Dsquared2 F/W 2004.05 Milan

I don't think it is that bad. A&F is horrible :sick: I'd probably wear DSquared before A&F :ninja:

I loved this show back then. But now, 20 years later, I think, “Were the clothes great, or was it the super-sexy models that made you THINK the clothes were great?” I bought one of the button-ups & sleeveless shirts, and I remember those shirts were about as tight as they look on the runway. Regardless, I’ll take this anyday over what they showed yesterday.

https://youtu.be/T_OiQoML8R8?si=mIFIDtDar-EsOdB1

Thought I'd post some pictures from this collection too, because we have none in this thread.

My archives

I was honestly thinking, "I wonder if Mayaan will come through and beef up this thread." So a million THANK YOUs are in order here. Cheers, my dear....:flower:

I’ve never realized how much Dean and Dan have changed! They are aging perfectly I must say!

One thing that I have always admired about Dsquared is the consistency and the confidence in their aesthetic.

It has definitely evolved in terms of proportion and with less over-design but it still looks familiar.

It’s a particular look but they can literally redo a fresher version of this collection for today and it will probably still work.

They are kind of underrated because their look is not fashion forward and because this kind of eurotrash style can be unappreciated but they are really in a league of their own.

I totally remember these guys doing an interview with....er, what was her name? Jeanne something...where they said the styling was inspired by homeless people, who have to literally wear all of their clothes during the colder months. That commentary would totally not be cool in 2024. I also remember their t-shirts had darting in the back...something that you certainly don't see in your average mens t-shirt.

On a totally unrelated topic...looking at this show and the recent D&G show, I really do wish there were a return to the beefcake & pretty-boy models. I miss seeing the sculpted cheekbones & 20-pack abs on the runway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CREATIVERESEARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->