Dubai shopping

pinkfairy

Reaction score
I'm planning a trip to Dubai in a few weeks & wanted to know - what are the best shopping malls? Is the shopping that much cheaper? and What kind of shopping is available at the airport?

Originally posted by pinkfairy@Sep 8 2004, 10:45 AM
I'm planning a trip to Dubai in a few weeks & wanted to know - what are the best shopping malls? Is the shopping that much cheaper? and What kind of shopping is available at the airport?
[snapback]358987[/snapback]​

interesting! where are you from?

o'well, let's seeee.... wut exactly are you hoping to buy?

Originally posted by Boudoir Belle@Sep 8 2004, 06:37 AM
interesting! where are you from?

o'well, let's seeee.... wut exactly are you hoping to buy?

[snapback]359149[/snapback]​

Hi!

I'm pretty much looking at getting a few bags - dior, gucci and LV.. Other than that it's pretty much just any clothes that I might like. With clothes it's not really the high-end designers I'm into (eg: chanel, dior, armani etc..) but things from more up & coming labels..

Oh & I'm living in Australia - but I have an aunt living in Abu Dabhi & my cultural background is Lebanese!

Originally posted by pinkfairy@Sep 8 2004, 08:19 PM
Hi!

I'm pretty much looking at getting a few bags - dior, gucci and LV.. Other than that it's pretty much just any clothes that I might like. With clothes it's not really the high-end designers I'm into (eg: chanel, dior, armani etc..) but things from more up & coming labels..

Oh & I'm living in Australia - but I have an aunt living in Abu Dabhi & my cultural background is Lebanese!
[snapback]360086[/snapback]​

If you go down to Emirates Towers in Dubai there's a GUCCI boutique, and a shopping paradise called villa moda stocking Alexander Mc Queen, Chloe, Stella Mc Cartney, Prada, MIU MIU, Marni.. and more!!!

Then in the Village Mall, there's a new store called S*UCE (say:sauce) u could check them out at www.shopatsauce.com

Wafi Centre have good shopping too .. A shop called TIGERLILLY, PANTERA and more..

In AL Maktoum St. (I THINK) there's a nice store called Bugatti, worth checking***

ANyway, enjoy ur shopping spreeeee.. Hope u manage to visit em all!!

I don't think that shopping there will actually be much cheaper or even 'cheap' :lol:
Have fun, though! :flower:

Originally posted by shopaholique@Sep 10 2004, 07:19 AM
If you go down to Emirates Towers in Dubai there's a GUCCI boutique, and a shopping paradise called villa moda stocking Alexander Mc Queen, Chloe, Stella Mc Cartney, Prada, MIU MIU, Marni.. and more!!!

Then in the Village Mall, there's a new store called S*UCE (say:sauce) u could check them out at www.shopatsauce.com

Wafi Centre have good shopping too .. A shop called TIGERLILLY, PANTERA and more..

In AL Maktoum St. (I THINK) there's a nice store called Bugatti, worth checking***

ANyway, enjoy ur shopping spreeeee.. Hope u manage to visit em all!!
[snapback]361925[/snapback]​

Thanks for the tips! :heart:

There's a Villa Moda in Kuwait right? If so I have been there a few times so it would be good to check out whats new.

Originally posted by BrothaG@Sep 10 2004, 08:10 AM
I don't think that shopping there will actually be much cheaper or even 'cheap' :lol:
Have fun, though! :flower:
[snapback]361948[/snapback]​

I was under the impression that everything was tax-free... luxury goods in Australia impose huge tax brackets which is why I asked.

Thanks for your input though..

the western stuff really isn't any cheaper. But one good thing is if you need anything tailor made, they do this so well and really, really cheaply, and you can buy gorgeous materials. Try a place called Menna Bazaar if you're into that sort of stuff-I'm not but my Mum is because she has issues about having different clothes to the rest of her friends so she has to get everything made. Personally, I love the City Centre mall. It has a great atmosphere too.

the western stuff really isn't any cheaper. But one good thing is if you need anything tailor made, they do this so well and really, really cheaply, and you can buy gorgeous materials. Try a place called Meena Bazaar if you're into that sort of stuff-I'm not but my Mum is because she has issues about having different clothes to the rest of her friends so she has to get everything made. Personally, I love the City Centre mall. It has a great atmosphere too.

