• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Erin Heatherton

Up2Us Sports Celebration of 5 Years of Change Through Sports in NYC

gotceleb.com

Erin Turns Superhero For Tinder's Super Like

FORMER Victoria's Secret Angel Erin Heatherton and Sports Illustrated cover girl Nina Agdal are teaming up to launch Tinder's new feature, Super Like - which allows Tinder users to swipe up to let the profile holder know that they really like them. The model twosome stars in a film - made by the team behind Taylor Swift's Bad Blood video - to show the difference that the new function promises to make to your dating life.

"A 'like', or 'Swipe Right' has long served as an anonymous way to express interest in someone, similar to a glance across the room," Sean Rad, CEO of Tinder, explained today. "Because they're so limited in number, a Super Like, or a 'swipe up', sends a more powerful signal, conveying an especially high level of interest. People like to know that someone finds them special, and we think this will lead to even better matches. In this and future product releases we're focused on maintaining the incredible fun of the Tinder community while providing our users with better tools for making great connections."

"I've always been passionate about connecting with people, so the opportunity to collaborate with the talented team at Tinder is so rewarding," Heatherton added. "What I like most about Tinder is that it has given women the power to decide who has the ability to communicate with them. Super Like enhances these powers by allowing them to invite the people they want to engage with."

And Heatherton isn't the only famous name embracing Tinder. Game of Thrones actress and Vogue cover girl Emilia Clarke revealed this week as she collected her Woman Of The Year prize at the GQ Awards that she intended to use the opportunity to meet new men on the app.

"It's a real privilege to be recognised among all these talented, handsome men," she said as she took to the stage. "I'm going to turn my tinder on now. I'm 'Dragon Baby Mama,' in case you're wondering."

Super Like is available from today to users in Australia, and will roll out globally later this year.

vogue.co.uk

Erin Heatherton attends All Aboard! as W Hotels toasts the upcoming opening of W Amsterdam with 'Captains' Taylor Schilling, Erin Heatherton, Chanel Iman, Coco Rocha and more on the Grand Banks on August 18, 2015 in New York City.

zimbio.com

Supermodel, Nothwest brand ambassador and NFL ambassador Erin Heatherton attends the NFL Women's Style Showdown on behalf of the Northwest on September 24, 2015 in New York City.

zimbio.com

Model Erin Heatherton attends the 2015 Global Citizen Festival to end extreme poverty by 2030 in Central Park on September 26, 2015 in New York City.

zimbio

Erin Heatherton attends a screening of IFC Films' "Asthma" hosted by The Cinema Society and Northwest at Roxy Hotel on October 8, 2015 in New York City.
5A2SB3n.jpg

kWsV6Lc.jpg

zimbio

Self Directed With Erin Heatherton

In our new monthly series, Self Directed, we invite influencers in the world of beauty and fashion to direct their own editorial story and create the looks they love with the glam teams they trust. You’ll learn about their favorite products, best-kept beauty secrets, and more.
While we were chatting with model Erin Heatherton about her love of all things beauty, she said something that immediately struck a chord with us: “Beauty is health.” The idea is simple: If you take care of your insides, your exterior will inevitably reap the benefits. Judging by her dewy skin and shiny hair, it’s clear Heatherton puts a priority on her health. But that’s not to say the Illinois-native doesn’t rely on an arsenal of amazing skincare and makeup products too.
During a recent trip to Los Angeles, Heatherton stopped by the Byrdie offices for a playdate of sorts. After chatting about everything from skincare to her most recent product finds, Heatherton, with help from makeup artist Toby Fleischman and hairstylist Richard Collins, showed us her three favorite beauty looks.

Byrdie: You said on set that beauty is health. Can you elaborate on that a little further?

Erin Heatherton: I’m very into beauty products, skincare, and hair care, and all those fun things. And there’s a certain way health plays into all of that. For me, when people see you and they see you have fresh skin and healthy hair, and that includes your diet, it just makes everything look better. I love products and new things that come out and smell amazing and that are innovative and unique. It’s the fun part of being a girl.

B: What do you do to maintain a healthy lifestyle?

