Interview Russia December 2011 : Leonardo DiCaprio by Brigitte Lacombe & Richard Phillips

^ Why are they using the old masthead? It looks O.K...I guess my opinion on it depends on whether it was meant to look intentionally dated or not.

W/e, at least this probably means good news for the US version financially, which is all I care about.

^ Why are they using the old masthead? It looks O.K...I guess my opinion on it depends on whether it was meant to look intentionally dated or not.

I don't see a problem with the old masthead (actually, I kind of like the classic masthead).

Leo just makes me think of the poster for Risky Business though. :lol:

I guess it's because there's no involvement of Fabien Baron on the Russian edition.. He's the one responsible with the revised one, no?

I don`t like it. Why him? It`s the Inaugural issue. Some model could have been more perfect! I don`t like the colors, the text and the masthead. I think the new masthead looks more sophisticated than this one.

This could pass like a regular issue. I`ve had high hopes on this one but this turned me down. Hoping for a multi-cover issue.

I love the old vibe from this cover. For me it's a sharp shot for the cover...

I'm quite disappointed. I definitely was expecting something more.

This cover definitely takes me back to the 90s Interview era. Must be because of the old masterhead. :lol:^_^ I kind of like this one. Although Leo for an inaugural issue?

^ Why are they using the old masthead?
That was my first thought as well...I don't like the old logo at all. Anyway, the cover isn't doing much for me but I'll wait till I see the contents to judge. I have high expectations since Alyona is the EIC.

The only question I have is that will Interview Russia feature models or Russian & International celebrities on the cover?

lol he looks like a vampire and the image looks dated as well as the masthead (intentional or not), don't like it

That was my first thought as well...I don't like the old logo at all. Anyway, the cover isn't doing much for me but I'll wait till I see the contents to judge. I have high expectations since Alyona is the EIC.

Me too, but honestly I don't know what to expect. My biggest wish is too see less celebrity contents and more fashion ones :lol:

Painter Richard Phillips also worked for the cover.

I have to say I feel disappointed, it looks like a vintage magazine (I think old logo causes this) and I'm never a fan of vintage. Leonardo DiCaprio is surprising choice, I thought Naomi would be on the cover, since she & her husband are involved in making this magazine. Though I can't wait what's inside and hope they will use more models on the cover than US version does.

Here's bigger cover & some info

Leonardo DiCaprio appears on Interview's first Russian issue, helmed by ex-Russian Vogue editor Aliona Doletskaya. The magazine, which hits newsstands around the world beginning November 26, is Interview's first international edition in its 42-year history (a German edition will come out simultaneously ten times a year). With a superstar like Leo on the cover, accompanied by an interview conducted by Doletskaya and Clint Eastwood, they don't even need to rope readers in with promises of makeup- and Photoshop-free shots of him, though his wrinkles just might suggest as much. "If we’re talking about the first issue and the best talent you can book for it, it is Leo," Doletskaya says. "There’s no need for the last name. Because there is only one Leo." Well, aside from Madonna's astrological sign, that is. After twelve years at Russian Vogue, Doletskaya says, "Experience with a new brand, especially a legendary one like Interview will be very different. It’s almost like comparing herring to a mango. But of course, I love herring, especially with a shot of vodka and I’ll take a mango in any exotic tropical form." Now that is our kind of editor.

glossy.ru
nymag

Vintage 80s-90s vibe, Wayfarers, bearded DiCaprio with no retouching. What more could I ask for? :heart:
(Well maybe less highlighting of the eyes...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like the old logo and retro feel of the cover. Kinda reminds me of the 70's-80's Richard Bernstein covers.

I've always wanted him to do an Interview cover, but not like this! It looks tacky.

My biggest wish is too see less celebrity contents and more fashion ones

perhaps they're trying to go back to their roots with more emphasis on the Warhol-esque pop culture exchanges (i.e interviews) between movers and shakers? i think that'd be a welcome change, as honestly I find the current US incarnation under Baron such a drab, hard to read, overly aggro doom and gloom affair. looking at vintage Interviews there was much more exciting energy to the topics and people featured, an anything can happen vibrancy in moods, ideas, and viewpoints. For me what makes Interview so great is not the fashion nor the models but thought provoking interviews which more fashion focused titles tend to glaze over.

Visually, it's not a carbon copy of the current American one, which gives me hope that they'll try to establish their own identity, while still being what we'd recognise as 'Interview'.

My biggest wish is too see less celebrity contents and more fashion ones :lol:

But the point of the magazine is for celebrities to interview each other, etc. It's not a model-driven fashion magazine. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CREATIVERESEARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->