iPod Video

i just got one recently - the 30 gig in white. i don't have any videos on it yet, but you can download tv shows and stuff specifically compressed for ipod...i'm downloading season 1 of lost and some other stuff. good for long plane trips :wink: i call mine pod-pod :lol:

.f where are you dwnlding lost frm ?!
i can't find it anywhere gd . . plz let me know ! :wink:

I have a case protecting my black ipod video. I bought it from the apple store and it is not even cute, but I got it to protect my ipod. I did not know that the click wheel can get scratched too! I happen to look at my wheel and it is so marked up.

i got a black video ipod for christmas
DSCF0720.jpg

hey how long is the battery supposed to last for when just playing songs? like when you're not using the backlight.

I spend hours making little avatars (instead of album cover) for all the artists to be displayed next to their songs...

iBella said:
I want to name mine too but I can't get any ideas - it's a black 60GB - anybody has any ideas?

I named mine Bianca. "Hello my name is Natalie and this is my iPod, Bianca" :D

Sounds like you have the same one I do. Hmmm... it doesn't have that cutesy look, so it wouldn't have a cutesy name like Katie. Something a little sexier for the black iPod :lol: :heart:

hey how long did everyone's iPod Video last for when playing videos?

fleur137 said:
hey how long did everyone's iPod Video last for when playing videos?

I get **almost** 2 hours watching videos.

By the way, I got the new cover from iSkin and it's fabulous! I feel like I can finally venture out with my iPod instead of keeping it home until a cover (decent one) came out. It has a fabulous screen protector.

mammab said:
I get **almost** 2 hours watching videos.

By the way, I got the new cover from iSkin and it's fabulous! I feel like I can finally venture out with my iPod instead of keeping it home until a cover (decent one) came out. It has a fabulous screen protector.

I think there is something wrong with your battery.

i got an agent8 cover for my video ipod... i love it!!! it's a hard clear cover, so it protects and.... still maintains the beautiful aesthetics of the ipod! plus the case is crystal clear where the screen is so the images are completely clear.

catherinea said:
I think there is something wrong with your battery.

Are you serious?? :o How much time do you get? I have the 30 gig..... :cry:

I would like to know also. I only usually get 2 perhaps 3 hours tops when playing video on my iPod. I love watchin episodes of Lost on it though, I think its great for that. Besides I like to oogle those sexy island guys on any size screen! I do wish there were more TV shows up for grabs via iTunes or even just via download. I want Arrested Development and the Simpsons on my iPod!

I ordered a Vaja case, I can't wait until it arrives. I hate using the generic black Apple case :doh:. You think that after they spend months and years designing something that they would offer a more aesthetically pleasing means of carting said thing around.

want to name mine too but I can't get any ideas - it's a black 60GB - anybody has any ideas?
I like when iPods have very ridiculous names, the kind of thing only a gadget could get away with being named. My video iPod's name is Cocaine Kate, and my 3G was Ol' Dirty Bastard. I figure an iPod name should be fun, nothing too serious.

And if anyone is converting videos via a Mac I reccomend MPEG Streamclips for turning music videos into MPEG-4's. Its quick and free plus it has all the settings standard so there is no plugging in values. Very easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i'm useless with computers, but is it possible to put a dvd in the computer and convert those dvds into the ipod format using videora? if so, how do i save from the dvd to the computer?? this might sound extremely stupid, but again i'm useles...with computers:blush:

I'm thinking about buying my boyfriend the 60 gig but I'm worried that APPLE is going to come out with something totally fantasmic as soon as I buy it.

I really really want a Ipod video. I just don't want them to make something even better after I get it :(

My only question is, would I be able to download runway shows onto an Ipod vid? Like from style.com (or any other resource)?

Oh, and this question also applies to Creatize Zens- I like the bigger screen- because I have to do my research :innocent:

If I won't be able to get runway shows on it, then I'd rather get a nano.

To put dvd's on my black video iPod, I first downloaded a dvd decrypter and then used the Videora converter. It worked pretty good, except the audio ahead of the video, so I have to tweak the settings a little bit.

I mostly download live performances or music videos for mine. thestrokesfan.com messageboard has a ton of videos in the Media section; you just have to convert them for Itunes. ALso, my battery only lasts about two hours when playing videos. I thought there was something wrong with it, but I see everyone else's seems to do that too. :blush:

Rumour has it that Apple is coming out the the 'true' video iPod in April to commenorate its 30th anniversary.

It's essentially what everyone's expected and speculated by this point (us included), but ThinkSecret's latest iPod rumor plays into everyone's hopes that Apple's got a proper video iPod in development. According to TS, they can confirm that Apple's next device will have a 3.5-inch display (the current 5G iPod has a 2.5-incher) and will shed the clickwheel entirely for a virtual UI with input via a touchscreen.

Some mock-up images.
http://ipod-fullscreen.blogspot.com/

videoipodfake22jf.jpg

videoipodfake9ge.jpg

^agh after ive purchased the ipod video now they release that....! i want that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muk5
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->