EH: [I get] at least seven hours of sleep and drink water like a champion. The little things I do to nurture my health make the biggest impact in the beauty department.

B: What do you know about health and beauty now that you wish you knew when you were younger?

EH: I guess that’s where the hair comes in. I’d come home from my long, extended stays in Paris or wherever when I first started modeling, and doing all the shows, I didn’t know how important protection was and using good products. Hair to me is everything. You don’t need anything else if you’re having a great hair day and your hair is soft and amazing. Whether you’re blowing your hair out every day or are exposed to high-stress conditions like I am as a model, you want to make sure you're using something that is protecting your hair from the sun and keeping it hydrated. For that, I use all Christophe Robin products. I also use Oribe. I use the dry shampoo, and the heat protection lotion is amazing, and the split end treatment is incredible, and the gold oil.

B: What was your last beauty discovery?

EH: The Kate Somerville experience really blew me away. A friend referred me because I needed a facial when I was in L.A., and it was just unbelievable. On Amazon, I just discovered this product from Vapour Organic Beauty called Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation. It’s just dope. It’s great color, and usually organic products don’t compete well with other brands in terms of quality, and it breathes and is just effortless. And it’s also hydrating, which is important.

B: What’s your go-to look for a night out?

EH: It’s really basic. For me it’s some blush, curled lashes, and maybe a dusted copper on the eyes. I can just curl my lashes and put some blush on, and some tinted lip balm, and I’m good to go.

B: Are you into beauty DIYs? If so, which ones are your favorites?

EH: It happens in the kitchen a lot. One time I was at a friend’s house and my skin felt really dry, and they had honey in their cupboard, so I took the honey and some Greek yogurt and put it on my face. And coconut oil! If you have a jar of coconut oil you have half your beauty routine covered. You definitely need two separate jars—one for cooking and one for beauty.

B: Your brother is in medical school for dermatology. What life-changing skincare lessons have you learned from him?

EH: Jeff has always advised me not to overuse products. Sometimes using too many products can irritate the skin. A couple times a week, when my skin isn't terribly overworked, the best thing is to rinse my face with warm water. Also, eat plenty of foods rich in vitamin A to help keep my skin clear.

GO FOR THE BRONZE

“Copper on my eyelids without mascara and a little bit of blush to me is so ’60s glam. I think it’s really fresh and sexy, but still understated.” — Erin Heatherton

GET THE LOOK

“I smudged a copper cream shadow all over [Erin's] lid and blended it under her bottom lashes. To create the glossy effect, I used a thick lip gloss on top to add shine. I kept the rest of the face in the bronze tones to really let her features be the star and have that glossy eye pop.” — Toby Fleischman

RED HOT

“The red lip is definitely fun, and I think it’s so classy to have it with a clean eye and just curled lashes. One of my policies is to choose one thing. So if you’re going to do a red lip, it should just be a red lip and keep the rest clean. It’s so sophisticated and fresh.” — Erin Heatherton

GET THE LOOK

“I mixed a shimmery gold luminizer in with a thick balm moisturizer so that the reflecting particulars would really pick up the light. Blending it onto the eyelids, on the tops of her cheekbones, above the brow, and on her cupid's bow, the glossiness really lit up Erin's complexion. I lined the lips with pencil and added the matte lip color all over with a brush. Then, Erin even taught me a little trick she learned from the Queen Pat McGrath. She pressed more product into the lip with her finger to really create a more dense color.” — Toby Fleischman

BLUSHING BEAUTY

“Ages ago, Pat McGrath was doing this look, and the main part of it was that the blush went up next to the eye and even on the forehead a little bit. It just looks so beautiful.” — Erin Heatherton

GET THE LOOK

“I started with a cream blush and blended it onto the middle of her cheeks, up into her hair line and then into the outer half of her lid and up onto the temple. Then I went over it with a brighter powder blush to really blend the color and add some dimension in these areas. Blending it in these upwards directions really lifts the features and creates a ‘halo,’ if you will, that gave Erin an ethereal glow.” — Toby Fleischman

byrdie.com

Curve Sport featuring Erin Heatherton

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petite
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->