Haute Couture F/W 2022.23 Open Discussion Thread

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
The Fall 2022 haute couture schedule is out! I've started a thread for the provisional schedule, which can be viewed here.

According to WWD... the upcoming season (held from July 4th through to the 7th) will mark the first time since the global pandemic that all 29 fashion houses will show in person:

Last edited by a moderator:
Off the bat, I’m looking forward to Schiaparelli. I was not in love with the last haute couture collection, but I have high hopes for Roseberry’s second physical show since the pandemic. Other than that, I am interested to see Armani Privé, Rousteing’s take on Gaultier, Alexandre Vauthier, and even Demna’s second stab at couture.

Also, I thought Givenchy was going to have a haute couture collection and show ?

Excited for Balenciaga and Margiela. It feels like Galliano hasn't really done anything in forever

Same, and also Schiaparelli.

I'm curious to see how Roseberry keeps up with the momentum and if he can break away from the black with gold jewelry and hardware combo that is beginning to get a wee bit boring.

I guess I could say the same thing regarding my interest in Balenciaga. I did quite like Demna's couture debut although I was not as quick as others to praise him for designing clothes I thought he should have already been doing from the beginning. Excited to see if/how he builds on it.

Regarding Margiela, even though Galliano hasn't done a show in a while I feel he's gotten the label to a really wonderful place. The clothes in stores now are an utter delight and he himself seems to be in top form both mentally and creatively. I can't wait to see his return to the runway and how his next chapter at Margiela unfolds.

I thought they kicked Balenciaga off the schedule and Givenchy postponing a third time is not a good sign.
Also, the Margiela show better be good, because those videos TRAUMATISED all of us.

I thought they kicked Balenciaga off the schedule and Givenchy postponing a third time is not a good sign.
Also, the Margiela show better be good, because those videos TRAUMATISED all of us.

Ah so Givenchy postponed. Perhaps for the better.

Givenchy: Officially Postponed. Does anyone have any inside knowledge of why?

The haute couture show that was meant to take place this July—and would have been Williams’s made-to-measure debut—has been put on hold indefinitely. Asked if the looks he had been working on for that collection will filter into his next ready-to-wear show, Williams laughed: “I don’t wanna talk about that! It will be worth the wait,” he vowed, referring to his eventual couture launch.
VOGUE RUNWAY

Givenchy: Officially Postponed. Does anyone have any inside knowledge of why?

VOGUE RUNWAY
No idea, but I think that it might have something to do with the his debut solo Menswear show in June. Givenchy sales have skyrocketed in the menswear department, so I'm guessing that they want to put a focus on that.

No Versace couture this season or is it going to be a lookbook?

A preview of Chanel:

It seems like MM is only doing couture and RTW once a year now. This season is labelled as just "Artisanal 2022" :( I need more frequent Galliano skdjnskefjvsl

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->