Favourite Disney Film!

oh pretty hard to choose just one since there are so many great disney films, so i'll say mmm... The little mermaid & The sword in the stone ^_^

Oh my! I cannot pick just one!! I really wish Disney still made movies like they used to!

I adore Peter Pan (i wanted to fly when I was little). I also love The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast - I think most girls (at least I did) knew all of the songs by heart!

Goodness in Female Disney Characters

I googled female disney characters and i got some lists of negatives of female Disney characters :angry:....eg: helplessness

what are the good characteristics you find in female Disney characters....:flower::heart:

Belle:smart,well read,compassionate
Ariel:strong willed..
i'll think of more!

what about cinderella - devotion, kind heart, humbleness. i don't know if i would put up with such treatment from step mother/sisters. :P

speaking of disney princesses, am super excited about Enchanted!!

I love all of them!:flower:

The first one I saw was The Jungle Book. My mom always had to fast-foward that big fire at the end. :blush:

I voted Snow White. I was obsessed with her and collected everything Snow White. :heart: I used to watch it every single day.:flower:

Belle all the way! She read, was independent, dedicated to her father, and fell in love with a guy because of his personality. Kudos to her for resisting conformity, especially when it came to Gaston.

I couldn't stand Arial though.

Heh, I tend to be the opposite, I adore Ariel but I dislike the stereotype of the brunette girl being the bookish, "intelligent" one (with blondes in the background being the airheads). As a whole I do really love Beauty and the Beast as a film, though.

I googled female disney characters and i got some lists of negatives of female Disney characters :angry:....eg: helplessness

what are the good characteristics you find in female Disney characters....:flower::heart:
Ehh I'm so sick of that :yuk: The Disney princesses (even the classic, more "passive" heroines such as Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora), they are all much better role models than the other ones being marketed to little girls - Barbie, Bratz, Polly Pocket... air-headed, eternally perky, usually gadgety, fashion-obsessed, spoiled female figures.

And Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Esmerelda, Meg from Hercules, Mulan, they're quite incredible heroines that remain role models for me - Ariel has personality to burn, doesn't let anyone stop her from her dreams and saves her prince first, not vice versa; Jasmine's fiery and independent, very intelligent and often outwits people trying to manipulate her; Mulan rejects convention, risks her own life to save her father and is smarter than any of the men that she goes to war with; I could go on.

No matter how good the role models are in Disney films, there will always be some so-called "feminists" in the background complaining and nitpicking films that bring so much joy and inspiration to so many people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love Disney movies in general. I guess it's because they're so fun and colourful. And I love to sing along to the songs too!!

"Under the sea, under the sea...."

I voted other because I didn't know whether to vote for one or another. I haven't even seen my most favorite ones since years ago. Sleeping Beauty was my favorite Disney princess but I don't know whether I would definitely pick that one or Alice In Wonderland or another one. I need to rewatch them. I miss pre computer animation movies.

I loved Sleeping Beauty when I was a child.
But I watched again a couple of weeks ago.
That movie is soo f*****n boring....

I voted for Who was the glad in gladiator?..... HERCULEEEES! (best move I've ever seen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->