i-D October 2005 : Gemma Ward by Nick Knight

^seems as if others share your feelings....
i don't know, maybe i don't know enough sites with a similar approach but i've always been amazed by the energy they put into everything and i've seen some things there that i hadn't seen before in my life ... like that installation where nick knight and mcqueen created a pre-raffaelitic angel face out of .... worms ... a moving process of beauty in decay etc....
and then i discovered some artists i really liked, like lena modigh, through their portfolio series...
i was happy to see they installed a forum, but it has really disappointed me so far...

sorry for going off-topic:ninja:

metal-on-metal said:
Yeah! Those vintage covers are amazing. i-D's covers this year have been very uncommercial, from the close-up shot of the 8 year old boy in February, to the greased-up Diana Dondoe on July, to this. It's refreshing in a time when other magazines only concern themselves with the bottom line--and alienate many of their longtime readers in the process.
i agree

liberty33r1b said:
sounds really good, but the cover is a bit odd....

I totally agree. I don't fancy the cover.

glad you've gotten something out of it anna k. i just find it to be all a bit contrived at times, and sometimes just plain confusing. i don't like the layout of their site at all, it completely puts me off. i'm not saying i don't like anything they do...just find they can get overhyped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->