• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Edward Enninful - Stylist

iperlchen

daisy in my lazy eye
Reaction score
From SHOWstudio
Edward Enninful is London-based stylist and fashion director who works internationally. Born in Ghana, he began a degree at Goldsmith's College, University of London, which he left to become the youngest ever Fashion Editor of i-D. He went on to become a prolific stylist, forging working relationships with a range of acclaimed fashion photographers including Paolo Roversi, Craig McDean, Steven Klein and Philip Lorca Di Corcia. Edward contributes to numerous international fashion magazines and is Contributing Fashion Editor of Italian Vogue, Fashion Editor at Large of Japanese Vogue and Fashion Editor at Large of i-D.

Selected Campaigns
Commes des Garcons, Jil Sander, Armani, Calvin Klein, Fendi, Alessandro Dell'Acqua, Strenesse, Gap, Levis, Hugo Boss, Missoni, Lancôme, Cover Girl, Blumarine and H&M.

vogueital040502011gj.jpg
vogueital02054jk.jpg

for Vogue IT

thumps up, perlefine. i dont recall where i saw that gemma editorial but i remember i liked it. the blueish one is my favorite. :heart:

keep them coming!
asiansmiley.jpg

I'm feeling like a flat tyre, and I can't find the right words to describe his style but I think it's truly inspiring. The editorial from #2 is when the styling first jumped out to me, all the geometric compositions and objects, that's so me. Well, part of :rolleyes: And then the editorials with Gemma, very different, probably because it was in studio and... question. To what extent is it up to the photographer to decide what's in the picture? Anyhow, both styles appeal to me.

vogueital0704trend036sd.jpg

vogueital0704trend062wq.jpg

vogueital0904076te.jpg

vogueital0904142je.jpg

Wouldn't he make a terrifyingly great duo with Bourdin?

thanks for the thread, perlefine.:heart:
i have noticed that he is the name behind some of the best editorials...
for example the (in-)famous hollywood issue of vogue italia by steven meisel (from jedroot.com)^_^:
vogue-0105-celebrity-46.jpg

He gets to work with the world's best photographers using the world's best clothes, how can he fail?! :lol: I do love his work though... :heart: B)

:heart: the first two photos, perlefine! i just had a look at his portfolio and it's very impressive, esp. his collaborations with roversi. also, his i-D work is just brilliant!!!

This thread has been left untouched for over a year. :doh:

Clothes that I thought to be unworthy of my attention before are the ones I fall in love with in Roversi's editorials which again are styled by Enninful. Match made in heaven.

For Vogue IT April 2006 - 'Over-Minimal Over-Refined'

vogueital0406over01ad1.jpg

vogueital0406over02ml7.jpg
vogueital0406over03uz3.jpg

vogueital0406over04ll0.jpg
vogueital0406over05ee5.jpg

vogueital0406over06fm9.jpg

Rep'd by Jed Root, Inc. Check out his work here. I only hope to have this kind of strength behind my showroom requests someday (*sigh*).

Big kudos should go to the art direction behind many of the shoots already posted here. :flower:

From the site:
NEW YORK- At the age of 18, British stylist Edward Enninful was appointed fashion director of i-D magazine, the fashion and style bible responsible for cultivating some of the world's best imagemakers. This appointment made him the youngest ever fashion director to work on an international magazine, a position he still holds today, 14 years later.

As well as i-D, Edward is also contributing editor to Italian and L'uomo Vogue. These posts combined with his current celebrity work for Vanity Fair have made him one of the most sought after stylists in the industry.

Among the photographers with whom he has worked are Steven Meisel, Richard Burbridge, Craig McDean, Steven Klein, Mert and Marcus, Paolo Roversi, Mario Testino, Tesh, Michael Thompson and Ellen Von Unwerth.

As well as his editorial work, Edward has styled numerous runway presentations and advertising campaigns including Dolce And Gabbana, Jil Sander, Calvin Klein, Giorgio Armani, Valentino, Missoni, Anna Molinari Blumarine, Allessandro Del'acqua, H by Hilfiger and Commes Des Garcons, along with beauty giants Lancome, Covergirl and M.A.C.

the Vogue IT editorial is probably my favorite this year. I feel the same as perlefine, I'm not so sure about the selection of the clothes, they could've been the same and looked terrible under a different lense. i think enninful definitely gets a good ride while working with roversi...I'd really like to see more editorials...

enniful is definitely one of my favorite stylists... he does great work. of course, he gets to work wth the best photogs...

i always imagined he was a nice guy even from just looking at his photo... glad to hear its true (thanks acid)

Wouldn't he make a terrifyingly great duo with Bourdin?

OH YEAH! but Bourdin is dead!! I just love Edward's work so much....
heu from which magazine are edit in #2 and #4? Vogue Italia, I guess but which issue?????? I want them!
thanx for the thread and please more pictures...i'll try to find some (heu...one i'll stop promising!)

love his work- he seems to always be behind my favorite editorials. his collaborations with roversi are lovely

soooo soooo good! :woot:

i misread the title and thought this was a photographer thread, and then as i browsed through the pics all i could think was "who did the styling, these clothes are amazing!" :rolleyes:

I-d june-july2002
photo : craig mcdean
style : enninful
model : kate moss

katefan.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicochanvinlabeill
Back