• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Feeling out of sync.

pavement

Reaction score
This keeps happening to me all the time. I get really overly into a certain look or article of clothing, and then a year later it hits big. But by that time I'm tired of it. It's frustrating because a) I don't want to even look at it anymore, and b) it should would have been nice to have so many options available when I wanted them.

Does this happen to anyone else? I sometimes theorize that taking a year off would help. :argg:

I think it does happen to me. I usually fall in love with only a few trends or collections. I'm crazy about them for a while (usually a year, like you described), and then when it getting more attention I don't find it intriguing at all, infact I find it ugly.

Then when the trend's been gone for a couple of seasons I might find myself lusting after it again.

I have always loved minimalism and black. I was first excited about it becoming a trend (easier to buy clothes) but now I find myself wanting colours to my wardrobe.

Sometimes I also feel that I buy one item of clothing thinking "oh, this looks good. I haven't seen this around much, and it doesn't seem to be becoming a big trend". Then after a couple of months, and ta-da! It's everywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciagatti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->