Gucci F/W 2024.25 Milan

This collection was the equivalent of a Meghan Trainor single: commercial and basic.
It’s very much giving B-list celebrity red-carpet wear. He literally took Elie Saab or Jenny Packham sequined gowns and cut them into mini dresses. He doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Sales at Gucci are still going down… It is super hard to surpass Michele’s success and I don’t think it will happen with Sabato. This is literally nothing. Some cute pieces here and there but there’s no fashion factor. There’s not even the gimmick factor (which is already very demodé). There’s nothing. They need someone as big as Phoebe and there are no names left that would like to take the role, so I guess it will keep going downhill for a couple of years.

Completely uninspired. I think Gucci is such a hard house to design for. The image they have is beyond tacky and they have one of the most burned-out and horrible logos and monograms out there.

Anything with that logo screams cheap. I would not like to wear something by Gucci even if it got it for free.

I remember the strong style of Michele and that kind of fantasy we need. This shows has good pieces but Gucci was more than that.

After a 3rd viewing of my biggest screen in ultra 4k; it's terrible and should have never been showed.
They should have ditched/passed the season; every single item is off.
When you have nothing to say, please say nothing, close the shop.

This collection felt more Spring to me, than the menswear stuff- which I loved.
I absolutely loved the staging and runway show location they chose. I loved the show's production and enjoyed the model casting, although I do wonder who the "new" gucci girls will be for modern audiences. I know these pieces will have great PR and be well placed in editorial; and it being this early for Sabato we are still just getting a glimpse of what he's able to do.

That said, im listening....

Late night thought: I think that they've observed the poor reception towards Ancora and are trying to win back the Michele customer along with their newer target audience. The colour palette and the prints are very 70s influenced. The lace dresses and embroidered pieces also harken back to Michele's earlier collections as creative director. Of course the ideas here are done with a much more "immediately commercial" approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->