gints apsits - graphic designer, illustrator and more

Estella*

a dim capacity for wings
Reaction score
www.apsits.com
Besides working as art director, illustrator & graphic designer, Gints have been directing and animating internationally awarded commercials and short movies.

Based in Riga (Latvia). He is freelancing for local and international clients directly either trough agencies, design and production studios.

Since finished Fabrica (Benettons research and communication centre, Italy) have been working for clients like Diesel, Killerloop, United Colors of Benetton, Kessels Kramer, DDB, McCann-Erickson, Colors.

Works have been exhibited and screened all around the world including Japan, UK, Italy, Portugal, Germany, France, Norway and many more.

BIOGRAPHY

Gints Apsits was born in 1977 in a little town with a biggest mental hospital in Latvia. At the age of fifteen he had to visit the mental asylum as a patient. "It was because they mistook my genius for some kind of illness", Gints jokes and continues: ''My father taught me excellent graphic design because he was a truck driver. Huge mental asylum in my hometown gave me some artistic mentality. Since early childhood everybody wanted to lock me away in some art school, but I felt natural born antipathy to standard education; at one point they succeeded, and during my 4 years in an art school I learned how not to do things. Advertising industry taught me to think fast about things I didn't want to think about at all. At Fabrica I realized that the best ideas come without using the head.”

When he was nineteen he started to work as an art director in several Latvian advertising agencies such as Young & Rubicam 4x4 and Brandsellers DDB. In 2001 he joined the Fabrica graphic design department with the mission to find himself back again. During his presence at Fabrica, Gints approached several disciplines such as graphic design, video, animation and illustration. He developed numerous projects for Colors Magazine and international fashion brands as Killerloop & TheHipSite (Benetton), took care of the visual communication for Paradise from Vocalbox, a project by Fabrica Musica and Koichi Makigami in collaboration with the Institute of Living Voice in Antwerp and directed the short film The Bonedancer. For the last 2 years successfully freelances as a film director, graphic designer, illustrator and multimedia artist.

His works have been published in several books, DVD's, annuals and magazines (Shots, Creative Review, Colors), as well as exhibited in London, Bologna, Tokyo, Lisbon. Award winning animations have been screened worldwide in up to 50 film festivals around the globe.

/Jeans-Batiste Sorteny/

ads

06_apsits.jpg

07_apsits.jpg

08_apsits.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:o These are so interesting... The colours/lighting kind of remind me of being in the past, like at my parents' home or my childhood (it also reminds me of the movies, Les Triplettes de Belleville and Amélie). I would love to see the photo with the wheelbarrows as a movie...

OHOH i love it! :woot: the image with the wheelbarrow is now my desktop background ^_^

thank you e, as always, for bringing us lovely lovely artwork!

I love the way the pictures have this nostalgic texture about them.... lovely...

Thanks Estella!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->