How do you identify yourself?

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 13th, 2004 - 1:13 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 13th, 2004 - 1:13 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-punkie@Mar 13th, 2004 - 9:06 pm
Discovering this in my late 20s is a huge disadvantage though :( That is why I like to be known by the tFS'ers by my ALTEREGO's style classification :heart:
oh please don't say that punkie, dont be unfair with yourself :(
discovering that you are 'passionate' about fashion at your late 20's
is not a disadvantage at all .. it may even be an advantage you know... :wink: [/b][/quote]
Lena Thanks, hun :flower: This forum has helped me learn a lot of things and to be more detail oriented. I hope it helps me move forward with this love affair that I am starting to have with fashion ! Then, it won't be too late :wink:

soft! thank you too....I am sure I can learn a lot from you too. :flower:

When Karl started doing Lagerfeld Gallery I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I'm very much the girl he does for that collection. Jeans, jackets, a bit of androgyny, blahblahblah.

So not avant-garde although I do dable in that world if a jacket or top really strikes me and fits into the above somehow.

I think I'd lean towards the fashion elite type ... maybe cuz I think everything can be wearable (if done properly) ... the thing's I've always thought of myself of a person with a style rather than a trend-follower (though in some ocassions I'd like to think of myself as a trend-setter) :blush:
Anyhow ... I think I'm a bit confused ... that paragraph seems to part the Red Sea (and we all aren't fishes)

"Fashion elite", I think. :wink:

*I don't like "typical clothes." I prefer ones ahead of its time. New silhouette, very experimental. But I have to admit I like some strong classic looks (Ralph Rucci). :blush:

i like classic pieces, i like looking lady-like. i'm very girly. i draw inspiration from the 1940's-60's. that's why i was so excited over "return of the lady" recently in most collections.

I thought this topic was going to be a quiz. :( Which member of the avant-garde are you? :lol:

At this point in time, I can affordf neither the fashion elite nor the avant-garde. But if I could I would mix it up. Right now I'm a not-very-monied college student straddling the thrift stores and chain shops.

Originally posted by HBoogie@Mar 14th, 2004 - 12:55 am
I thought this topic was going to be a quiz. :( Which member of the avant-garde are you? :lol:

At this point in time, I can affordf neither the fashion elite nor the avant-garde. But if I could I would mix it up. Right now I'm a not-very-monied college student straddling the thrift stores and chain shops.
it's not supposed to be about how much money you spend on clothes, more about your choice of wardrobe and your personal style...which do you prefer... :flower:

i chant my mantra which is my signature...courtesy of chrsitian dior himself :heart:

"it is not money...etcetera, etcetera, etcetera" (that's my imitation of yul brenner in the king and i) :lol:

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Mar 14th, 2004 - 1:35 am
i guess fashion elite?not sure...maybe someone could choose for me :flower:
B) that's why i didn't put the topic as fashion elite but avante garde...because i think everyone would like to consider themselves elite and you all are...imo

but pradaromance...please don't take this the wrong way, i'd say you are a fashionista if ever there was one...i truly mean that in the best possible way...you've got all the hottest pieces from all the hottest collections and you are always right on trend...and fabulously so, i might add...i love it! :heart: :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 14th, 2004 - 9:01 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 14th, 2004 - 9:01 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-HBoogie@Mar 14th, 2004 - 12:55 am
Right now I'm a not-very-monied college student straddling the thrift stores and chain shops.
it's not supposed to be about how much money you spend on clothes, more about your choice of wardrobe and your personal style...which do you prefer... :flower:
[/b][/quote]
absolutely, it certainly is not about money.. i never spend much on clothes, personal taste and a good eye for mixing up is all we need HBoogie :flower:

I don't think I qualify for avant garde or fashionista... I'm a basics kind of guy. If I have to squeeze into these categories, I believe I think avant garde but act fashionista, if that makes sense.

Besides, I don't take it so seriously anyway. It's just clothes anyway.

On a side note, something which really can annoy me tremendously is when people start judging, analyzing and intellectualizing clothes and choices too much. Like this guy who was disgusted by this person wearing Helmut Lang and a Louis Vuitton bag... You shouldn't mix minimalistic labels with "maximalistic" luxe labels because the philosophy behind them clashes. Oh purleaze.

I mean, I also know a lot of "useless" information about designers and houses, but...

Originally posted by tott@Mar 14th, 2004 - 12:42 pm
I don't think I qualify for avant garde or fashionista... I'm a basics kind of guy. If I have to squeeze into these categories, I believe I think avant garde but act fashionista, if that makes sense.

Besides, I don't take it so seriously anyway. It's just clothes anyway.

On a side note, something which really can annoy me tremendously is when people start judging, analyzing and intellectualizing clothes and choices too much. Like this guy who was disgusted by this person wearing Helmut Lang and a Louis Vuitton bag... You shouldn't mix minimalistic labels with "maximalistic" luxe labels because the philosophy behind them clashes. Oh purleaze.

I mean, I also know a lot of "useless" information about designers and houses, but...
you are a bit avant guard tott
in a rather refined and totally relaxed way and i like that.

from both times i met you i'd say you dress in a non forced 'elegant' way
with discreet unexpected twists which i loved.

tres chic :heart:

:lol: he hasnt got a clue, thats such an ancient trend.. he's stuck in the -early- nineties.. poor lost soul :(
people mix everything in any possible imaginative and creative way..
that's what today's style is all about. Total label looks are a fashion crime...
Call the style police :lol:

How about labelling oneself as 'individual' or one-of-a-kind? Avant-garde,commercial,thrift,vintage whatever...it really all should boil down to individuality. I think I'd much prefer that title of style come to think of it,because its more so about eclecticism. Avant-Garde for me,is really just a way of thinking and choosing things that are outside the parameters of industry trends and rules.

I don't fit into either of those categories. I guess I'm a fashion minimalist. :lol: I don't believe that you should put too much effort into looking good. I think that some people in either of the categories you just mentioned can often have that "tries too hard" look.

Hmm...I'm not sure; never really thought about it I guess... :unsure:
I have a feeling I'm not particularly avant garde though.

Well it really depends on my mood - some days avant garde others fashionsta, is that allowed? Who cares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->