Ed Hardy

pacmanpoppin

Reaction score
Hey, I was thinking of buying some Ed Hardy clothes/shoes. Does anyone wear ed hardy? Is this clothing line stylish?

Ed Hardy is very in, unfortuantely it's also very tacky.

Tattoo flash printed on mass-produced clothing seems like it defeats its own purpose, in my opinion.

tangerine said:
Tattoo flash printed on mass-produced clothing seems like it defeats its own purpose, in my opinion.
Agreed, the other day while watching Miami Ink I brainstormed an idea of cashmere turtlenecks and sweaters in neutral colors w/ tattoo embroidery, but contrasting solid neutrals only. I loved the blouses Gaultier showed in his S/S 07 mens line, the tattoo inspired prints screened onto chiffon...Only Gaultier

Sakina...You live in Baltimore, no? When I was around there (well Columbia, Annapolis Mall) Ed Hardy was on EVERYONE, it's a huge trend.

^ Yes, I do live in Baltimore and Ed Hardy and Ed Hardy look-a-likes are everywhere. I haven't been to Annapolis or Columbia mall recently but a lot of deparment stores here carry Ed Hardy. Which is wierd because most department stores here don't carry Seven Jeans, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, or a lot of other well established, trendy brands.

sakina said:
^ Yes, I do live in Baltimore and Ed Hardy and Ed Hardy look-a-likes are everywhere. I haven't been to Annapolis or Columbia mall recently but a lot of deparment stores here carry Ed Hardy. Which is wierd because most department stores here don't carry Seven Jeans, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, or a lot of other well established, trendy brands.
Also, it's carried at Up Against The Wall (one of my personal favorites) so that's definately apart of the distribution...

i have a tshirt. i think its cute. its just a graphic tshirt.

ed hardy is everywhere now.

I actually like some of their pieces. I've bough a hat and a pair of their shoes. The quality isn't that great, but I like the designs. However I only wear those items when I feel lazy lol. I wouldn't go out and buy more because I feel it will be the next Von Dutch.

Its a fad like Von Dutch. It will be OUT next year

i dont know how people are comparing it to von dutch. its nothing like it.

all von dutch is was shirts and caps with the words "von dutch" on them

ed hardy shirts and shoes have illustrations on them and a very small signature. i dont see how they are anything alike. someone help show me the light

Von Dutch was a professional illustrator and pinstriper (among many other things, not all of them savory :wink:)

He had nothing to do with the clothing line, but some of his graphic designs were used (usually the eyeball.)

Both brands were popular in the LA area and could be considered aligned with "car culture" and the post-war (that would be WWII) design "explosion" that happened there. Both lines were adopted by celebs and wannabes trying to buy some street cred, and that is why they are being compared. That's my take, anyway.

tFS member As You Like It wrote a great capsule history of Von Dutch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill put it like this. They are BOTH fads...and are NOT classic material. Move on

I own a few shirts and I am considering buying a jacket. I really like how it looks on me.

I agree with Crakk its a trend a bought a piece I wouldnt advise buying a whole wardrobe unless you have the cash to spend on it I give it another year or so MAX before its completley out. Just like Von Dutch (same guy runs it) Did anyone know Von Dutch Is at WALMART!!! I saw pencil Von Dutch cases there.

GalleriaResident said:
I agree with Crakk its a trend a bought a piece I wouldnt advise buying a whole wardrobe unless you have the cash to spend on it I give it another year or so MAX before its completley out. Just like Von Dutch (same guy runs it) Did anyone know Von Dutch Is at WALMART!!! I saw pencil Von Dutch cases there.

EEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!!!! WALMART! While at least it was a pencil case and not clothing -- how scary!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IIIIII
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->