• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Dries van Noten

Sadly I can't say I own a DVN piece myself, but I find myself admiring most pieces in his collections. I especially like this entire look, the floor length coat paired with trousers, from his F/W 06.07 show:

00380m.jpg

style.com

Very sophisticated choice, seanut!

I have the gold pumps....I like wearing them with drab colors--black, olive, grey--and burnished brass jewelry (which you can't see in this crappy pic :doh:)

I can't wait to wear them with grey or black tights. :heart:

Attachments

• Driesshoes.JPG
    Driesshoes.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 30
holy crap, i wish I had those black wedge sneakers, luckyme. They are so comfy and cute. :heart:

yeah well...
I wish i had those gold shoes...:P

i think they would be fantastic with all black..mixed textures...
:heart:...

and this bag...which i DO have...:D
style.com

Attachments

• dries bag- gold.jpg
    dries bag- gold.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 5
  • dries bag sid vw.jpg
    dries bag sid vw.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
good grief....that is spec-tac-ular...:sideways:
i would like to marry that bag. :P What season, softie; and where did you get it?

this thread is going to ruin my life...i could stay here all day talking about Dries.:heart:

sorry..i'm a dope...
that was the wrong picture...fixed now...:P

i wanted that bag but couldn't find it...
i think that was a pic from runner from japan...
:ermm:...

but i found this one instead...:P
fw06

yep, that tunic did prove to be popular. i love it but have actually never worn it. ive put on weight since and dont look too good in it :smile:
im eyeing a couple of dries coats for this winter.
been wanting one for years just never found an interesting one.. i think now is the time?
there will surely be some good ones on yoox from last fall which was a stellar year for dries coats...

i know helena (fellow tfs-er) got a great dries coat...
it's scrumptious...:flower:

What are some good online sites for scouting out Dries goods? I know that pollyanna and yoox carry clothing and Browns and Mona Moore have great shoes. Are there any others? I only own one piece from Dries but I am obsessed with his aesthetics.

What are some good online sites for scouting out Dries goods? I know that pollyanna and yoox carry clothing and Browns and Mona Moore have great shoes. Are there any others? I only own one piece from Dries but I am obsessed with his aesthetics.

The only other place I can think of is Browns in the UK--they ship internationally.
You can also contact Butter in Brooklyn. They don't have an online shop, but they will send you photographs of pieces.

soft--I have that bag too! :lol:

browns does have great pieces ftom this season up on their website. butter has very wearable, tried and true selections. also try ronherman.com and pollyanna.com they both have other choices, so those are great options as laika said, and she knows...

I just thought of some others; headstartshoes.com and haloshoes.com

I love those gold shoes, I tried them from yoox but they ran too large for me and didnt have the smaller size. the bags last season were glorious and softgrey got really lucky with that one. anything with embroidery from Dries is sure to be :woot:

lets see some of those coats... please.

I know some of us also bought the short smock top from last season which has become a fast favorite of mine.

laika, did you get the tall boots yet? butter has some really nice ones now.

I'm curious about the dresses from this season, has anyone tried them, are they too formless?

seanutbutter, I'm sure with your good eye you'll find the right one to start off with.

what can we expect from the upcoming show? I think he is going to stick with sporty but add lots of color and possibly some flower patterns into the mix...

^ Yes, he seems to be on a minimal, sporty aesthetic at the moment. I wouldn't mind a bit more sequin as he works so well with it. Hoping to see lovely prints and dresses. I srsly can't wait!

To Dries sizing experts - Do his clothing and shoes tend to run true-to-size? Honestly, I don't believe the items on yoox.com are special enough for my first Dries splurge. :(

If I resided in a colder climate this look would be my 'fall uniform'... such exactness and ease to it...I hear it calling my name..!

Dries Van Noten fall 2007.jpg

:shock: :lol: :blush:

And softgrey, found a pic of the mary-janes which are the shy twin to your spunky booties.

Dries Van Noten Gld.jpg

soft--I have that bag too! :lol:

oh my god...
:lol:

i wonder if we look alike as well as dress alike...:P

wow..i LOVE that look from fall07...
i am so sick of this stinking hot weather...
i want to wear boots and scarves and layers...:angry:
:(

WIW(wheneveriwakeup-this is your new nickname-ok?..unless you have a better one...:wink:)

the maryjanes were also available when i got the booties ...
so i tried them on...
i have to say that they weren't attractive on the foot so much...
the heel is a bit too low and they feel 'dumpy'..
*if that's any consolation to you for not getting them...
:P

Yes, the height of the heel always concerned me. Looks as if one would have to wisely consider what outfits to pair with the mary-janes. The heel of the booties must be significantly higher, I assume? Can't wait to see how you wear them, they seem like they'd be very versatile.

:lol: lucky....
We have totally different hair, that's for sure. :P

To Dries sizing experts - Do his clothing and shoes tend to run true-to-size? Honestly, I don't believe the items on yoox.com are special enough for my first Dries splurge. :(

With shoes, there is a lot of size variation from season to season--I own 36, 36.5, and 37. In general, winter shoes seem to run about a half size small and summer shoes are true to size.

The clothes, on the other hand, run consistently large. I'm normally a French 36 but Dries 36--especially in skirts--is at least a size too big for me. :( However, according to the lovely rep at the trunk show, this season is cut narrower than usual.

on that topic...

I know a lot of us here are on the petite side, so I'm curious to know how the sizing works for you guys? I would love to pull off some of the voluminous stuff that luckyme has (like that amazing knit :heart::heart:) but I have so much trouble finding things that fit.:unsure: And I'm not super skinny by any stretch of the imagination :lol:....just very small framed.

really?...
my shoes are all my regular size-38...
and i find them to all fit pretty much the same...:ermm:...

in terms of clothing fit...
i find anything with too much volume difficult to pull off-
mostly due to being vertically challenged-AKA:short!...

but this is true with all designers, not just dries...and esp yohji...

i find that wearing a heel def helps with that...

Thanks Laika. I am tall, not super slim but on the slender so this info. was very helpful. I'd love to do a voluminous look aswell but the hot weather here will not permit it, sadly.

Hmmm, time to go on a Dries quest. Think I might end up with a top or maybe a pr. of shoes. Squee!

^You're welcome! :flower: Can't wait to hear about what you are considering. :woot:

really?...
my shoes are all my regular size-38...
and i find them to all fit pretty much the same...:ermm:...

in terms of clothing fit...
i find anything with too much volume difficult to pull off-
mostly due to being vertically challenged-AKA:short!...

but this is true with all designers, not just dries...and esp yohji...

i find that wearing a heel def helps with that...

Maybe my feet are growing. :shock:

Yohji is easier for me somehow (except for those super wide pants he does)....his proportions just seem to be cut for someone who is shorter/smaller, even when they are oversized. It makes sense since he is only 5'4" and looks great in his own clothes. When I'm able to find my size, his stuff fits me great. :heart:

Dries, and also Veronique Branquinho, just seem to cut for taller people (especially VB--I think she designs for herself). But you are so right that a heel makes all the difference--I am excited to be wearing more heels again this fall. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseaboys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->