Great Bags Under $500

cloud9

blue
Reaction score
alright..

people save up and buy the bag of their dreams...
not all of us are rich enough to buy EVERYTHING we want..
(lets see.. chloe paddington, hermes birkin, and thats already well over 10K B) )
so why not make a thread about great bags that will make our bank a/c happy?

post some great bags youve found.. under $500!!

here are some bags ive found ^_^

b08361_lg.jpg
cole haan 250

b08490_lg.jpg
cole haan 295

9911_s.jpg
tano bags 159

Nice idea cloud9! I'm looking forward to seeing this thread develop :flower:

My favorite sites to shop for 500 and under handbags are www.adasa.com and www.pinkmascara.com

Pinkmascara has a fab collection of Kooba bags which are on sale right now, so you guys might want to check that out.

What I like from Adasa are some of the Isabelle Fiore limited editions and the Not Rational Handbags. (I've got a Nu Bronze Not Rational Gladys bag which I love to pieces EVEN THOUGH the metallic stuff is chipping off!)

nova said:
My favorite sites to shop for 500 and under handbags are www.adasa.com and www.pinkmascara.com

Pinkmascara has a fab collection of Kooba bags which are on sale right now, so you guys might want to check that out.

What I like from Adasa are some of the Isabelle Fiore limited editions and the Not Rational Handbags. (I've got a Nu Bronze Not Rational Gladys bag which I love to pieces EVEN THOUGH the metallic stuff is chipping off!)

thanks for the link :woot:

i like this from kooba.... didnt know kooba had such good bags...
its a bit of mulberry and a bit of chloe...
and definitely way closer to my budget.....
jclstyleinc_1830_1850360

There is this Spanish brand called Mango that sells really gorgeous clothes and bags. Their bags for this season are not that good as the previous ones(unfortunately, there is also Balenciaga knock-off :doh: ), but there are some groovy finds!

I belive there are also some pretty good finds from Coach.
This may be slightly off topic - I always wait for Bottege Veneta to be on sale, there are some good finds going at slightly above $500. I got my hobo at $550, and it was marked down from $1030, so I think that was really a steal. :woot:

that kooba bag reminds me of the chloe silverados...:innocent:

cloud9 said:
thanks for the link :woot:

i like this from kooba.... didnt know kooba had such good bags...
its a bit of mulberry and a bit of chloe...
and definitely way closer to my budget.....
jclstyleinc_1830_1850360

cloud, I'm waiting impatiently for that bag to come out in white with gold whipstitching. You can see it on www.koobabags.com

My friend owns a Kooba bag and they are superb quality, beautifully stylish, and, most importantly, a fantastic price :woot:.

Maxi

A lot of Jamin Puech bags are under or around $500 and the quality is usually good. Their website has a listing of JP boutiqes, but the collection page hasn't been updated for a while...you can also buy them at netaporter and at Neiman Marcus stores.

www.jamin-puech.com

meowmix said:
that kooba bag reminds me of the chloe silverados...:innocent:

What's weird is that I actually like the Kooba version better than the Silverados--I can't stand snakeskin because I'm phobic of snakes! Just a personal preference. :flower:

There's lots of awesome bags $500 and under! ^_^

Marc by Marc Jacobs/Sophie Cube Carryall/$298
p10700342_ph_hero.jpg

Elliot Lucca/Woven Leather Hobo/$148
NMV4240_mn.jpg

Marciano/Studded Leather Tote/$178
PM0274-CHCE-RF.jpg

American Eagle/Straw Tote/$29.50
0427_7212_905.jpg

I bought it months ago but am still in love with my BCBG sig. hobo that was 362.

Attachments

• bcbgbag.JPG
    bcbgbag.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 33
Maxi said:
cloud, I'm waiting impatiently for that bag to come out in white with gold whipstitching. You can see it on www.koobabags.com

My friend owns a Kooba bag and they are superb quality, beautifully stylish, and, most importantly, a fantastic price :woot:.

Maxi

ooh white/gold combo sounds amazing ^_^
post a pic when you get it?

also.
have you ever seen a kooba bag in person?
the pictures they have on their website only shows them from one angle..
i saw some kooba auctions on ebay and apparently, their "studded" bags had a huge square metal tag with KOOBA on the sides...
i dont know if its just for their studded collection, or if all their bags are like that?
because it will be a real turn off for me if they have a huge gold metal tag on the other side of this bag... :unsure:

cloud9 said:
have you ever seen a kooba bag in person?
the pictures they have on their website only shows them from one angle..
i saw some kooba auctions on ebay and apparently, their "studded" bags had a huge square metal tag with KOOBA on the sides...
i dont know if its just for their studded collection, or if all their bags are like that?
because it will be a real turn off for me if they have a huge gold metal tag on the other side of this bag... :unsure:

I have a few Kooba bags and none of them have metal tags. They have a leather emobbosed tag/rectangle sewn on the side or back. They're barely visible.

I do love Kooba's "Kim" bag though! Metal tag or not! :D

i have issues with spending more than $200 on a bag...
i do have a few that are quite pricey...but generally...i think it's a waste of money to spend that much on a bag...especially if you have several and you don't use them everyday...unless you love it and will use it for the rest of your life...

there are plenty of great vintage bags that are unique and cna be had for a fraction of a designer bag...

softgrey said:
i have issues with spending more than $200 on a bag...
i do have a few that are quite pricey...but generally...i think it's a waste of money to spend that much on a bag...especially if you have several and you don't use them everyday...unless you love it and will use it for the rest of your life...

there are plenty of great vintage bags that are unique and cna be had for a fraction of a designer bag...

softgrey, thats why i started this thread.. :wink:

i felt like majority of our TFS threads were dedicated to high-end designer bags.. i dont have anything against them, they are lovely and of excellant quality. but since not everyone can / is willing to drop 1k on every single bag they buy, i thought we needed a thread dedicated to our everyday affordable bags...

i set 500 as the threshold because i felt like 500 is the maximum amount that most people-even college students- will feel (somewhat) reasonable in saving up to buy one bag that they love. with 500 you can also find cheaper designer bags, or designer bags on sale.........

Jenny5150 said:
I have a few Kooba bags and none of them have metal tags. They have a leather emobbosed tag/rectangle sewn on the side or back. They're barely visible.

I do love Kooba's "Kim" bag though! Metal tag or not! :D

ahh thank god.. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonandluna
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->