you like with tucking your shirt in and wearing a nice belt too. There is an art of tucking in, ranging from the ridiculous to the flattering and discreetly stylish all the way to the embarrassingly pretentious, so like Fewormany says you can look at photos of what you like and play around with that too. Ditto for sleeve rolling. I think the shirt fits you well. :flower: Have fun!!!!!

This is so true! I like a tucked in shirt, but it can look very bad when not done well...

I like the jacket the way it is as well, Arfus:flower:

Thanks for all the reply guys!

I do have a belt with the same color as the leather boots, i will try that today!

So everything goes? How about a dark red shirt, or a green or light orange t-shirt/shirt?

I kinda like warm colors,

How does this outfit look?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 23
Hard to tell ... the photo does not allow us to actually see the clothes very well. . I can see dark jeans, dark shoes, a dark jacket and a red shirt. But beyond that, I really can't see any details or see if there is anything special about the look.

It's pretty classic, I would say ...

Hard to tell ... the photo does not allow us to actually see the clothes very well. . I can see dark jeans, dark shoes, a dark jacket and a red shirt. But beyond that, I really can't see any details or see if there is anything special about the look.

It's pretty classic, I would say ...

Dark brown Timberland boots, Black faded jeans, crimson shirt, and a black leather jacket.

same jacket as here and jeans

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=691759&d=1437508027

Does the red go with the jacket and jeans?

Black is a neutral color ... so any color goes with it. It just depends on what you like. Crimson is a bold, warm color that can make a statement.

Seeing the jacket ... that looks like an 80's retro "Members Only" jacket to me (not sure if it has epaulettes, or not like those old 80's jackets had, but I think that would be too much of a copy if it did).

My opinion is the same ... over all it's a classic look. Not too forward fashion wise, but it won't go out of style soon, either.

Black is a neutral color ... so any color goes with it. It just depends on what you like. Crimson is a bold, warm color that can make a statement.

Seeing the jacket ... that looks like an 80's retro "Members Only" jacket to me (not sure if it has epaulettes, or not like those old 80's jackets had, but I think that would be too much of a copy if it did).

My opinion is the same ... over all it's a classic look. Not too forward fashion wise, but it won't go out of style soon, either.

What kinda of statement? When i wear it i feel. "Naughty" "Mysterious" "Sex on my mind"

I have an outfit in mind:

this blouse:

zBbn4oY.jpg

(johnlewis)
(it's more fitted than it looks; I already own it)

this skirt:

KYPe8Ij.jpg

(store.americanapparel)
(ordered, it hasn't arrived yet)

a blazer similar to this one, but without the plaid, purely tweed:

JF3L4gQ.jpg

(etsy)
(which I already own, thanks to my boyfriend)

and white socks with these shoes, in brown:

swxoPLD.jpg

(zara)
(which I already own, but may need some polishing as they've been in a box after moving house)

However, I'd have to wear dark tights with it, as I have bad eczema on my legs. Would I still be able to pull this off?

If it helps, I am 5'1.8" and 30-24-35.

Tee by Gianni Versace 91F/W Belt by Gianni Versace 93S/S, Wallet Chain by Chrome Heart, Jeans by Versace Jean Couture mid 90's collection
How about this? I think Reebok Court Victory not suit for the look, what do you think?

Attachments

• 1451221302702.jpg
    1451221302702.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20160102_905ed296bc8a73d6be7aAhdmr84GEOZI.jpg
    20160102_905ed296bc8a73d6be7aAhdmr84GEOZI.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 13
^ belt is so sick! I think Reebok Court Victory is good for the look

tryin somethin new... kina apprehensive, tips on the silhouette + palette?

second pic trying to show pants are actually dark blue not black

carpe diem heavy linen shirtjacket, vintage Y's for men black t-shirt (tucked/untucked, which is better?), label under construction fly yarn j(y?)-pant, carpe diem s21m backzip, orvis bridle leather brass spur belt

Attachments

• 2016-04-06 02.57.42.jpg
    2016-04-06 02.57.42.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2016-04-06 02.59.00.jpg
    2016-04-06 02.59.00.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 19
I think it works. I love clothes that look like they have been lived in. Untucked makes you look taller. I don't know if that is something you care about or not. Love the linen jacket!

You cannot go wrong with Adidas but what's wrong with ripped denim? If you're only going for a preppy look then I understand but otherwise I don't think there's anything wrong with some distressing!

I think it works. I love clothes that look like they have been lived in. Untucked makes you look taller. I don't know if that is something you care about or not. Love the linen jacket!

GOOD POINT. I need all the extra inches I can get haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IIIIII
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->