I've been getting emails from a good friend of mine and she is in heaven. Has anyone been? It's currently on now until the 13th of Feb. I plan on visiting Dubai nxt year. I feel like I'm late to this Hong Kong of the Gulf. My friend said we in the West don't have a clue as to what luxury is until you go there. They actually have a website. http://www.mydsf.ae/eng/index.asp

I go between London and Dubai. The festival is great for people like my Mum...really good prices for gold, etc. I'm 20 and I don't find it all that fun-nothing different from when there is no festival. But even when there is no festival, it's still cool for shopping if you know where to go.Dubai's so nice because they really go all out there-with the hospitality, decor, everything.Nothing is too much trouble, it's like they're bred on high standards. I think we have a few members who permenantly live there, they'll be able to tell you more.

Actually i am living half of the year in Dubai. And to tell the truth the shopping festival is a tourist knock off. Old fashion sold for an overpriced discount.and the region is overfilled with tourists.*sick* And still everybody who thinks Dubai is a shopping heaven is right but to be honest and have a comparison to europe. You often pay more for the same item than anywhere else. On the other hand u often find the most eclectic an glamourous models of a collection here that are not ordered anywhere else. So if u want something special go here but if u expect mayor discount u better go somewhere else. If u want i can post a list where to shop.
OK: last word. If u wanna come for jewellery you are indeed very welcome. Nothing beats our prices ;-)

Dubai is a beautiful city, so modern and the weather is awesome!!!! They have some really incredible malls too so it is not necessary to go during Shopping Festival unless you wanna see the fireworks.

I agree with mina bazar suggestion, if you have a sense for design, go there, get materials, show your idea to a tailor, and come backto him around 3 to 4 days later for fittings. There is 2 places my wife and daughter go to on regular basis : Dream Girl & the onenext to it (forgot the name). Dream Girl does a good job but at "tourists" prices the one next door is half the price for similar quality. (Ask anyone in mina bazzar everyone knows the location)
Elbaroco

Shopping Dubai

hi.. i'll be going to dubai (i think im going to be there during the shopping festival).. i would really appreciate tips on where to shop.. mainly for clothing (western or eastern), shoes, and jewellery... thanks :blush: :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I 'd recommend SAKS 5th Avenue in Burjman & Harvey Nichols in the Mall of the Emirates, & they have good discount in all the boutiques & the prices are fair enough.. I mean if you convert the price to $ or Euros it almost the same or maybe cheaper.. the Global Village is intreting place for flok. stuff from all around the world..each country has its own bazar I mean you can find morocan kaftans,indian sari, russian dolls,.....

I wonder if Mall of Dubai is open now??? it the biggest in the world just under Burj Dubai the tallest buiding in the world.

enjoy.. I am going there too

OOOOO im going to dubai soon, i hope a majority of my shopping is clothes :smile:
Is it quite expensive there?

^ Its known everywhere that Dubai is expensive, but to tell you the truth it has everything you need from very cheap to extremely expensive products. So it really depends on where you go to shop.

Its funny how everyone comes to Dubai for shopping, whereas the people of Dubai travel abroad to shop =P

Since I am from Dubai and live here permanently here are a few places for shopping:

Mall of The Emirates (Harvey Nichols)
The Village
Wafi Center
Burjuman Center (Saks Fifth Avenue)
Emirates Towers (Villa Moda)
Mercato

For low-priced materials, accessories, etc. you must check out Mina Bazaar & The Global Village

taz Dubai Mall is not yet opened, the tower itself is still under construction.

Talking about prices, high-end designer stores are usually priced the same as everywhere else. Today, Gucci and some other stores started their sale, but usually most products are gone the first day of sale so I don't think you'll find anything worth buying (on sale) by the time you come.

oooh i lived here for most my life and i can tell you a bit about the shopping here

the best places to go are burjuman they have saks hermes burberry chanel lv zara mango dior a gazillion shoe stores

also theres a places in emirates towers called villa moda which is like a boutique that stores chloe missoni matthew williamson etc, and theyre really good because they tend to bring in pieces that you cant find anywhere else

in general you find about the same prices as in europe, but if you come during the sales you can get really good bargains like my friend just got a bag from lv thats 200 dollars cheaper than the price on the internet..

the gold here is plenty and cheap too

the only thing that u have to be careful is when you go shopping in cheaper places like bazaars etc in karama the indians there can tell you're a foreigner so they'll try and rip you off so always pretend you live here and know the real prices! :D i always go with my friend that speaks indian

anyway good luck and have fun to everyone thats coming here! it really is a beautiful city

oh and sorry mall of the emirates has just about every designer shop but from my experience its a bit more expensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bszzl
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->