PfgdD8L.jpeg

puPzjjW.jpeg

hy9UHCk.jpeg

ZEpA6A0.jpeg

2riwz4a.jpeg

B2jA4Vd.jpeg

CJOJFqL.jpeg

Credits: gettyimages.com / vogue.com / pinterest.com

nah but for real, compare how dowdy and 'grande dame' she looks in chanel versus how young and flattering she looks in galliano. miles apart. he just knowssss how to dress women

But isn't it because of the styling? She would have looked much better if wore it the way it was shown on runway. The dark colors also don't work for her, she benefits from vibrant and light tones that contrast with her hair.

I know the pricing of couture is kept confidential, but I'm curious to know how impacted it is by inflation? And the fact that these fashion houses have been selling RTW for tens of thousands of dollars...does the couture pricing also regularly go up with these increases?

I know the pricing of couture is kept confidential, but I'm curious to know how impacted it is by inflation? And the fact that these fashion houses have been selling RTW for tens of thousands of dollars...does the couture pricing also regularly go up with these increases?

I know Chanel couture is way more expensive than what it was in the early 2000's, I assume it´s the same for the other fashion houses.

A few years ago (three or so) I was working for an important couture house and the starting prices were something like this (I don't remember exactly, but you get the idea). I guess they didn't rise them a lot.

Skirt: 20K
Jacket: 30-50K
Short dress: 40 to 60K
Basic flou gown: 80/90K
Wedding dress: the most basic one starting from 100K

Those were like the starting prices, and then they would be more expensive depending on the embroideries, which is what really makes the difference price wise. I remember once they were doing a 1,5M wedding dress, lol.

A few years ago (three or so) I was working for an important couture house and the starting prices were something like this (I don't remember exactly, but you get the idea). I guess they didn't rise them a lot.

Skirt: 20K
Jacket: 30-50K
Short dress: 40 to 60K
Basic flou gown: 80/90K
Wedding dress: the most basic one starting from 100K

Those were like the starting prices, and then they would be more expensive depending on the embroideries, which is what really makes the difference price wise. I remember once they were doing a 1,5M wedding dress, lol.
Oh wow, thanks for all of this info!

I will say, that much for a wedding dress doesn't totally shock me. I distinctly remember seeing an editorial from a foreign fashion magazine with this Dior S/S 2012 Couture gown and they actually listed the price: just under a million euros...and that was in 2012.
women_Dior_HC_SS2012_Look_40-resp1200v.jpg
orient palm

Tbh, most of the times I was like :unsure: I remember one client purchasing a 200K simple midi red dress in wool/silk crepe. It was like from the permanent collection (around 6K). I couldn't even tell the difference.

Oh wow, thanks for all of this info!

I will say, that much for a wedding dress doesn't totally shock me. I distinctly remember seeing an editorial from a foreign fashion magazine with this Dior S/S 2012 Couture gown and they actually listed the price: just under a million euros...and that was in 2012.
View attachment 1269982
orient palm
a million euros? for that monstrosity? lmao

213.- America - Venezuela - Fabiola Beracasa Beckman

Daughter of couture client Veronica Hearst. She got married wearing a Givenchy Haute Couture gown.
She wore her mother's Dior couture dress to the Met Gala 2024.

YDAMkpY.jpeg

xQkePVH.jpeg

EJRnnHY.jpeg

PJGjfLY.jpeg

NhFHHuH.jpeg

ifa2B3T.jpeg

11q3Zsp.jpeg

pr6Cbn8.jpeg

y9S50Ej.jpeg

7pRGviW.jpeg

ZnEfSiQ.jpeg

dka2gTP.jpeg

Credits: bfa.com / itgirl.mx / the-polyglot.blogspot.com / drive.google.com / instagram.com / vogue.com / justdubrovnik.com / pinterest.com / youtube.com

213.- America - Venezuela - Fabiola Beracasa Beckman

Daughter of couture client Veronica Hearst. She got married wearing a Givenchy Haute Couture gown.
She wore her mother's Dior couture dress to the Met Gala 2024.

YDAMkpY.jpeg

xQkePVH.jpeg

EJRnnHY.jpeg

PJGjfLY.jpeg

NhFHHuH.jpeg

ifa2B3T.jpeg

11q3Zsp.jpeg

pr6Cbn8.jpeg

y9S50Ej.jpeg

7pRGviW.jpeg

ZnEfSiQ.jpeg

dka2gTP.jpeg

Credits: bfa.com / itgirl.mx / the-polyglot.blogspot.com / drive.google.com / instagram.com / vogue.com / justdubrovnik.com / pinterest.com / youtube.com

she looks the same age as her mum :rolleyes:

Group of same pieces Veronica owned were sold some years ago on auction

and there were a couple hard to id the season
(credited as HC SS 99) (modified HC or rtw?)
cornettedesaintcyr.fr
There also were Alek's and pink chiffon day dress assian girl wore but without origami flowers from SS 2007. Can't find photos right now

It is Liisa Winkler's orange one from FW 99 done in white. Same versions in white were in SS 2000 rtw. So interesting to see its label if it is really modified HC and then they backstabbed her by releasing almost identical in rtw. It was credited as HC I think, that site is down now to check again

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->